Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: niks FF8 Low level, no stat junction, no in battle magic or summoning, challenge.

Yeah, that much I do know.

Edit: I beat Bahamut. I gave Rinoa Auto-Reflect and Auto Haste used an Aura stone and put her in Angel Wing status. Quistis Blinded Bahamut and Squall used Renzokuken. It didn't matter though because Rinoa was doing 3,000+ damage per turn and she got her turns very quickly. Bahamut was dead long before he could ever use Mega Flare. Now I'm going to face off with Ultima Weapon. Wish me luck.
    Last edited by nik0tine; 03-12-2006 at 03:56 AM.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh god. I had a hard time with that thing all Junctioned and what-not..

Well...godspeed!! (Would you say this would be the most difficult battle of your challenge so far?)

No, not even close. Nothing has yet to compare with the oilboils. I didn't last five minutes against those things. In all reality I just beat them due to sheer luck. The battle with the oilboils was probably harder than any battle in the FFIX challenge.

Edit: nahh, actually I think it warrants an update.
    Last edited by nik0tine; 03-12-2006 at 10:25 AM.

Okay, what the hell is it that renders enc-none useless in the deep sea research facility? I've played this game countless times, but onky the last two games I've played has enc none not worked down there. Why doesn't it work? What do I have to do to get it to work? I just spent an hour trying to get to ultima weapon, and when I was a good inch away from the screen leading up to Ultima I encountered two Iron giants and died. Needless to say, I'm really smurfing irritated. I just want to know why Enc none doesn't work down there, since for the past 6 or 7 years of my life it always has. Something has to trigger it and I'd like to know what.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine
    The problem with Quistis' acid is that it's her only useful attack. Once I use acid she'll only be useful for absorbing damage.
    20 Behemoth Cards= Barrier= Mighty Guard= Kick Ass

I'm sure White Wind could be pretty useful as well.

Anyways... so it's finally time for Ultima Weapon?

Well, nope. Enc-None does not work in this place. I even think there's a set amount of battles on the way down, but I'm not sure. Anyways... with the Level Down ability of the Tonberry GF, I guess you could prevent getting any serious amounts of EXP in these battles as well as prevent getting KOed all the time... but yeah, I'm not sure if it will work on everything you'll face on your way down or even if the amount of EXP will be low enough.

Enc-None does remove the random encounters from the DSRC, but does not remove the fixed battles. The only way to remove these fixed battles is to defeat Ultima Weapon. Most people choose not to defeat Ultima as you can use the fixed battles to gain large amounts of Curse Spikes (Dark Matter, Rosetta Stone, Shaman Stone, Luck-J Scroll, Luck Up) and Barriers (Aegis Amulet).

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I got pissed off about that too. What triggers the battles, those glowing crystals?

Enc-None does remove the random encounters from the DSRC, but does not remove the fixed battles. The only way to remove these fixed battles is to defeat Ultima Weapon. Most people choose not to defeat Ultima as you can use the fixed battles to gain large amounts of Curse Spikes (Dark Matter, Rosetta Stone, Shaman Stone, Luck-J Scroll, Luck Up) and Barriers (Aegis Amulet).
    Fixed battles? What fixed battles are you talking about? The battles I'm fighting seem quite random. (Plus I've never had to deal with an 'fixed' battles before)

Do you notice that the battles occur in almost the same place every time you run through the screen? That's because they're 'fixed'.
    Last edited by TheSpoonyBard; 03-12-2006 at 10:31 PM.

How come they never happened before when I played? There has to be something that triggers these battles becuase I've done this countless times and I've never had to deal with them.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

When i ventured down there, i fought a battle every other step i took! Quite irritating really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

It is irritating. However, I've managed to make it down there, and Ultima weapon is no pushover. I was under the impression that if I was at a low level Ultima would not have a Quack attack but that is obviously not the case. I'm not exactly certain how to beat it yet. If I don't have shell equipped Quake kills everyone instantly. If I am not at full HP Quake kills everyone instantly. I haven't even seen what it's meteor can do, yet. I haven't lasted that long. I do have a few Heros that I may be able to use, though.

The only battle plan I have as of right now is to have Squall and Quistis heal nonstop (after mighty guard is cast) while I put Rinoa in aura status with a holy stone and then use angel wing. I don't know how to stay alive long enough to survive, though.

Strategies are welcome.

I know it's cheap, but you could go with Holy War (refine Gilgamesh card) and Aura Stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless Twilight
    I know it's cheap, but you could go with Holy War (refine Gilgamesh card) and Aura Stones.
    Well, I figure Ultima is beatable without holy wars, and I might need them for Omega. I'm trying to save all of my resources for Omega weapon.

Ladies, Gentlemen, this is an update!

nik has done it again! I just freaking pwned Ultima Weapon. He wasn't really that difficult once you get the strategy right. I didn't have to use a single hero. Basically what I did is this: Everyone was equipped with initiative, so I get the first three turns. Squall immediately uses an Aura stone on Rinoa. Next up is Quistis, who is has low health. She uses Mighty gaurd. The important spells that it casts for this battle are haste, float, and shell. Float renders Ultimas Quake spell useless, and that is by far his nastiest move. Shell pretty much ensures that his meteor attack won't wipe me out.
    Now it's Rinoas turn, and she is in Aura status with Full health. She uses Angel wing. Now it's Ultimas turn. He can either waste his turn with Quake (which he wont do) or he can use Gravijaa, in which case I am in trouble because I must heal immediately. He can also use light pillar, which is a bitch if he uses it on Rinoa (he didnt) or he can waste his turn using it on Quistis or squall. I just revive them. I believe he hit me with his sword, though, and that didn't do anything. It's Squalls turn again and I had him use renzokuken because mighty gaurd put him in aura status. Squall later draws Eden when aura runs out. As soon as quistis gets a turn she uses acid. This brings the damage from rinoas meteors from slightly less than 500 per meteor to slightly over 900 damage per meteor. At this point all I had to do was keep myself alive. It probably would have been smart to use a hero on Rinoa, but I didn't think of it at the time. Rinoa just pounded him while I struggled to keep everyone alive and healthy, and in a few short minutes Ultima Weapon was dead.