Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Xenosaga Challange

Blog Entries

Default Xenosaga Challange

Yes, after many months of being busy with shool, SSBM (because of the SSBM tourney) and other video games like the Lunar series and Dot Hack etc... I've finally decided to come up with yet another challange. This time, however, it's not a FF challange but a Xenosaga challange!

These are the rules:
    1) Never use any tech points or skill points.
    2) Never upgrade your AGW's.
    3) Never equip armors and accessories.
    4) No power-leveling. You're allowed to fight normal enemies, but by the end of the game your level shouldn't be higher than max level 30. I'll personally try to keep my level as low as possible.

I started just a little while ago, so I haven't got that far yet. I'll update later, once something intressting has happened.

Edit: Just completed the "rescue MOMO mission" with Ziggy. The Cyclop was a pushover. The second Gnosis boss (don't remember its name) also went down on my first try without any trouble. So far, it has been very easy overall. The only tough battle was against Margulis, but I still managed to beat him on my first try. I can guarantee that it will be tougher later on, though.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 01-23-2006 at 12:11 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Update1

I've just toasted the "Mother Ship" boss inside the Elsa. It was tougher than usual, but still nothing I had any trouble with. The only thing to worry about was that "Tremor" attack, which you can avoided by simply not letting the boss attack on its "Tremor-slot". Right now, I actually wish that there where more play-time and less cut-scenes in Xenosaga.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

perhaps itd be wise to not double post.

Good work, I love a good challenge

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

This challenge of yours is doable to a point. I predict you will break down inside the city against the boss that splits into two of himself. That will be your end with no upgraded skills,ether,techs and low levels. You will be obliterated by that boss. Mark my words.

Well, good luck!

Thanks Jess1 for the awesome sig!!!
    Heh, heh, heh
    Join my latest RP, Magi of Greece, http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=77394

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    You will be obliterated by that boss. Mark my words.
    That's what they said to me about Edward. Go go Ultima Shadow!
    There is no signature here. Move along.

This challenge of yours is doable to a point. I predict you will break down inside the city against the boss that splits into two of himself. That will be your end with no upgraded skills,ether,techs and low levels. You will be obliterated by that boss. Mark my words.
    That is too true. That boss puts up a decent enough fight as it is with all of the advantages of a normal game. And if not that, the second boss in the Song of Nephilim will definitely decimate anyone who tries this challenge.

Blog Entries

Well, I'm personally more worried about Timat.

Also, you're not able to use any Tech Points or Skill points, but you ARE allowed to use the Ether points. It would simply be too boring if you couldn't get all the cool magic attacks. But Ether points doesn't do any stat-differences and most magic attacks are pretty much useless anyways. Both Tech points and Skill points makes characters far stronger than Ether points, so the dissadvantage is still big.

Anyways... I've finally got to the first really tough battle, Gargoyle inside the Cathedral Ship! My AGW's are pretty much useless at this point since they never have been upgraded and my current average party level is 12-13. The normal enemy-encounters are also a bit harder than before. It's finally getting a bit intressting.

Blog Entries

Ok, I beat the Gargoyle on my 3th try, but I had to waste an insane amount of items and I was very close to being beaten a few times.

After that part, there's just a great load of cutscenes and stuff, so I have not got into any battles at all since then. I'm currently at the hotel in second militia.

Blog Entries

Default XCU-Xenosaga Challange Update

Okay... so, my current level is 17-18 and I beat Tiamat... and he was actually a lot easier than I had expected. I actually managed to beat him on my first try. I remembered him/her/it as a pretty powerful boss, but for some reason I didn't have any serious trouble with Tiamat at all. It was an insanely long battle, though. It took me about 40 min. I had to cast "Analyze" every now and then to keep track on Tiamats HP.

Also, while on the Durandhal before I got to the dream/illusion world thingy where you fight Tiamat, I tried fighting Great Joe. And I got my ass toasted, because most of his attacks where 1-hit kills because of my low defense. I'll probably have to wait a little while before taking on that guy again.

And on a final note, normal enemy encounters are now officially getting pretty tough.

Good luck. If I am not mistaken you should be approaching the point where I said you would fail

Blog Entries

Ah... I didn't get any time to play yesterday, but now I'm finally there.

And yes, that boss is by far the toughest battle I've encountered so far. I'm currently at level 18-19 (except Chaos who just went to level 20). I've only fought the boss once so far... and in the begining it didn't seem too bad, actually... but then, they started to use those ice storm and instant-KO attacks, and I went down pretty fast. I managed to kill one of them, but then the other one seemed to get about twice as fast and ONLY use the most powerful moves along with a new move called "Thunderstorm" which did about 400-500 dammage on all the characters. And most of my characters have 500-600 as max HP at the moment so... yeah.

It's NOT impossible, though. And I WILL beat them the next time!

That is why I said you would lose to that boss. Because when you kill one form the other does get faster and uses more hurtful moves.

Blog Entries

Hah! I managed to beat them on my 3th try! It was pretty close, though. I discovered that "Phys Atk Down" works on them. And even though it only effects 2 of their moves (normal attack and shockwave), those 2 moves are some of their most used moves. With this advantage, I also dammaged them both about equally instead of focusing on just one of them since, when there's just one left, that one starts using its powerful ether attacks more often, which NOT are effected by "Phys Atk Down". So, after killing the first I only needed about 2 more hits to finish off the second one too.

Anyways... now it's time to enter the Song of Nephelin!

Your challenges are always insane. I enjoy reading them. You're close - good luck!