Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Completing the game

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Completing the game

When do you plan on quitting? When you run outta money? When the inflation gets too horrible to stand? Or do you have a specific set of goals that you'd like to achieve before calling it quits?

All I really want from this game is to get my WHM and SMN to 75 and AF armor for each and Rank 10 in Windy and Sandy (not so concerned with Asstok). And I want to participate in a few end game stuff like Dynamis and then... I'm done.

Those are the main things I want to accomplish in FFXI so once those things are done, I'll be happy to "end" the game and say that I'm done. This is one of those games that you can't really beat completely since it just keeps going and there's always more to do. But you can set some goals for yourself, and once reaching them, be able to say that you finished what you wanted to finish in Vanadiel.

Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."
    Last edited by Miriel; 01-16-2006 at 10:28 AM.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

When I beat the final boss.

And which final boss would that be? The final boss in Rank mission 5-2? The final boss of Zilart Mission 17? The final boss of Promathia Chapter 8-4? I'm sure there will also be a final boss of Aht Urhgan... sadly the game doesn't really offer a final final boss.

As for me. I'll probably stop playing when it either drives me nuts or it goes offline forever. My list of goals are nearly impossible within the confines of the game as it currently is mostly due to storage issues within the game.

I would love to have all of the gear that I want for my BRD which is almost impossible as it is. I'd also love to eventually take the rest of my jobs to 75 and have all of the great gears for them as well (not that bad considering many of them are shared) but the problem is space and it's already becoming an issue. There are a great many Ra/Ex piece of great equipment in the game. Even to have all of the great Ra/Ex things I can have for my BRD might be impossible with the current storage situation. I keep piling these Ra/Ex things up in my MH and I'm not able to mule them. A few examples.

Joyeuse
    Rostrum Pumps
    Suzaku's Sune-Ate
    Tamas Ring
    Bomb Queen Ring
    Opo-opo Crown
    Star Necklace
    Minstrel's Coat
    Gaudy Harness

This is only a small pinch of what gear I currently have not even mentioning the loads of things for my non-main job like...

Carbuncle Mitts
    Rogetsurin
    van Pendant
    Moldavite Earring
    Tavnazian Ring

and the list goes on. Eventualy leveling all jobs to 50 I'd want their individual level 50 JSEs and endgame I'd like to have full god gear (not all of which is Ra/Ex) and Zenith gear and that's only for my mages... that doesn't count Relic Gear, AF+1 and then eventually Ajburation gears for other jobs. As you can see it is nearly impossible to meet my goals because of this current space limitation. Sorry to get completely off topic so here is what I would want in a perfect world.

All jobs to 75 including great gear for them all (most of which is Ra/Ex)

All crafts to 60+1... one at 100+3 (or more depending on the craft) fishing to 100+whatever it can get. A few level 100+ crafts on mules such as Cooking and Alchemy.

All story lines completed which requires me only to finish 1 BC for ZMs and the rest of my Wind and Bastok missions... pretty easy and I'll probably be done with this soon. Of course there is Aht Urhgan on the horizon.

I'd like to finish all individual quests. I'd say I have over 50% done. For particular places I have a much larger percentage done. I have over 90% of the individual quests in Sandy complete. Most of the ones not complete are stuff like the LuShang's rod quest (working on it) and the AF quests for jobs I don't have up yet.

There is all of this and potentially very much more in the game left for me.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble
    And which final boss would that be? The final boss in Rank mission 5-2? The final boss of Zilart Mission 17? The final boss of Promathia Chapter 8-4?
    Whatever the final boss is in the final expansion pack they make.
    I like Kung-Fu.

When alot of my friends stop playing.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

When lionx is in my bedroom.

And Omecle and I are working together as animation desingers.

And when Zaphier and I are making chocolate chip cookies!
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

When Vaprice stops playing.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

well I have been playing on and off for almost a year now (in march) but even so here is my list of goals as I want to achieve them:

1. Get my WHM to 25 and Raise someone lol
    2. Take my WHM to 30 and unlock every advance job
    3. Get my BLM to 16 (I think) and learn Warp
    4. Get 36 WHM and do teletaxi for some easy money (which I want to know, how much is the going rate for teletaxi atm?)
    5.get all my AF for WHM/BLM
    6. get my WHM to 75 and get Fenrir for my SMN (which im not going to touch till I get him)
    7. beat the shadow lord
    8. then the rest of the bosses (prefrably all in the same week lol)
    9. take my SMN to 75

After I have done all this I can retire a happy man

Level 17 is warp.

Tele-taxi is 1K-5K to whatever thats up. Its not easy gil, in fact i can easily find other places to get more gil. Most people will take forever to get to you and its a waste of time if people are like that.

And its pretty impossible to get all the bosses finished in under a week. Just getting to them will take a while.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I finished the game when I got to level 75 on two jobs, finished Rise of the Zilart, and Chains of Promathia!

I still have to get Diabolos, though. I don't like it when they add little things like that so that I have to go get it when I start to finish it again.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

I just want a monk and red mage to level 75 and good leveled sub jobs for them. I also want to do all the other job quests and get them all. As for the game though, it has been a complete waste of time and money.
    Sabin:
    You think a little thing like the end of the world was going to do me in.
    FF6

Barret
    There ain’t no getting off this train we’re on
    FF7

Seifer
    "One of these days, I'm gonna tell ya 'bout my ROMANTIC dream!"
    FF8

Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!"

