Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Nonsense

  1. #1
    toxic nerd noir Lindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    3,643

    Default Nonsense

    So I was heading home today, listening to some Coheed & Cambria live stuff I'd downloaded. I was almost home, so I figured I'd listen to something epic for the last stretch, and I flipped to my MP3 player and saw there was a live version of In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3 I hadn't listened to yet.
    Now I love that song, it's fantastic, probably my favourite, and I remember seeing them play it live once before, so it brings back good memories.
    I hit the track, and it's like, an american radio show called "ABSOLUTELY LIVE!" and I'm like "wtf? ok, maybe they're live in the studio?", and the show goes through about five minutes of adverts and "brought to you by".
    So they get to it, waffle on about Coheed & Cambria and stuff, and then go on about the music they're playing.
    "And now we bring to you Coheed & Cambria, recorded live from the Troubador club in Hollywood" ...I halt for a minute, wind it back to listen again.

    This is the ABSOLUTELY LIVE show, they're playing something RECORDED, so it's not, is it? It's the ABSOLUTELY 100% NOT LIVE show, or the ABSOLUTELY RECORDED LIVE ELSEWHERE BUT WE'RE PRETENDING IT'S HERE, HONEST.

    So, what's the most recent thing you've heard/seen/said that made little to no sense?

    P.S. The version of In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3 was crappy recorded quality so I went back to the one from the Starland Ballroom <3

  2. #2
    eff you mooglebunni608's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    I'm an anteater
    Posts
    2,236

    Default

    I think we live half our life under water.......
    does that make any sense?

    asdfghjkl;'

  3. #3
    get mad Zeldy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    7,706

    FFXIV Character

    Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

    Default

    I downloaded some songs I was after on Limewire, it took.. 2 seconds to download, so It was obvious they wern't right. An advertisement?
    I had clicked "The Rasmus - Don't Shut The Door". ADVERTISEMENT? A picture of sunglasses? Its happened quite alot actually

  4. #4
    KentaRawr!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Earth!
    Posts
    8,242
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    I have one.

    You know how when you are on the internet, you are theoretically susceptible to viruses? I will being by reminding everyone that when you are online, you are susceptible to viruses if you are directly connected to another PC, or if you are at some web-page which sends viruses onto your PC. If you are not on either of these, you are theoretically safe. But these people think that people sneak INTO your PC over the internet when you aren't looking. They made a product, which is supposed to be the "ULTIMATE VIRUS PROTECTION". It's a switch that disconects you from the internet. >_>

  5. #5
    End0fDarkness Gullick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    851

    Default

    i've had something like that off lime wire a few times, the filename is always exactly what you typed in to search for. it is an advertisement and is starts 'my fellow americans' i always stopped it after that.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lindy
    So I was heading home today, listening to some Coheed & Cambria live stuff I'd downloaded. I was almost home, so I figured I'd listen to something epic for the last stretch, and I flipped to my MP3 player and saw there was a live version of In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3 I hadn't listened to yet.
    Now I love that song, it's fantastic, probably my favourite, and I remember seeing them play it live once before, so it brings back good memories.
    I hit the track, and it's like, an american radio show called "ABSOLUTELY LIVE!" and I'm like "wtf? ok, maybe they're live in the studio?", and the show goes through about five minutes of adverts and "brought to you by".
    So they get to it, waffle on about Coheed & Cambria and stuff, and then go on about the music they're playing.
    "And now we bring to you Coheed & Cambria, recorded live from the Troubador club in Hollywood" ...I halt for a minute, wind it back to listen again.

    This is the ABSOLUTELY LIVE show, they're playing something RECORDED, so it's not, is it? It's the ABSOLUTELY 100% NOT LIVE show, or the ABSOLUTELY RECORDED LIVE ELSEWHERE BUT WE'RE PRETENDING IT'S HERE, HONEST.

    So, what's the most recent thing you've heard/seen/said that made little to no sense?

    P.S. The version of In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3 was crappy recorded quality so I went back to the one from the Starland Ballroom <3
    pretty much what you said *brain explodes*
    and most the stuff I write in essays. I mean whaaa??? what the hell comes out of my....fingers O.o

    Trust No one

  7. #7

    Default

    My mother told me this morning that our drains were blocked, but it wasn't because of something we'd done, it was one of the neighbours. She said that because we're all on the same system if they'd done something it would affect our drains, yet she said there was nothing wrong with the neighbours drains... Then she was giving me instructions on what to do, and what not do, to stop the drains blocking again. I said, but you said it wasn't down to us that the drains were blocked?, and she said, its not, but it will stop the drains from blocking in future..... I started to point out that this made no sense, and then she said, just forget the drains! then continued talking about the drains.... then I stopped her and said, you said forget the drains, so stop talking about them.

  8. #8
    KentaRawr!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Earth!
    Posts
    8,242
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa
    My mother told me this morning that our drains were blocked, but it wasn't because of something we'd done, it was one of the neighbours. She said that because we're all on the same system if they'd done something it would affect our drains, yet she said there was nothing wrong with the neighbours drains... Then she was giving me instructions on what to do, and what not do, to stop the drains blocking again. I said, but you said it wasn't down to us that the drains were blocked?, and she said, its not, but it will stop the drains from blocking in future..... I started to point out that this made no sense, and then she said, just forget the drains! then continued talking about the drains.... then I stopped her and said, you said forget the drains, so stop talking about them.
    You did tell her WHY it made no sense, right? If not, she is probably calling the plumber right about now. o_o

  9. #9
    stacksonstacksonstacksons Shoeberto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Maltlicky, Texas
    Posts
    11,909
    Blog Entries
    1
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    The strogg.

    I mean, they want us dead.

    But where'd they come from, is what I'm wondering.
    Join me on my Mastodon instance, Villa Straylight!

  10. #10
    toxic nerd noir Lindy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    3,643

    Default

    The Strogg homeworld dude, it's obvious, duh.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou
    You did tell her WHY it made no sense, right? If not, she is probably calling the plumber right about now. o_o
    Yeah I told her, but she was having none of it, she said, just shut up and listen! She's a loon. There is really no talking to her once she gets in crazy illogical rant mode. Sometimes we'll finish arguing about something she's said which makes no sense, and she continues the argument without me.....

  12. #12
    This is England
    Papa Waigo
    DK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    All the time in Sunny Beach
    Posts
    7,796
    Articles
    25
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

  13. #13
    Kamiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    a small room beneath a bad guitarist
    Posts
    2,037

    Default

    School doesn't make sense.
    And neither does naming the parts of an algebra problem. :P

    Tôi đói.

  14. #14
    A World Unseen Rusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,891

    Default

    The B) thing. I see it all the time on LJ and I seriously don't get it. Help?

  15. #15
    permanently mitten Miriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    13,556
    Blog Entries
    3
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

    Default

    Rusty, it's supposed to be a smilie wearing sunglasses. It works with an 8 too. 8)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •