Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which Game System is Best?

Default Which Game System is Best?

Which game system do you prefer?

For example: jobs, junctioning, materia, learning abilities from items, learning as you level up?

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rincewind
    Which game system do you prefer?

For example: jobs, junctioning, materia, learning abilities from items, learning as you level up?

Certainly NOT learning abilities as you level up. FFIV bored me to death with that system.

I really didn't like the sphere grid in X either

The job ability system in FFV was great. Training a character in one job class and using the skills learned while training another job class just makes kind of sense and really had its uses. It could be devestating aswell, and left room to mix and match abilities for well balanced parties and make a strategic approach to bosses.

The materia system works extremely well too. Being able to combine materia to pull of some awesome attacks. Who needs KOTR when you can W-magic+qudramagic magic counter mime and final attack the [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] out of something without it

And the junction system was brilliance. It had its flaws but it was completley original and a breath of fresh air. I know people say it was difficult, but its explained properly and requires thought work to use effectively. No more thought and work than the job system or the materia system

I'd have to pick the job system as my overall favorite. In vii and viii you could learn white magic from monsters or materia, but nothing beats seeing your character as a white mage to learn it. Especially when their are amazing job classes like ninja's, samurai's, dragoon knight's and sorcerer's to choose from. A party of ninja's looks so damn cool. A party of black mages can be devestating to an enemy weak to elemental magic. especially if you have secondary abilities ti increase that attack power. Job system wins by a long shot
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Junctioning was good to an extent because you could junction different characters to be different things to tackle different situations. VIII had a good system but at 1st it is confusing if you havent used it before.

i quite liked the sphere grid in FFX, however i think it would have been better if you had more choices what you'd like to level up with
    No matter what happens, isn't it important to try?
    Bugenhagen, Final Fantasy VII

No matter what happens, even if you become the world's enemy,
    I'll be your knight.

Squall Lionheart (The promise),

No cloud, no squall shall hinder us...
    Marcus, Final Fantasy IX

This is it. This is your story. It all begins here...
    Auron, Final Fantasy X

the best game system ever was the FFVII!!!!!!!!!!! to pretty damn good!!!! FFVII was easy to manipulate and very limited but all of those materia thing just blow my mind away..... !!!oh and the FFX was good too... I didn't like the FFX-2 system... it's just to bad XD...
    Estuans interius
    Ira vehementi

S E P H I R O T H

http://sanji666.deviantart.com/ - check it out my gallery!!!!!

I like FFVI, where there were characters each with a unique class, so you use that character for a class. Those good with magic will learn spells at certain levels, but everyone can learn magic from espers as well, plus espers give Stat boosts on Lvl up... I think it worked really well, plus they gave depth to each character making the game even better

THE JACKEL

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

definately the materia system! id say the job system comes in at close second (as it was much more developed nad interesting than the watered down 10-2 version)

what would you say was the best limit break system?

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

I don't know about 'Best' system, but my favorite was the FFVIII crisis system. The limit breaks in FFVIII were amazing and the system aloud us to abuse them
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

i like the ff7 "limit break level system" but the fact you couldnt attcak without using your limit break really annoyed me (i liked to save my limits until the bosses) so i would have to go for ff10's "overdrive system" because you could use it when YOU were ready...

Quote Originally Posted by omegaweapon2005
    the fact you couldnt attcak without using your limit break really annoyed me
    Use Mug/Deathblow/Magic/Summon/E.Skill.

Favourite system
    1. FFVII - materia
    2. FFVIII - junctioning
    3. FFX-2 - dresspheres

I don't like the fixed job system of FFIX.

Favourite limit break system

1. FFVIII - hooray for Aura
    2. FFX - I liked having the different modes for charging the OD bar
    3. FFVII - they always came as and when I needed them

FFIX's Trance system was awful, and I never got to see any of them in FFVI.

Dresspher and garment grid system. I liked it, OK?
    Close second is the Materia system.

I HATED the learn from weapons system of IX. I wanted to use weapons that was good for ass-kicking, I didn't want to wait to change them.

I loved junction and the dresspheres.

Thanks for the response people!
    I think my favourite would have to be...i dunno...
    probably materia thinking about it...though i love jobs...
    I've never really got into FF8 properly since i last played it when i was about 12 so was too thick to use junctioning to its maximum...

Either the FFVI or FFIX system. Each had an innovative system that allowed each character to remain unique, although FFVI probably wins overall as you could also customize them by Junctioning Espers.

Yes, that‘s right; I just compared the FFVI Esper system to Junctioning.

FFVII.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

Junction was very enjoyable because it allowed full customization.

I also loved materia in FFVII because of the customization and I liked the combos.

Sphere Grid was pretty cool too.

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394