Thread: FFV SNES Translated Rom

Default FFV SNES Translated Rom

Has anyone out there played through a translated version of this ROM? It was really strange, I never thought I would find one, but I managed to. Some of the text is a bit off, but for the most part, it's pretty alright. Just wondering if anyone else has completed that version. I just finished gathering the 12 sealed weapons and am doing some side stuff. I did this because it's been a while since I've played the PSX version and forgot what happened. But now I think I'm up to speed with what's up. Also, I think I'm at level 44 or something like that in my PSX version with at least 20 hours or something. I've only mastered a few classes right now. Anyone know where I can get some massive ability points relatively easily, besides giving those magic pots the elixir because I've done that already. Also, does anyone have ANY info on FFV Advance? I've been looking around and only managed to see one small shot of it which I'm sure is floating around here somewhere. (The one that has a comparison of FFIIIj and what the DS version will look like.)

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Is this the normal rom?

Yeah, it seems to be the normal rom I guess. I think someone just got into the game somehow and filled in the text. There's some stuff that he or she has not finished though and I'm not sure when it was made. When you're in a battle and an enemy attacks with any magic or if it's saying something, you won't be able to read it because it has not been translated. Nor the Yes and No commands when doing certain things. Sometimes you also see the text wrap incorrectly and get a little messed up. But I mean, for now I've been able to play with it just fine. Up to a point because I actually have never beaten the game before.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

the ROM I played a few years ago was completely translated and didn't have that horrible pirate accent.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The only weird thing I noticed is that they never used bartz's name, there was just a little character there.

This is the reason that I thought he never talked for teh first part of the game.