Thread: GAH!! Lunar Trials!!

Default GAH!! Lunar Trials!!

Hi there. I'm playing through GBA's FFIV and it's been extremely easy until I sought the Lunar Ruins for extra stuffs. OMG. So, I made it through Yang's trial easy and Rydia's trial wasn't bad. But CECIL'S. I've gotten up to the point to where I get the Lightbringer sword (yay 255 strength and random free holy spell!) but Lunar Odin has been kicking my arse! I decided to move on to the next, and the next door I could go in was for Rosa. Hers was hard, too. Finally, a challenge in this revamp. I've been leveling harshly in the ruins, but... nothing really helps.

This FFIV fangirl must ask other players for help facing Lunar Odin and Lunar Ashura....
    "I'm a General, not some OPERA FLOOZY!"
    You wanna see my artwork?
    www.kawaiiranchan.deviantart.com

If your characters are at level 65 or higher you'll do fine. Make sure they also have their best equipment. As for Lunar Asura, use reflect on her so she wouldn't heal herself

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Lunar Odin was tough, but as long as you can survive two consecutive Zantetsukens, you'll be fine.

As for Asura, she counters every attack by doing her roulette. However, Summons cannot be countered, but more interestingly, Yang's Build/Deadly cannot be countered either. I utilized Yang's Deadly so many times I couldn't count it. Asura can still heal herself 3000+ HP in battle even with reflect by using Restore, so if you're a big spell user, then it may not even help.
    Sigless

Okay so my main party is usually (backrow) Rydia and Rosa (front row) Cecil, Yang, and Cid. Rydia, Cecil and Rosa for obvious reasons, and Yang's Deadly is a nice attack! The fifth is whoever I randomly chose, but it's usually Cid for high HP and high attack. Cid and Yang usually survives two Zantezuken attacks, but Cecil falls after the second and the girls fall right after the first. My levels are average 60 at the moment...
    "I'm a General, not some OPERA FLOOZY!"
    You wanna see my artwork?
    www.kawaiiranchan.deviantart.com

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

You need only one man:

Trust me, he's uber. You really don't need anyone else.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Yangs deadly attack?

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

For Lunar Asura, you should cast Reflect on Lunar Asura AND yourself, because she has a habit of using -aga spells a lot, which hurts. If you can get Reflect up on everybody and herself, she'll kill herself for you.

Lunar Odin is a major pain in the ass. I'll admit that. If you have Kain in your party and he can survive a single Zantetsuken, you'll be fine. Use your most powerful thunder attacks. If you know that you won't kill him before he double Zantetsukens you, time it so Kain is in the air when he attacks. From that point, focus on keeping Kain alive. If you can survive the next Zantetsuken, you'll be fine. Don't even bother attacking. When Lunar Odin attempts to double Zantetsuken you again, he'll get struck by lightning and instantly die.

EDIT: I think when Lunar Odin takes a certain amount of damage and attempts to double Zantetsuken you, he'll always get hit by lightning and instantly die. I beat him a second time (this time with Edward, Cecil, Palom, Cid, and Porom), and he died when he attempted to double Zantetsuken me the first time.
    Last edited by Elite Lord Sigma; 01-23-2006 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendak
    Yangs deadly attack?
    After you win his trial, he wins an item which transforms his Power atttack into deadly, which triples his power when used

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

I beat his trial already...unless you mean he has one on the moon too? OR maybe I didnt pay attention cuz I dont use Yang much, I still have the original party.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendak
    I beat his trial already...unless you mean he has one on the moon too? OR maybe I didnt pay attention cuz I dont use Yang much, I still have the original party.
    Yes, I meant the one on the moon

Vaan - "Hey, you!"

attack with everyone and heal (curaja) with rosa every round
    you have megalixirs, use them, dont be a packrat
    i beat him easily first try, but probably cause of my high levels

I had to gain a few levels, and then, I had Cecil and Kain physically attack, Edge throw Fuma Shuriken, Rydia cast Thundaga, and Rosa use Curaja. I had to use a few Phoenix downs and a megalixer, and that was it.