Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Default EoFF Invitation: tGA

Yeah, it's about that time again.

http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums

Anyway, for the past six years now, the Gamer's Alliance (aka tGA) has been EoFF's unofficial forums-based ORPG. It began as a collection of EzBoards getting together to RP (EoFF and several others, now long dead), and I have since taken ownership of it. tGA has historically drawn most of its membership from EoFF, though we did try to bring a few more boards into it a couple of years ago. It's something I'd rather not talk about.

tGA is a message board-based ORPG. It's pretty much a large, interactive fanfic based on an original world.

EoFF members that used to go to tGA: Cid (former admin), Dr Unne, BOU, Jojo, eestlinc (he was a King, but he fled when he was losing the war, the wuss), HOOTERS (he might come back), Not At All Reno (I'm going to bug him to return), Kawaii, and others.

EoFF (former) members that still go to tGA: Bleys (former admin), Lynx, Emerald Aeris, Doomgaze (current admin), Kossage (current admin), Proto, DocFrance, Loony BoB, Yamaneko (though he doesn't RP, which even turned into an EoFF joke), uh...I think that's it.

tGA goes through periodic downtimes every six months or so when everyone gets tired of writing. But enough people eventually show interest to get it started up again. When we need more people, we have advertised here at EoFF to try and get some new blood and a return of some of the former RPers.

It's pretty easy to get involved. Just read through the Rules and FAQ threads, and then make a profile in the Profile thread. Once it's approved, you're free to join in the RP (stickied in the Crossroads forum) at any point. You can be good, bad, or anything in between, and you're free to pretty much do anything you want. Admins (Councillors) will be reading and participating in the RP and will watch for "god-moding" (overpowering your characters, doing something ridiculously unrealistic), but we are pretty lenient.

Also, if you don't feel like RPing in the main forum or want to start another RP set in your own world, tGA has a Quest forum where you can start your own original RPs that other members can join.

Important links:

<a href="http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9">The Rules</a>
    <a href="http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=215">FAQ</a>
    <a href="http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=199">Profiles</a>: Where you post your character's profile. Instructions for how to do so in the link.
    <a href="http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=465">State of the World</a>: the current state of the tGA world.
    <a href="http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=243">Summary thread</a>: a summary of the entire RP so far, dating back to the beginning of the last big RP.
    <a href="http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=259">The World Map</a>: map of the world dating back to the beginning of the war.
    <a href="http://www.thegamersalliance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=467">RP thread</a>: where we're currently RPing.

So join up. *pokes*

EDIT BY BoB: For anyone who is going to be an idiot, advertising is not allowed unless approved of by an admin, in this case, I have approved this thread.
    Last edited by Raistlin; 01-21-2006 at 05:29 PM.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I'll be sure to make up a detailed profile and then never do anything with that character ever.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Sorta like you usually do, eh?

Though you and Linus got fairly involved with the RP back during the IPB days.

*adds Kishi to the list of former RPers*

I joined once, but left before I did anything.

Oh, and NO ADVERTISING*&%*()!&@%*()&)*&!!!!!@@@#@#1!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

tGA has quite literally been advertising at EoFF for six years. It's almost pathetic.

Six years too long if you ask me. But you didn't. Therefore, you may proceed.

Blog Entries

I'm totally a former member of this board. :|

I should get a nifty purple title saying "Old Codger's Club". That being said, I endorse this thread like the yes-man that I am. C'mon, join, and save (or destroy, if that's your cup of tea) the world.

EDIT: Cram it, Weasley.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

And once you've destoried the world, you can explain to us what the hell you did.

EDIT: I love you too, Lynxy.

EDIT2: Yeah, fix your typo. Everyone will still know your shame!

Blog Entries

The best ad, I'll have you know, is talking Kishi into banning RP threads in the Writers' Corner. :|

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Yeah, we had a good racket going with bribing certain members of staff into banning RP threads.

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Are we to expect the usual demise of the RP by late spring when Wesley goes off somewhere? Good, everything is in order then. We shall live as kings through the spring and revel with memories of yesterday through the summer and into the fall before they quietly put us to rest upon the ground that bore us those long months before. When tGA was just version 7.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Shove it, Yams. If you had actually RPed <i>like you promise</i>, tGA never would've died again. It's all your fault.

Blog Entries

Hey, hey, keep it enticing.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Raist
    tGA has historically drawn most of its membership from tGA
    So why the hell are you making a thread here!?
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

seems really interesting, but I would probably pull a Marick, be part of it for a few weeks, then quit.