Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFV on PS2

Default FFV on PS2

I was attempting to play FFV on my PS2 when I noticed the save screen was scrambled and failed to save.

I was just wondering if there is any way to avoid this, or is FFV not compatible with the PS2??

Thanks in advance
    We all know that the Thief is the superior Final Fantasy figure. <-----PERIOD

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

are you using a PS1 memory card because you cant save PS1 games on a PS2 memory card.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Sometimes i will make a save and then go out for a while. When i come back, if i try to carry on from the save screen, the game will freeze up to 1-2 minutes. This happens everytime i leave the save screen up for extended periods of time (which is quite alot actually) and the length of time it freezes for directly relates to how long i have left the save screen up for. It always picks up though
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

that is wierd cos it never does that with my ps2 and my mum has thrown that about everywhere (one time she threw it with ff9 disk 2 in and the tray wouldnt open, i had to use a bloody screwdriver to open it ).....

I forgot that you can't use a PS2 card with a PS1, but that was remedied when it wouldn't let me start a new game without one.

I used to keep my PS1 around in case I wanted to play FFV, but I don't have it with me (it's a lovely 400+ miles away).

I downloaded the translated SNES rom (shame on me, of course) but it's just not the saaaaaaaaaaame!

I'll give it another shot today, but I'm not too big on wasting time on a game that won't save.........that's bogus!
    We all know that the Thief is the superior Final Fantasy figure. <-----PERIOD

Quote Originally Posted by omegaweapon2005
    that is weird cos it never does that with my ps2 and my mum has thrown that about everywhere (one time she threw it with ff9 disk 2 in and the tray wouldnt open, i had to use a bloody screwdriver to open it ).....
    No offense, but is your mum crazy??? Why the hell would she chuck your PS2? Doesn't she realize she's breaking an around $200 piece of equipment? If she does it again, break one of her fine china and say its compensation! Or smash any of her music CD's that you don't like! "Youse smash muh PS2 youse pays da price!"

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

actually, ive heard of many instances where ffV doesnt work on ps2s. you can still navigate the menu, btw, you just wont see the arrow moving.

i have no clue why it would do this, maybe how the game was made?

FFV works totally fine on my PS2. Maybe you just have crappy PS2s.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I've got the newest model of PS2 aside from the slimline one, and I've encountered the same problem. I don't think there's any way around it, but it only pops up sometimes. Just memorize the commands you need to go through to save--it's not hard, really, and you shouldn't encounter the glitch more than half the time you go to save, if it's anything like my experience.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omegaweapon2005
    (one time she threw it with ff9 disk 2 in and the tray wouldnt open, i had to use a bloody screwdriver to open it ).....
    I sense a new Olympic sport.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

I ordered the new series of family guy from america and dvds from there will only work on a region 2 dvd player. For that reason, they wouldnt work on my ps2 because its a region 1 ps2. If you bought your ps2 from a region 1/2/3 area and your game from a different region to your ps2 that might explain why it has problems. Of course i could be way off track, dvds are not games and games ive ordered from abroad have always worked fine. Just thinkin outside the box
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

Final Fantasy Anthology (aka ff5) was one of the handful of games which Sony said were NOT compatible with the PS2 when it came out. So I'd suggest leaving it on the PS1, or you might mess up your machine.

Quote Originally Posted by shinangel2292
    I ordered the new series of family guy from america and dvds from there will only work on a region 2 dvd player. For that reason, they wouldnt work on my ps2 because its a region 1 ps2. If you bought your ps2 from a region 1/2/3 area and your game from a different region to your ps2 that might explain why it has problems. Of course i could be way off track, dvds are not games and games ive ordered from abroad have always worked fine. Just thinkin outside the box
    PS1 games are on CD, PS2 are on DVD, so I don't think region would have much to do with it.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

My FFA works fine on my PS2, so does every PS1 disc, even Imports.
    I'd say that something of yours is broken.

yeah, i have the slimline one, and ff5 works fine on it, the only downside is the designers neglected to INCLUDE A FAN so i can't play for hours an hours on end or i fry the system... which i can't afford to do, for reasons i will see about making a new thread on in... some other forum.
    i'm probably the biggest Prodigy fan you don't know.