-ending of FF9

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by lionx
    Level 17 is warp.

Tele-taxi is 1K-5K to whatever thats up. Its not easy gil, in fact i can easily find other places to get more gil. Most people will take forever to get to you and its a waste of time if people are like that.

And its pretty impossible to get all the bosses finished in under a week. Just getting to them will take a while.
    oh well, I supose ill not be able to do it all in a week, but I still want to try anyways.

and as to the tele taxi's if I have a day of doing nothing but tele taxi's earning an average of 2k per taxii recon ill have about 50 customers (depending on the amount of time I play and the day I do business (most likely saturdar cause schools out for the kiddies) it will be worth my while

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle
    I finished the game when I got to level 75 on two jobs, finished Rise of the Zilart, and Chains of Promathia!

I still have to get Diabolos, though. I don't like it when they add little things like that so that I have to go get it when I start to finish it again.
    Haha, and now they're gonna keep hooked with the new expansion pack.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserDragon with a hat
    oh well, I supose ill not be able to do it all in a week, but I still want to try anyways.

and as to the tele taxi's if I have a day of doing nothing but tele taxi's earning an average of 2k per taxii recon ill have about 50 customers (depending on the amount of time I play and the day I do business (most likely saturdar cause schools out for the kiddies) it will be worth my while
    Um... 100k in a day? That's barely anything... You can earn more by farming beehive chips. =\ (remember, the economy has inflated by a huge amount over the holidays)

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I doubt it, it hasnt been worth my while before when i did it(and i only did it cuz i was unaware of anything on how to play the AH right at the time).

The economy has thus already inflated, the most you can actually pay for with the gil earned here is maybe things like chocobos or daily livings.

Remember theres not always a constant demand for teleports, somedays there COULD be 50 customers(per hour? But 50 is rare), but there can also be a flat 0. There are many reasons why Tele-Taxing is a waste of time if it is your main source of making gil.

1.) There are many ways to travel that are more time saving which includes:

-Outpost Warping: While it might cost more and not everyone has it, it saves time. If you actually do your supply quests you can save more time, and time = money for your customer. I would personally stay at my home nation if i wasnt a WHM, and seek with my flag up unless i am sure i can make a PT. Because of outpost teleports, not to mention Return Rings are awesome as they tele you to the outpost so i can go back to home nation, and port to where i wanna go.

-Airship/ship: 200gil/100gil respectively, fixed and easy, no matter how much things rise this is constant and fixed.

-Chocobos: It would be much wiser for someone to leave town in a chocobo than shout for more than 5minutes max in order to save more time.

These all compete against you, and i never asked for a tele in any of my other jobs..its not worth it i feel.

2.) Wait time:

Many people would indeed, NOT be ready to be teleported when you invite them. It takes time to send the invite, and wait for them to switch their jobs/sub, or buy food or finish crafting or whatever the hell else they need to do. Although the time might be short it will eventually add up and waste you time that can be spent making more money elsewhere. Zoning to your Mog House for MP is also factored in, and it also adds up. Not to mention you guys can be way accross the map...the time spent gathering is alot and significant.

I just wanna be clear, TELEPORTING IS NOT FREE FOR THE WHM, IT COSTS ALOT OF TIME.

I could spend my hour farming elementals any place and get 50K an hour and not have to deal with people. Or I can sit in jeuno and tele people for 10-20k (or even 0 if theres no demand) an hour. Every minute I'm in the game is time I could have spent earning money. Everyone looks for the way that will maximize that money vs time invest. With whats costing now and ways to get money i totally find taxi-ing to be a huge gross waste of time and headache. I cant imagine how much teleing i have to do for an Eranse scroll(1mil on middy).

In that same time to tele i can probably travel around and desynth stuff and get stacks of stacks of cotton thread which is 40K a stack each as well as other stuff. Probably around 10mins if the AH has enough supply to get 5 stacks and if i HQ enough.

Compare against what I "could" be making being a Teletaxi. At MOST, assuming people were ready to actually go when they said they needed a tele, you could do perhaps 15 teleports an hour, when you figure time to invite, negotiate, and gather people as well as shout your services. And what if people run off after you tele and dont pay? Or what else, dont pay you the right ammount and haggle? What about the limitations of the 6 party members that can be teleported? And surely not every person is going to go to the same place.

With the current value of gil, i would charge 5K for basic tele...but 3K minimum to make it worth my time.

3.) Mining. Fishing. Farming bees/coeurls/goobues/whatever. Learn a craft and stick with it. ENMs. BCNMs. Gardening.

Every one of the above activities makes more money than being a tele-taxi. and i can attest to it with what those items cost now..

Only reason to taxi? You need quick cheap starting capital...but even then i feel the above methods are better. I just honestly cannot see WHM Tele-taxi as being a viable main source of income. Good money on the side yes, but never as main....and if i take it as a side money gain, they are going to have to come to me as its a service. Oh yeah..i forget..many people expect YOU to come to them, i am not doing that when i can make more money sitting here crafting/etc.

You can still do it, but i really dont think its worth your time.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3