Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is EoFF, to you?

a bit of everything from the above
    Making a slow come back since 2008

I see it as a way to discuss interesting and entertaining topics, as well as the occasional serious and thought-provoking one. No matter what the topic, there's bound to be a variety of responses that help people display thier views and understand how others see things. It's also a good place to talk about games, movies, songs, etc., that you like, knowing that someone will most likely have some clue as to what you're talking about. And finally, it's a great place to see some fantastic works of art and writing.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Blog Entries

<s>My mother</s>

Er, yeah. An internet forum where I can discuss current affairs

there was a picture here

That's a heavy question - one that no matter how many words I use, I would still fail to fully reflect how I think and feel about this place. So, I resort to the entire bank of emoticons to convey my answer.

edit:
    [q=xDDDD]1. You have included 203 images in your message. You are limited to using 100 images so please go back and correct the problem and then continue again.

Images include use of smilies, the vB code [ img ] tag and HTML &lt;img&gt; tags. The use of these is all subject to them being enabled by the administrator.[/q]

:rolleyes2 :mog: :chuckle: :yap: :clone: :yellowkin :catsmile: :grinpink: :greenking :strut: :laugh: :freak: :goofy: :sing: :bgl: :elk: :scary: :yuck: :twak: :grr: :fencing: :frust: :strung: :twocents: :hourglas: :meditate: :shoot: :rock: :x_x: :-\ :rolleyes3 :quarter: :sad: :alien: :bigbiggri :foot: imp:

:banbleys

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

It's a place to socialize about things that I can't necessarily talk about in the real world. It's definately a part of my daily life as I usually come here two or three times a day. What I try to put into it as a whole is threads that members can participate in with interest instead of just replying once and forgetting about it. That's where the EOFF Horror House, EOFF CSI (another will come), the Sandwhich Man comics, and other things come into. I don't feel like I owe it to EOFF to give these things, I just enjoy doing it. On a personal level I get conversation about my interest that most people in the real world I know just don't give a damn about. I can also express ideas and creativity without really worrying how far out there they are. I usually don't post questions here because this is still the internet so instead of being lazy and asking something I'll just look it up elsewhere on the internet. This place has definately added to my life as I think about it quite a bit in the real world. Things I've done, things I would like to do, events that have happened. I would not have made it through Iraq as well as I have without this place. Seriously, it helped in a way that just can't be described. You have to go through it yourself to really understand.

As far as Site Staff goes it's really helped a lot in developing my skills. They gave my the chance to work on the site when I showed much more desire to help the place than the actual talent to do it, and they have seen me grow since then. It's something I really appreciate.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

EoFF is my mom.

A forum I come to when I'm extremely bored.

Russian Pride
    Коммунисти́ческая Па́ртия Сове́тского Сою́за

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Its a place where you can eat cookies and make friends

Hmmm. I dont know how to answer the question, because I just come here and I dont even play rpgs on the ps2 anymore, and havnt played a FF in years.... But I've been here for nearly 5 years.... Wow how time goes by. lol. I'm mostly a lurker/reader.

A forum I come to when I'm extremely bored.
    That too.

I've travelled through the icy mountains and darkest realms of the Internet; I've stayed at numerous communities. But there's something special about this one.

I see EoFF as a place

* Where you can ask questions when you are not sure about something

* Where you can talk about things you enjoy / like, like music, films, games, or whatever

* Where you can make friends 'cause 90% of people on here are friendly & very different to people on other forums, also the mods / admins are much nicer than on other forums.

To put simply it that is.
    Last edited by Devourment; 01-17-2006 at 08:48 AM.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I see EoFF as a place to come to when I'm bored to talk with people, but what I really value most from EoFF are the close friends I've made from it that have affected my life.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Something special.

EoFF, to me, used to be a place to meet others like me and to chat about our tastes, but like all forums, there's lots of spam so I can never be bothered to go on as much anymore. I just dont wanna read all the poop!! But I have made lots of good friends here.

Kagga
    Here I am to save the day!

Blog Entries

You learn how to settle for what you get.

Edit: Plus it's a great place to convert people to Grace Jones. xD

Edit: No luck so far (almost been here for two years).