Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xenosaga Challange

Blog Entries

Heh, thanks.

Anyways... I'm now in the Song of Nephelin... and I've got some major trouble with the first boss in here. I can't freaking do any serious dammage to that thing! I'm currently at level 22-23 and my characters has no upgraded Tech Attacks, no boosted stats and no powerful AGW's. The first boss in the Song of Nephelin got a crazy defense, more than 5000 HP and the, from now on, officially most annoying move in the entire game... Soul Drain (it drains HP). Most of my attacks will do 0 dammage, and only a few can do more than 100 dammage. It takes a great deal of effort to get 350 dammage down from that thing. Sadly, this annoying boss will recover just about that amount of HP in a singel turn, while at the same time doing the same painful amount of dammage to one party member.

On top of that, I actually DID manage to get its HP down to 300 (I used Analyze to check its HP) after about 1 hour of fighting. And what happens? That little ******************* uses Sould Drain 3 times in a row, restoring a total amount of about 1000HP! WTF!? AAAARGH! Then I got finished off.

Edit: Ah, nevermind. It actually only got crazy ether defense. The fact that it's flying means that you only can use ranged attacks... and since most of the ranged attacks in this game are ether attacks, it's hard to dammage with a party like mine. However... just about all Rubedo's moves are both "physical" and ranged. So... I just had to use Rubedo in my party in order to own this boss. Hah!
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 02-01-2006 at 05:23 PM.

Blog Entries

I defeated Siemon (Albedo's AGWS) on my second try and the blue-masked guy on my first. I'm now very close to the end of this challange, and I'm currently at level 26-27.

Siemon was actually pretty tough. Its HP took some serious time to get rid of, and all its moves could kill a non-defending character in 2-3 hits... which become a bit of a pain when it boosted and used moves that hit all the characters. Mr. Blue-masked guy's first form was suprisingly easy and I had no trouble with it at all. It's second form was a bit more difficult, but nothing all that bad.

The final boss will probably be a hard nut to crack, though. "Black Omen" can do some major dammage to leveled characters on a normal play-trough. In this case, you'll probably need to defend in order to stand a chanse to survive it at all.

well.... i'm now the worst xenosaga player ever.....

took me 8 trys with leveled people to beat the blue-masked guy.....
    I LIVE!!!!! AGAIN!

Blog Entries

I've heard of double-posting, but this is ridiculous!

However, you are quite the Xenosaga player.

Wow....I now worship you. I just finished the Pleroma escape. I jes delivered Cherenkov the food, and am on my way to check the catapult. I have an average level of 10, and Margulis gave me much trouble. Well, good luck with Albedo and Sophie Peithos. Jes remember that over in the midwest, you have a cheerleader. GO SH-ERL! GO SH-ERL!
    Last edited by Acid Raine; 03-12-2006 at 06:57 AM.
    PH33R teh Rainbow.

Taste the Rainbow

Dude, good luck with the final boss. Can't wait to hear your success.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Raine
    Wow....I now worship you. I just finished the Pleroma escape. I jes delivered Cherenkov the food, and am on my way to check the catapult. I have an average level of 10, and Margulis gave me much trouble. Well, good luck with Albedo and Sophie Peithos. Jes remember that over in the midwest, you have a cheerleader. GO SHA-DOW! GO SHA-DOW! (if I may call you that...)
    Ah, nice to hear that someone else is doing this challange as well.

Anyways... I didn't get any time to play the last 2 days, but today I finally did.

To begin with, I just realized that I've done a grave misstake in the begining of the game. I forgot to reply to that e-mail that you needed to reply to in order to get the F-Scythe. Sub-Weapons are normaly pretty useless compared to tech attacks and even the powerful F-Scythe is overshadowed by X-Buster. However... I'm sure the F-Scythe could have been of some help in this challange, considering you can't upgrade tech attacks, thus giving it a power advantage over the X-Buster. Oh well... you can only use it once a battle anyways, so I guess I can live without it.

Now... for the actual challange... I'm at level 27 with my main party, which is KOS-MOS, Chaos and Shion/Rubedo. I've still not reached the final boss, however. And that's all because of a boss that I had completely fogotten about. The robot boss Proto Dora, which is the first boss you fight in Proto Merkabah... is hands down by far the hardest and most annoying boss so far in this challange. And it's all because of that annoying attack "Steel Press" which does about 75% of my characters max HP in dammage with a non-critical hit... and it uses that move often! On top of that, it can heal more than 2000 HP while I can do 350 dammage at most with tech attacks (critical strikes). Yeah... it's no pushover.

Ouch, good luck on this. I may try this or a similar challenge sometime...

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

Blog Entries

Whoooooooohooooooooooooo!!! I finally defeated Proto Dora! Seriously... that thing was twice as hard as any of the other bosses I've fought so far in this challange. Tomorrow... I'll be fighting Albedo and that freaky Sophie Peithos... and they will probably be twice as tough as Proto Dora!

Current level: 29

Blog Entries

Unexpectedly, "the elevator" was a pretty hard and extremely annoying part. The few unavoidable battles that you can't escape from are like boss fights... and on top of that, I had to let my main-party characters die before finishing the battles in order to prevent anyone from getting above level 30. That's what made it so frustrating.

Anyways... I've finally got to the very end of this challange... and I've fought the final boss once so far. Everyone in my main party is at exactly level 30. Ziggy and MOMO are level 28 and 29.

Albedo is actually pretty easy. Or... atleast he was that one first time I fought him. Now, Sophie Peithos is a different story. At first, it seemed extremely easy. Even easier than Albedo! Then, Sophie Peithos summoned those self-destruct freaks... but the battle was still easy! But THEN, Sophie Peithos summoned those 2 insect-like gnosis servants... and the battle suddenly become really hard! 300 dammage + Ether Atk Down against all the characters hurts. I hardly got any time to attack because i was too busy healing all the time. After a while, I managed to kill 1 of those 2 freaky bugs, though. And what happens? Black Omen! Schram! Bam! Crash! Game Over!

Black Omen is an instant-game over attack as long as your party isn't fully healed and defending. Since you never get warned (there's no charge up turn or anything), you'll probably need to have atleast 1 character fully healed and defending whenever Sophie Peithos gets a turn during the later part of the battle. Ouch.

I would say you're screwed... but you never seem to be in this type of challenge.

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

I have to admit, I'm really impressed. Just based on how you've been able to beat the other bosses, I'm sure Sophie Peithos will go down eventually too. And to think, your only at level 30. I'm normally at 40 before I fight that thing. Anyway, good luck to you.

Blog Entries

Aaargh! I've still only fought the final boss once as I've not got the time to play Xenosaga the past 3 days. Tomorrow, I'll finally make a new attempt, though.

Fluttershy Recognized Member Ashi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

This is very impressive. Good luck with future attempts!