Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: niks FF8 Low level, no stat junction, no in battle magic or summoning, challenge.

I don't know any formula for damage, but I know that Quistis' Blue Magics are more effective if she has a higher Crisis Level. Damage-dealing attacks will be more powerful, Bad Breath will cause more statuses, etc.

Can't you not get Odin therefore

Spoiler: Seifer doesn't kill him, so you don't get Gilgamesh either?

And, what about Tonberry? Or are you going to bother to get that summon? (For the shop abilities mostly.)
    I think Gilgamesh actually might be a big help. I decided to get Odin anyway. I'll just be certain to always keep Enc-None on.
    As for Tonberry, I am definetly going to try to get him. I've currently killed 7 or so Tonberries and I'm working on the rest. With no junctions and such low levels it takes a long time to kill a tonberry.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd imagine so, without any gravity magic ...

How are you killing most things?! Limit Break spamming?

Quote Originally Posted by Lookout Zeromus_X
    I'd imagine so, without any gravity magic ...

How are you killing most things?! Limit Break spamming?
    Well, to tell you the truth I'm not killing anything other than bosses. Except for Cactuars and tonberries that is.

I seldom use gravity magic against Tonberries in normal games anyway, though. Limit break spamming is the way to go with the tonberries. it makes things go quicker. Right now I'm hitting them hard with renzokuken and selphies slot, while Irvine uses Defend and has cover equipped (so when they get close they cant hurt me.) After I deal a decent amount of damage I start to use the card command and I turn the tonberries into cards. It seems to be quicker than killing them outright.

I have enabled stat bonus abilities such as str. +20% etc. for battles with tonberries and cactuars because it's just taking too damn long otherwise.

Wow, I finished reading the post, YOU ARE MY HERO!, you can do it, you got yourself another fan , also, no gravity magic, WAY TO GO, I need to try it too

Quote Originally Posted by shadowcrono
    Wow, I finished reading the post, YOU ARE MY HERO!, you can do it, you got yourself another fan , also, no gravity magic, WAY TO GO, I need to try it too

Update.

Holy [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img]. Cerberus looks impossible. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to beat him. He did three tornados in a row (one tornado wiped out squall and selphie in one hit) If anyone has any strategys they will be warmly welcomed.

I also got tonberry king. Unfortunately, it wasnt until after I carded thirty tonberries that I realized that you actually have to kill them to get him to show up. That kinda blew.

Wow, you're talking about Cerberus, the one who can cast Triple without trouble, and the only way I know is use Dispel, but for the meanings of the challenge, umm, kinda difficult, if you can use limits, then use Selphie's (only if you can) or the ever confiable Renzokuken and you could also use the Draw command (thing I don't recommend, if you want this to be a real challenge )

Thanks for your advice, shadowcrono. However, it came a few minutes too soon. Cerberus is actually one of the easiest bosses in this challenge. (and no, I cannot cast dispel)

I stumbled upon one of the best strategies I've ever seen. I call it the Auto-Reflect/Dispel strategy. I had Auto-Reflect equipped on Zell and things were looking grim. Both squall and selphie were dead and cerberus had already casted triple on himself. Cerberus then used thundaga and it reflected off of Zell. Cerberus absorbed the attack, of course, but what happened was that Cerberus realized Zell had reflect, and so he became determined to get rid of it. The thing is, Auto-Reflect does not disapear when dispel is used. So cerberus begins using Dispel over and over again while I had Zell use phoenix downs. From here on out, the vast majority of Cerberus' attacks was dispel. He also used Silence a bunch, but not as much as dispel. He occasionally use his tail whip attack, but that wasnt enough to kill one party member. So I had Selphie use full-cure and squall used Darkside (500 damage. Cerberus has low vitality, apparently) until Squall had low HP. Then I pummeled him with Renzokuken while selphie did whatever she could. I had Zell use defend so that he couldn't be hurt by Cerberus' tail whip attack, which ensured that cerberus would always want to cast dispel, even if everyone else died. With this strategy Cerberus was dead in a matter of minutes.

Now I just have to battle Seifer and Edea and then I'm finished with disk 2. I also am beginning to wonder if this newfound Auto-Reflect strategy will work against other enemies. Edea is known to cast dispel, so perhaps she will occupy her time with Dispel magic.

Well done, yup, Cerberus has low vitality, but be aware of Edea, I used the Auto-Reflect strategy on her, and then two things can happen, she starts use a lot of dispels, or she starts use Maelstrom like there is no tomorrow, I don't remember if last one was reflected (two years from last time I played the game ). The both are just perfect strategy to battle her, but Maelstrom will let you at low level for a physical attack. Anyway, you can give it a try, because the auto-reflect strategy is one of the best versus magical enemies

I completed disk 2 at exactly 12:00 am.

The Auto-Reflect strategy is a no go against Edea. She justs casts reflect on herself. She wasn't too hard, though. I beat her on my second try. Maelstrom is a bitch, becuase it casts curse, which means not only am I at low HP, but I cant use limit breaks either. I managed though, and now I should probably go to bed.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    *tries to predict the hardest boss for every disc (not including Ultima and Omega)*

Disc1: Brothers. There's hardly any really tough bosses on disc1 but I think the Brothers will be far from easy.

Disc2: Cerberus. For some reason, I've just got a feeling that Cerberus will cause some serious trouble.

Disc3: That Prototype-"something" that you fight right before the final battle with Seifer inside the Lunatic Pandora. Adel might be tougher, tough... but my bet's still on that Prototype-thingy.

Disc4: Ultimecia. It's pretty obivious.
    brothers and ceberus are optional bosses so they wont be much trouble .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

They weren't much trouble at all. I challenged both of them and won quite easily.

Blog Entries

DOH! My predictions have all been wrong so far! >_<

..even though my prediction SEEMED to be right about Cerberus until you found out about that Auto-Reflect strat.

Anyways... good job and nice to see some serious updates. Keep it up!

ps: See? It's not all about Limmibreaks (having the cerberus battle in mind).

Well, my prediction about Maelstrom was true , good luck in Disc 3