Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Phoenix vs. Omega experience!

Default The Phoenix vs. Omega experience!

I loaded an old file to get the chance to kick the crap out of Omega Weapon - again, and a very weird thing happened..

All three characters died, and Phoenix revived them.. Nothing odd with that, but it repeated itself 4 TIMES! Wich means Phoenix came and resurrected the entire party 5 times in ONE fight.

Has anyone else had this kinda *luck* with Phoenix?

- - - - - - - - - -
    Join Aura - Or someone else will!

I can count on one hand the number of times Pheonix has resurrected me. 1. So no, I certaintly have not had that happen.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

i can only ever recall having my party wiped out once so no :P
    And surprise surprise, it was omega that killed me
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Wow, just once and by Omega? Your party must have rocked, I was stuck for 3 days streight fighting Adel!

The only time I've seen Phoenix is when I used a Phoenix Pinion in battle. Since then I haven't had my entire party KO'd.

I've been revived twice in a row against ultima weapon but thats all

Quote Originally Posted by FinalCetra
    Wow, just once and by Omega? Your party must have rocked, I was stuck for 3 days streight fighting Adel!

I don't understand why Adel would be hard. Unless you relied on GF's quite a lot. Which isn't a problem until you have to fight Adel. If your party is pretty well balanced, you will have someone who is a strong physical fighter. Cast Regan on Rinoa and hit with physical attacks with one character casting support magic and the other healing. I didn't think is was very difficult at all.

I tell a lie though. I was also wiped out by a malboro on the island closest to hell. A quick junction fix sorted that out though
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

It happend for me about 3 times against Bahumut
    Thats me in the blue sporting the Edward Scissorhands haircut

Thanx for the cool Siggie Starry Relm.
    :evilking: :evilking:

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

once you first summon pheonix by using a pheonix pinion he will come back and revive you if you have a pheonix pinion on you. so if you have five pheonix pinions he will come and revive you five times before you run out of pinions. if you didnt have 5 pheonix pinions though it must have been a glitch. do you remember collecting a lot of pheonix pinions? becuase if you did collect a lot ,thats the reason why you were revived 5 times.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    once you first summon pheonix by using a pheonix pinion he will come back and revive you if you have a pheonix pinion on you. so if you have five pheonix pinions he will come and revive you five times before you run out of pinions. if you didnt have 5 pheonix pinions though it must have been a glitch. do you remember collecting a lot of pheonix pinions? becuase if you did collect a lot ,thats the reason why you were revived 5 times.

does that mean if i go all spakka and buy 1,000,000,000 pheonix downs and refine them into 99 pheonix pinions then i will be completley invincible???

boys from the dwarf, you're slightly confused. Phoenix will appear when you use a Phoenix Pinion in battle, and from that point on there is a small chance he will reappear when all three characters are KO'd, regardless of the number of Phoenix Pinions in your inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by shinangel2292
    I don't understand why Adel would be hard. Unless you relied on GF's quite a lot. Which isn't a problem until you have to fight Adel. If your party is pretty well balanced, you will have someone who is a strong physical fighter. Cast Regan on Rinoa and hit with physical attacks with one character casting support magic and the other healing. I didn't think is was very difficult at all.

I tell a lie though. I was also wiped out by a malboro on the island closest to hell. A quick junction fix sorted that out though
    If one is not aware of the full potential of the junction system, and like how to get GFs to learn new stuff they aren't set to learn and where to get those items, then it is quite possible to lose to Adel. To understand the junction system is one thing, but to see its full potential is another thing all together. Without a guide, it can take a while to fully understand the scope of how powerful you can be with the junction system.

Adel is rather fast. I remember my first time playing through the game, I went into battle, she hit me with a Meteor, before I could heal everyone she hit me with another Meteor, KOing someone. Right after I revived that character she hit him with Flare and KOed him again. I spent the entire fight healing until Adel used Ultima and KOed everyone. I tried this four more times, and despite my different strategies the fight went about the same everytime. I was stuck. At that point in the game, I didn't have nearly all the spells I could have had (because a powered up Ruby Dragon is scary and gets a Degenerator in the face before I have time to draw ), nor did I have but one GF with Spd-J, and I had been normally leveling up through the whole game, I think Squall was at level 100 at this point. So Adel was probably at her highest level, and I didn't have but one character with Spd-J, nor did I have the proper spell to fully max Spd in the first place. On my second playthrough, I got the hang of item refining and low levels combined with stat up skills and all that fun stuff, and the game got much easier. But if you don't understand the minute intricacies of the junction system, then the game becomes harder.

I have had Phoenix revive me against Adel once. Pheonix revived me against Omega twice, but didn't come through a third time. And that's about it.

The only reason my entire party WAS wiped out so many times, was because I havent played FF8 in awhile and completely forgott the *tactics* that own against Omega.

But I still cant understand how the hell I had the luck to get Phoenix five tiems straight in the same battle xD

- - - - - - - - - -
    Join Aura - Or someone else will!

♥ Italian Princess ♥ *~Angel Wing~*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf
    I was playing another saved game I had, and I was in Galbadia Garden and wanted to get Cerberus, and for some strange reason he was SUPER hard!!! So I had 1 or 2 Phoenix Pinions (can't remember) and used 1 in the begining so I would be revived if he killed me, and I died and it came and then I died a little while later and it came again!!! I'm not sure if I had 1 or 2, but if I had 2, it would make sense with this theory. And now that you mention it, that was the only time it ever came twice cause when I go against Omega in my other game, it only comes once, and in that game I only have 1 Pinion.

*~Love is the best feeling in the world~*

You needn't use a Phoenix Pinion in the battle in which you want to be revived. As long as you have used a Phoenix Pinion at somepoint in the game, Phoenix can appear in any battle after that time.