24 35.29%
  • it ruins the Final Fantasy feel

18 26.47%
  • Don't mind either ways fine

26 38.24%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: battle

Default battle

Do you think that the on screen encounter battle system is better or worse than the normal battle system

I don't mind the enemies on screen, i do mind the loss of control of my party members. Doesn't feel like FF then.

I dunno, its different. I like the older way better. I like them when I can choose (sp?) the things, and there is a wait system.
    Yeah, so what, I'm a chick that plays Final Fantasy. Not my fault my dad got me hooked when I was little. Started with Final Fantasy Tactics, and now I'm on Final Fantasy X-2... And I'm only 14!

It should be fine. It kinda makes sense how they auto attack, it keeps you from having to tell each character to use there weapon or something, and when you want them to cast a spell or use an ability you just tell me. All in all the battles aren't really any different, just automated with physical attacking. Not to mention the AI in the demo was well programmed so they'll do what they feel is needed like healing or attack magic.
    How I mine for fish!?

Which FF Character Are You?

yeah... but i love the wait system... lol.
    Yeah, so what, I'm a chick that plays Final Fantasy. Not my fault my dad got me hooked when I was little. Started with Final Fantasy Tactics, and now I'm on Final Fantasy X-2... And I'm only 14!

I like the idea of seeing the enemies before you get into a battle with them better.

Me too. I mean, at least then you know the stratagy before even killing them.

I like RPG's for these reasons:
    -Great story lines
    -Epic bosses
    -I'm big on strategy
    -i like slow paced fights that require more thinking than hit this button button as fast as possible (x2)

Now do u see anything about 12's system on their? no.
    P.S. I played the demo and watching enemy's attack each other does really boost the realism.
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

Then you must love Dragon Quest 8, it's all of those and then some. And it's probably the best RPG i've ever played. Final Fantasy XII should be good, i like the way things are done, it's not traditional... but atleast it's a step in the right direction. I do like how you can switch between active and wait mode, i'll probably do active alot to keep the time down, and use wait in big boss battles.
    How I mine for fish!?

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

in a way the old battle was what made FF an FF but it was never my favourite part and i mainly appreciate the storyline and its still similar so i dont mind at all about the change.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

I think in a way it's a better idea and then again I kind of think it is ruining the FF feeling, but I don't mind either way.

Second Character: Tidus
    Third Character: Yuffie

as long as their is still EXP, AP and leveling (which im sure their is.) it will still have the old FF feeling.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I was sad about the change until I played the demo, and FFXI. It's really fun...but I don't know if I'd say "better". The turn based wait random battle system just has a special place in my heart.
    I like Kung-Fu.

can you explain how the battle system works because ive not played the demo. i know its simlilar but i still dont have many accurate ideas on how it will work.

My mirrors are black. El Shaggy's Avatar

I look forward to the new battle system. Random encounters were always lame IMHO.
    :evilking: The Great El Shaggy has posted...