Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums - The Largest Open FF Community on the Net"

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Silly newbies acting like a year or two ago was a long time.

In 10 years, EoFF will be the only large FF-related website. FFWA, FFO, and all those other ones - all dead and gone. EoFF will have 100,000 members and two bajillion posts and use 10000 terabytes of bandwidth monthly.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Wow, that Raistlin guy must have been very bad! Two years later and people still hate him ?

As a noob I can say that EoFF is the place were I find the better, most in depth discussions about Final Fantasy.

You guys have a great forum here!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Blog Entries

I'm sure there's a lot more Grace Jones fans since I joined this place. THERE BETTER BE, PUTA.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou
    Loony BoB, in 10 years, will you un-ban Linus and re-join forces to say "Raistlin sucks"? Linus said that in 10 years (He said this 2 years ago, mind you.) he would be here, and he would insult raistlin with you. Darth Holmes confirmed that you two would be the only ones there, and you would just be saying "Raistlin sucks". :mog:
    I would expect that to happen sooner than in 10 years, to be honest, but I'm always more than happy to let people know that Raist sucks.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    I would expect that to happen sooner than in 10 years, to be honest, but I'm always more than happy to let people know that Raist sucks.
    Raistlin joined eoff before you were even born.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin

In 10 years, EoFF will be the only large FF-related website. FFWA, FFO, and all those other ones - all dead and gone. EoFF will have 100,000 members and two bajillion posts and use 10000 terabytes of bandwidth monthly.
    Ooops!
    :aimblush:

Hopefully I'm still around in 10 years to see that!

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko
    Except Unne and RSL. They were already like in their thirties back then.

True evil has no age, foo'.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't want to say anything, but yeah, it's true xD

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri
    Ooops!
    :aimblush:

Hopefully I'm still around in 10 years to see that!
    Trust me, you won't.

I bet in 10 years, Message Boards will be virtual towns where you create a character, design the exterior and interior of a house, and then decide where it goes. Just choose a free spot in a town, and there you go. New house.Here is EoFF town: In the middle of town is the IRC Reality Chat Room, where the topic varies. To the east of it is the General Room. To the West is the General Gaming Room. To the North is numbered FF game room. To the south is the side FF game room. Once inside one of the rooms, (Besides the IRCR Chat Room) you have the choice to speak with people regularly, or you can use one of the local computers to use the classic MB way. In the IRCR chat room, it's the same, except instead of the classic MB way, you have the classic IRC Chat way. Around the IRC Building and all the MB buildings, the entire city is circular. The South and North quarters are Residential Area's. The East and West are shop area's. (Inn's if you are visiting town, food shops if your PC is compatible with virtual taste, Generic RPG Item shops, etc.)

Outside town is a large world, and each town is another message board associated with EZVR. (EZ Virtual Reality) Certain towns have certain special titles. When you create the board, you choose the special title. The title decides what kind of town it is. After you gain a certain amount of points, you can get an addition to the title. EoFF was at first a village, but then they became a city. After that, they got Airships! So it became the City of Airships! woot! These Airships can go to other places with Airships. Port towns ships can go to other port towns, Train Stations Trains can go to other train stations, etc. You get money by taking jobs from weird NPC's, and you can spend this money on Weapons, Armor, etc. Why you need them? Monsters roam the world outside towns! ZOMG! And also, the creator of the board gets to decide what monsters are outside the towns. You can rent vehicles to get across the world, or you can get one of the other types of vehicles. (Airships, Boats, you know.) Or if you're lame you can walk and get ambushed by monsters.

So basically, in 10 years, EoFF will be an MMORPG.
    Last edited by KentaRawr!; 01-22-2006 at 01:02 AM.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou
    Trust me, you won't.

I bet in 10 years, Message Boards will be virtual towns where you create a character, design the exterior and interior of a house, and then decide where it goes. Just choose a free spot in a town, and there you go. New house.Here is EoFF town: In the middle of town is the IRC Reality Chat Room, where the topic varies. ..
    So basically, in 10 years, EoFF will be an MMORPG.
    I saw a forum like that at the company I used to work. We did a lot of research and VR in 3D for Web site forums was one of them. It will probably never see the light of day though. The top brass was too conservative! I don't even know why they had us crazy geeks.. They ended up doing massive layoffs

Here it is a bit about the SW we used. VR creator rocked! But CA bought Platinum and discontinued it...
    http://www.vrmlsite.com/sep97/a.cgi/worldinfo.html

If anyone wants to play with VRML, this allows you to create words in 3D. I never used it , I used VR Creator

http://www.karmanaut.com/cosmo/player/#other
    Last edited by Renmiri; 01-22-2006 at 01:53 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri
    I saw a forum like that at the company I used to work. We did a lot of research and VR in 3D for Web site forums was one of them. It will probably never see the light of day though. The top brass was too conservative! I don't even know why they had us crazy geeks.. They ended up doing massive layoffs

Here it is a bit about the SW we used. VR creator rocked! But CA bought Platinum and discontinued it...
    http://www.vrmlsite.com/sep97/a.cgi/worldinfo.html
    It's simple what you need to do. Buy CA and RE-continue it!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I enjoyed it more in the old days, but that was because I was more active and in the right demographic back then. I'll probably never go back to that level of activity, but this board is still takes a good chunk of my internet time and I am happy to be a part of the team who keeps it running smoothly. In 10 years I probably won't be active much at all, but I'll still be visiting. I'm not the type of person who walks away from things so easily.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    BoB just says that to hide how much he relies on me for the random EoFF info he needs on a fairly regular basis. For what, I have no idea. Probably blackmail.

Blog Entries

BoB just says that to hide how much he relies on me for the random EoFF info he needs on a fairly regular basis. For what, I have no idea. Probably blackmail.
    Raistlin, the cigarret fire is going right off the cigarret. Remove the top block.

Just another reason why RAISTLIN SUCKS! (SPOILER)Not really. In fact, he's a pretty cool guy. At least I think so.

Edit: Actually, just move the top block one square to the left.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Bladen
    Back then I was still learning the internet and still sane.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..