Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: niks FF8 Low level, no stat junction, no in battle magic or summoning, challenge.

I'm in Esthar right now, chasing Lunatic Pandora. I can't imagine that there could be any difficult enemies in disk 3.

No, in reality 3rd disc is the easiest one

As always, the challenge threads are the most interesting parts of the gaming forums. I remember reading this before and about to suggest you enable commands when my computer froze. In any case, I'm posting now. Good luck with the rest of this one.

I'm tempted to do an FFT Auto-Battle challenge, but I remember how boring Auto-Battling is and how I have other things to do with life at the moment.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Green Lighter
    I'm in Esthar right now, chasing Lunatic Pandora. I can't imagine that there could be any difficult enemies in disk 3.
    It seems like my predictions are bound to be wrong, but I still belive that Fujin and Raijin (inside Lunatic Pandora), that Prototype8-thingy and Adel all can be pretty tough to take down.

I picked up the challenge again and I've just beaten Jumbo Cactuar. I didn't have the Lionheart and I couldn't summon leviathan or use water magic, nor could I cast Meltdown. I was afraid that he was going to run away because I couldn't do enough damage. Luckily he went down on my first try with relative ease.

Now I am going to try to get Bahamut and Eden, but I need the Lionheart. Does anyone know where I can get energy crystals without leveling up? (Can I card the Elnoyle in Esthar?) I don't really want to play cards to get these, but I will if I have to. Also, where can I get dragon fangs? I fought a few blue dragons, but they didn't drop any and now I'm worried that blue dragons might not drop dragon fangs at low levels like this.

Edit: I can't remember if you can steal dragon fangs or not. Can you?
    Last edited by nik0tine; 03-11-2006 at 11:06 PM.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think Grendels drop them, but I'm not sure what level. Well, I'm not sure if they do at all...It's been ahwile

I'm pretty sure they don't. Grendels drop dragon skin, though, I think.

Unfortunately, the only way to get any item that refines into Pulse Ammo without playing cards is by being over Lv30. Behemoths and Elnoyles drop Energy Crystals at those levels. Elnoyles are immune to Lv Up.

You can get Dragon Fangs from Blue Dragons, Grendels, Hexadragons, and SAM08Gs as low-level drops/rare drops, but you can't steal them.

Blog Entries

Well... I see no reason why shouldn't be able to card the Elnoyle in esthar. Also... I'm not sure, but... don't you get Energy Crystals when you steal from Elnoyle's?

Dragon Fangs are trickier as I don't think there are any cards that can be refined into those. I guess you should try stealing from Blue Dragons, though. But I don't remember whenever you get Dragon Fangs or just Fury Fragments.

Oh and are you SURE that you will need Lionheart? I mean... why shouldn't it be possible without it?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, can't Duel be used instead? You could Armageddon Fist things...Well, without Meltdown it'd do less, but still.

(I had the Brady guide for this game too, but I don't know where it is now )

Unfortunately, the only way to get any item that refines into Pulse Ammo without playing cards is by being over Lv30. Behemoths and Elnoyles drop Energy Crystals at those levels. Elnoyles are immune to Lv Up.
    The Elnoyle has to be at level 30?
    Dragon Fangs are trickier as I don't think there are any cards that can be refined into those. I guess you should try stealing from Blue Dragons, though. But I don't remember whenever you get Dragon Fangs or just Fury Fragments.
    I've already tried. Stealing only nets you fury fragments.

I guess I could use duel, but the thing is, why not use duel and renzokuken? Irvines shot is almost as affective as Renzokuken as well.

I'm planning things out in my head now for the battle with Bahamut. As far as I can tell I absolutely NEED Irvine for that battle. Without dark shot I won't be able to blind Bahamut, and without blind I'll be in a world of hurt. The big problem with Bahamut is his Mega Flare attack, though. Does that count as a physical attack? If not, Defend won't work and it might be able to wipe me out in one hit. I don't know how much damage it will do, though. His tornado attack will also be a huge problem for me. He is the only enemy I've fought thus far that has two attacks that hit all of my party members at one time, and it hits them all hard. I may be able to remedy this, however, by equipping everyone with auto potion and stocking up on high potions.

Blog Entries

Isn't Squall's second best weapon enough? I mean... sure, it's nothing compared to Lionheart... but it should still be good enough.

Also, just in case you didn't know this already, Quistis's "Acid" limmit break causes the Meltdown effect... so that might be useful.

I'm pretty sure that Mega Flare is magic-based.

The problem with Quistis' acid is that it's her only useful attack. Once I use acid she'll only be useful for absorbing damage.

I have to beat Bahamut before he uses Mega Flare. I just fought him and mega flare does 3,000+ damage to all of my characters. The highest amount of HP any of my characters has right now is around 800. I'm really at a loss here. I don't know how to beat him. If I have someone defending it will at least reduce the damage, but thats still a good 1500+ damage and none of my characters can take that.

I just realized that perhaps I could substitute Irvine for Quistis. I could have her use bad breath first, and acid second. I could have her in the middle and give her defend and cover, plus the recover and revive abilities. With her in the middle and defending I may not even need to use blind, since his physical attacks won't do any damage. The problem of Mega flare still remains, however.

I don't know if I should use Rinoa's Angel Wing or if I should use Angelo. The only magic that Rinoa has is meteor, and since the computer is casting the magic for me it's legit. However, Invincible Moon has been known to save my ass countless times.

If anybody could contribute strategies I'd appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    The Elnoyle has to be at level 30?
    Yes, at least.

Mega Flare is magic based, but it ignores SPR. It can be reduced with Shell and Defend.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wait, Mega-Flare cannot be reflected in this game? Just for clarification.