Thread: anime/manga anatomy help?

Default anime/manga anatomy help?

hi after some help n drawing anime and manga anatomy, i can draw faces fine but when it comes to drawin the body i cant get it looking right!
    can anyone give me a few pinters, or recommend any books or any help would be really appricated thanks

"This the outro, I was gonna put it at the beginning
    But this is what I say the moment after I'm winning
    Thank you, Ultimate Victory"

The Ultimate Victory - Chamillionaire

for anime i find that using regular human anatomy is close enough just make the legs ever so lightly longer and the torso ever so slightly shorter than a normal humans body. not too much though or your characters will start looking really freakin weird.
    you can usually find plenty of online tutorials for drawing anime. or even look up human anatomy for non anime and just keep in mind that the legs are usually a bit longer. and women are almost always anorexic! (spelling?) lol

thanks

"This the outro, I was gonna put it at the beginning
    But this is what I say the moment after I'm winning
    Thank you, Ultimate Victory"

The Ultimate Victory - Chamillionaire

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yep.
    Get some human anatomy lessons, they will be extremely useful whatever your choice about style will be in the future.
    You could also get a nice series of books titled "How to draw manga".

If you collect manga or have a DVD player that doesn't screw up the picture when paused, you could draw from there. It's really good practice. That's how I started and I got a really cool Inuyasha drawing from it.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

thats a good idea Rengori. yeah buy a human anatomy book it would be very helpful

I can't draw anything without a source. Don't believe anyone who tells you that real artist can just pull things out of thin air - cause that's not what you do, you observe. Find just a regular picuter of a person that you like the pose of (try devART's stock photos) and sketch it out. Then from there, edit it to look like an anime, make it skinnier in places and longer in other and add an anime face. That's what I do and it's usually a good approach. Don't bother buying a book. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aryn
    I can't draw anything without a source. Don't believe anyone who tells you that real artist can just pull things out of thin air - cause that's not what you do, you observe. Find just a regular picuter of a person that you like the pose of (try devART's stock photos) and sketch it out. Then from there, edit it to look like an anime, make it skinnier in places and longer in other and add an anime face. That's what I do and it's usually a good approach. Don't bother buying a book. :P
    That's a more detailed version of what I said. If you already have a resource, don't buy a "how to draw" book. Or, try making chibi art regular anime. That helped me a lot.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

• "Anime/manga" is host to hundreds of distinctly separate art styles.
    • You ought to be trying to carve out your own style anyhow, not copying someone else's.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

that reminds me, kishi when are you going to work on a couple of human figures in your own style?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

That is completely off-topic.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just answer the lady's question, already.

Back on the subject:
    Start small and use stick figures, from there build on the shapes of muscles and the body, then erase the unnessecary lines and go from there.

But when it comes to manga, I can see that there are relationships between manga and reality. Shapes and form derive from ourselves (even the eyes have a resembelance) which you should always remember, try comparing figures of your drawings with real people. Look at the way your own muscles and body looks and shapes, and work on it from there. Whenever I have trouble drawing hands, i usually just sketch the shape/pose of my own. And remember, you can't rush the picture, the longer you take, the better the results.
    Normally I don't advertise or spam for stuff, but i've decided to set my cause to help a needy forum! so come and join http://s13.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_...ex.php?act=idx