View Poll Results: Who are you cheering for in the Super Bowl?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seattle Seahawks

20 44.44%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

17 37.78%
  • Neither/Don't care

8 17.78%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl XL: Seattle vs. Pittsburgh

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

yea but Seattle has trees.

Dude, I was visiting Seattle last winter with a friend who lives there. Sure enough, that happened. I think they were some Scientology blokes. I was polite enough to resist, but my friend couldn't help but decimate their argument and their little "truth-telling machine" with basic biology and engineering knowledge.

I think Seattle is less stinky than Pittsburgh, though. Software production and coffee brewing is responsible for less pollution than steel manufacturing, or so I would think.

I'm going with the Seahawks, the sole reason being that they're pretty popular where I used to live (no, it wasn't Seattle).
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Have to go with the Steelers on this one. I have been a fan of them for as long as I can remember

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I think the Steelers are going to win. My reasoning is very similar to ed's.

Seattle is a good team with a very good offensive line. However, that offensive line has not been tested yet this year to the extent that Pittsburgh will test it. Pittsburgh is a very tough team. In fact, they rolled over Chicago, who is said to have the toughest defense in the league. Indy had a very good running game and an excellent passing game; if they couldn't work around Pittsburgh's toughness, I don't think Seattle can, either.

Seattle most closely alignes with Denver, I believe. A team with some skill and some toughness (unlike Indy, which is all skill, or Chicago, which is all toughness). Pittsburgh beat up on Denver. I expect Pittsburgh to do similar to Seattle.

Wasn't that Carolina that dominated Chicago? Both those are NFC teams while Pittsburgh is AFC. Carolina dominated them because Chicago didn't do anything about Steve Smith. Seattle subsequently dominated Carolina because they stopped Carolina's only ace - Steve Smith. (As well as the rest of their passing game.)

You make a fair point with Pittsburgh's win over the Colts, though. Seattle may squeeze out less points against the Steelers, but I think the reverse will also be true - I don't think Pittsburgh will be able to squeeze out as many points as they have been against Seattle.

Not really sure anymore though - both teams have been winning by the same means - turnovers and good defense. Steelers are probably better at that, come to think of it, since they come from the tougher AFC. (And some of those linemen are freaking huge.)

Still cheering for Seattle to win their first, though.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Wasn't that Carolina that dominated Chicago? Both those are NFC teams while Pittsburgh is AFC. Carolina dominated them because Chicago didn't do anything about Steve Smith. Seattle subsequently dominated Carolina because they stopped Carolina's only ace - Steve Smith. (As well as the rest of their passing game.)
    I meant during the regular season.

Near the end of the season, Pittsburgh played Chicago and owned them.

Seattle's defense is worse than Denver's, especially against the run. Pittsburgh had no trouble scoring against Denver <i>at Denver</i>. I don't think they'll have any trouble scoring against Seattle at Detroit.

Pittsburgh, only due to the fact that Seattle beat Steve Smith and the Panthers. I wanna see Seattle go down!!!

Jus wait for Big Ben to screw up he is over due, Pittsburg win game because of their defense, look at the game against indy, the defense won that, Pittsburgs O was nowhere to be in the second half of that game, and were the extremely lucky to get out of Indy with a win. Seattle has the best ground game in football, and 5-3 away from Seattle with one of those losses comming from a meaningless game at the end of the season. Pittsburg scores all their points in 1st half, if Seattle weathers the storm, Its gonna be a long night for Pitt, and winning 4 straight games is extremely difficult to do.

edit: don't go around the swear filter. -eestlinc

I don't EVER get excited about football, but you've got to root for your hometown (it's mine!)

Seattle, all the way. If they win, maybe they won't have such a pathetic reputation.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

To me this is a boring Super Bowl. I want Seattle to win because they've never done it before. Then again, having a 6th seed with would be pretty cool. Pitt will probably win anyway because they have the better defense and that boring crap is what wins these games.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I don't know if you have seen the score of the Steelers games lately but they score a lot.

Blog Entries

all this chicago owning makes me cry

Pittsburgh!

Which FF Character Are You?

Second Character: Tidus
    Third Character: Yuffie

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

why exactly will it be boring, Delglad?