View Poll Results: So, who has it the easiest?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Boys

48 63.16%
  • The Girls

15 19.74%
  • Dunno

13 17.11%
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 26789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Who has it the easiest?

Perhaps "at any given moment" is a bit of an exaggeration, but generally it's my experience that when we've hurt women, they expect us to figure it out for ourselves. So ehhhhhhhhh.

of course communication is lovely, but just because you're able to communicate a lot when you start the relationship doesn't mean you'll always be able to do so. It's not even always strictly a matter of desire to communicate - especially if you're in a long-distance relationship, a lot of factors can get in the way.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

2nd Protector of the Sun War Angel's Avatar

Alright, let's sum it like this:

Physically, women have it much harder. They are smaller and more tender, and yet have to deal with many hardships. That's not a good combination.

On the cultural\emotional level... I'd say dudes have it far worse, simply because they have to deal with women, who are prone to inexplicable urges, hidden motivations and simply weird ways of communicating and handling situations.

Both men and women agree - women are crazy. Men are simple - we need nourishment, sleep, sex and entertainment. Women can provide us with all those. Women, on the other hand, need so much more... and what's worse, they can almost never tell us what is it that they need, want or crave!

That's why I get along with my girlfriend so well. She doesn't play games with me. She's simple in her ways. If she wants something, she tells me. If something's bothering her, she tells me. She doesn't come to me with baseless accusations (a la 'you're so immature!' or 'you don't understand me!'), with which I cannot cope. She does whine, but that can be silenced with a bit of reasoning. That's nearly ideal, for me.

And I haven't brought up all of society's (and by that I mean mostly women) impossible expecatations of men - to be both macho and sensitive, to be emotional but not show weakness, to tell them stuff but not over-burden them, etc etc... which leads most reasonable men to close up and not say anything at all, for fear of being lectured or enduring lengthy talks of their apparent disadvantages.
    When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one yourself... when gazing into the abyss, bear in mind that the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

The rightful owner of this Ciddie can kiss my arse! :P

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The Man
    Perhaps "at any given moment" is a bit of an exaggeration, but generally it's my experience that when we've hurt women, they expect us to figure it out for ourselves. So ehhhhhhhhh.
    I'll give you that one, because when people tend to get hurt, they close up rather than open up to their boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever. And it is frustrating when having been hurt by someone you care about, that person doesn't even realize what they've done wrong. That stings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man
    of course communication is lovely, but just because you're able to communicate a lot when you start the relationship doesn't mean you'll always be able to do so. It's not even always strictly a matter of desire to communicate - especially if you're in a long-distance relationship, a lot of factors can get in the way.
    *is in a long-distance relationship*

War Angel, if you want to call your gender "simple" then go ahead. I tend to think that regardless of being a male or a female, people are complicated. Maybe I've just been surrounded by really strong females all my life, so this whole wishy-washy, I want something, but I'm not gonna tell him what thing just doesn't seem to be a realistic depiction of female tendencies to me.

If I want something specific from my boyfriend, I'll tell him.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    I'll give you that one, because when people tend to get hurt, they close up rather than open up to their boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever. And it is frustrating when having been hurt by someone you care about, that person doesn't even realize what they've done wrong. That stings.
    It's completely illogical, though. There's no way to make anything better for your partner if you don't know that something's wrong in the first place.

I mean sure, all of us are guilty of closing up from time to time. But in my experiences with women, and a number of my friends' as well, this is fairly commonplace occurrence. Maybe we've just had bad luck :S

War Angel does bring up a number of valid points, but generally I just say to hell with societal expectations and do what I think works best. xD
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

2nd Protector of the Sun War Angel's Avatar

War Angel, if you want to call your gender "simple" then go ahead.
    Certainly. Easy to manufacture, simple to maintain!

If I want something specific from my boyfriend, I'll tell him.
    Then he is a lucky man.... unless you make outrageous requests and claims. For his sake, I hope you don't.
    When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one yourself... when gazing into the abyss, bear in mind that the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

The rightful owner of this Ciddie can kiss my arse! :P

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by War Angel
    Then he is a lucky man.... unless you make outrageous requests and claims. For his sake, I hope you don't.
    Actually, I demanded that he destroy Central California and push Northern California down to meet Southern California. I also requested that he build a time machine to stop time.

He said he'd work on it.

That doesn't make me difficult does it?

And Ive yet to meet a guy who gets kicked between the legs once a month for about seven days at a time.
    Hi youve finally met one.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by War Angel
    Certainly. Easy to manufacture, simple to maintain!

Much as I hate to admit it, yeah, we're pretty basic.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Actually, I demanded that he destroy Central California and push Northern California down to meet Southern California. I also requested that he build a time machine to stop time.

He said he'd work on it.

That doesn't make me difficult does it?
    No, that sounds reasonable to me. Better than some things.
    Here are some differenses between men and women

After reading this, then decide for yourself.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Girls of child-bearing age shouldn't eat tuna because the mercury therein can turn their babies into drooling masses of raw autism. C'mon, no tuna? That's rough, man.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by corncracker
    No, that sounds reasonable to me. Better than some things.
    Here are some differenses between men and women

After reading this, then decide for yourself.
    If it were filled with valid conclusions instead of stereotypical generalizations, then perhaps I could consider that as a valid source for anything.

I don't use scented stationary;_;

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    If it were filled with valid conclusions instead of stereotypical generalizations, then perhaps I could consider that as a valid source for anything.

I don't use scented stationary;_;
    But stereotyps dictate the future.

god i hate "debates" like this ...

"Women generally" expect that? I bet I've had more long term (though not romantic) relationships with woman than most of the guys on this forum. And very very few of them fit into that difficult, neurotic, stereotypical role that so many guys seem to buy into. People in general are difficult to understand, but I would expect that if you choose to be in a relationship with someone it would be because you two understand each other and are very open with each other. If that's not the case, why be in a relationship at all?
    Yes, they really do. That's many guys' experience. First of all, being in a relationship does not compare to being friends with someone. It's very different. Second, you can't say something like that because you are a female yourself. Girls naturally understand each other better, like guys understand each other better too. I mean, doh! Girls can be very hard to handle in relationships, and I'm not saying that guys can't be difficult, but girls just seem to be that much more difficult.

Sometimes you start a relationship with someone because you're in love with the person, and then you just hope it'll work out. It is just like that sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow The Red XIII Thing
    Hi youve finally met one.
    Oh have I? When was that?