Thread: <NEEDS HELP QUICK!

Angry <NEEDS HELP QUICK!

Hey guys, im new here, but im not new to the FF series. I have FF7 also. but, i got FFX for christmas [ i re bought it after my first one got broken years ago] well anyway, I was wondering:

How do i beat the 3rd Seymour [ the one with the Morchortis, and that has the lance of Atrophy and Cross Cleave, right before you cross to Zanarkand]... because, he keeps kickin my a$$! I call a summon Banish gets thrown, I try to use Protect to protect myself from his Cross Cleave, and he uses Dispel on not one, but all my Characters, i try to attack him, he uses Lance of Atrophy, then full life so he kills me instantly... HOW DO I KILL HIM!!!!!!!

also, i was wondering another thing... for the monster arena, when the guy gives you the Treasure Chest for helping him out, What do you need to open it?

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmasta

also, i was wondering another thing... for the monster arena, when the guy gives you the Treasure Chest for helping him out, What do you need to open it?
    You need to capture one of every monsters in Calm Lands to do so. If you can't open it, you might need to have the Celestial Mirror in your inventory.

The Hardcore Gentleman Emerald weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas
    You need to capture one of every monsters in Calm Lands to do so. If you can't open it, you might need to have the Celestial Mirror in your inventory.
    Not might,you do!u get the celestial mirror by winning a cloudy mirror in the remiem temple race(get there by getting a chocobo and finding a feather near where u enterd the calm lands,to the right)then when u get the mirror go to macalania forest and talk to a women who has a son,she will tell you that her husband went missing and she needs him,go to the camp site(where u were after escapin bevelle)and you will see him,talk to him,he rejoins his family,then talk to him again,he notices that his son has went missing,go up the shiny path and walk till u c a path going to the leftish n the boy is there talk to him and the examine the ''big thing''the mirror will become a''celestail mirror''you use this to get celestail weapons,which is in the chest(yuna's nirvana weapon)but u need a ''crest'' and a ''sigil'' to activate its power if you want to know everys celestial weapons,crests and sigils are P.M me

to win get all youre aeons to have they're overdrives then summon and use them. oh and use the basic hasteaga(spelling) and attack with youre characters overdrives. that should be enough to beat him down

Quote Originally Posted by The Unbelievable Me
    So most probably all of this has been said before but here goes:

(the below is from the boss faq by Haunter120 on gamefaqs)
    Seymour Flux, Mortiorchis
    HP: 70000, 4000

So you must deal about 70,000 damage without dying from his arsenal of attacks including mainly, Lance of Atrophy (again this info is stolen, with some ideas of my own and some not), Full-Life, Annihilation and dispel.

We can deal with these attacks thusly:
    Lance of Atrophy casts zombie on a character- no threat a holy water quickly fies this and his follow up cast of Full-Life which would kill you heals you... no danger here.
    Dispel can be annoying as haste is very helpful but once again it can be easily stopped, this time by silence (probably Wakka would be best for this, though Rikku's tosses are good for status).
    Total Annihilation is his most dangerous move dealing maybe 3500-5000 damage. However Shell brings this move down a huge degree, it should do no more than 2000 to a shelled character. This can be cast by a white mage, or if you have it Kimahri's mighty guard.
    Banish kills an aeon instantly, so only rely on a single attack from them such as an overdrive.
    Seymour also has flare, but I think silence avoids that and a few other moves I can't recall- but nothing dangerous.

Your Way of Killing him:
    There are many different ideas and here they are:
    -Tidus is very useful, he does reasonable damage and can haste (hastega) your party.
    -He has a huge weakness to poison which is easily exploited by a variety of moves, specifically bio from Lulu and item usage from Rikku.
    -The standard Aeon sac strategy is effective, bringing in a few aeons with prepared overdrives can easily hugely deplete his HP.
    -Heavy damage is of course helpful so your strongest characters should be used. Yuna's excellent as a healer/summoner and I like Tidus for haste skills and Wakka because of silence buster, which will keap Seymour on a leash.
    -Wakka can stop Seymour from using dispel. This may not sound good but it means he won't cancel your haste or your shell- this turns out to be very helpful for surviving Annihilation.

He's probably (read:undoubtedly) the toughest yet but his attacks can all be equalized and with skills such as bio, aeons and strong attacks he shouldn't be too hard to knock off. If I remember rightly Mortiorchis has lower defense, so attacking it with physical attacks from Tidus or Auron is probably helpful (not Wakka because silencing Seymour is so helpful).

Hope this helps!

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

Still struggling?

I always use poison on him then haste, then just heal.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

Smile

Dude, i cant thank you guys enough... i will go try everything you guys suggested... and i will return back to this post once i want to get that celestial mirror and help the family...

The Hardcore Gentleman Emerald weapon's Avatar

always here for help

My best advice is to train yuna and get her to aurons side of grid sphere.... her strength will increase so much making your aoens strong enough. Thanks to that my status of attacks for aoens increased to 155.

Now i have a new problem... and that problem is named Yunalesca... the first and second version of her are easy... the 3rd one kills me, n e tips?

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Learn holy magic and don't heal your zombie status for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenmasta
    Now i have a new problem... and that problem is named Yunalesca... the first and second version of her are easy... the 3rd one kills me, n e tips?
    You know there is such a thing as GameFaq's