Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Legendary Weapons?

Banned

Default Best Legendary Weapons?

I'm soon gonna unlock these Legendary Weapons, and I'd like to know what I should give priority to?
    I always thought those swords should be given priority, but do you have any other advice?

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

It's down to personal preference. They are all very useful in their own ways.

I always liked the Rune axe. It uses MP for critical hits, so every hit is a critical hit. Works great in two hands. Use the monk ability Store first and your garanteed a hit for 9999HP.

Masamune is probabley most useful. It gives instant initiative to the weilder so they always attack first in battle. If they use Haste2 as their first attack, then your other three characters will attack first too. This even works on Shinryu and enables you to attack before his initial Tidal wave attack.

Excalibur is over-rated. It's a strong weapon sure, but their are stronger ones about. It's elemental Holy attack power is sometimes annoying. It will heal a lot of enemies and bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

i hate excalibur.damn weapon.holy element is not very useful.ragnarok and brave blade are much better.but they arent legendary,so let's not talk about them.^_^

excalibur is a relatively good choice,though.by the time you get it,it's one of the best weapons you have.usable until the time you have ragnarok and a super brave blade.

though strato has a greater attack power than masamune,masamune is still good,due to its first strike ability as mentioned by shinangel.put strato and masamune together (by 2-swords) for maximum use.

wizard rod always gets into my first 3.strengthens most elements,if not all.useful for black magi,red magi and summoners,especially if you have redx2.

sage staff is also good,if you already have holy.

the two knives,sasuke and assassin,complete my first six.assassin has deathblow (can kill an enemy in one hit) but has lower attack power.sasuke can be equipped by ninjas only (if i remember correctly) but has high attack power.and i definitely use ninjas so sasuke is very useful for me.

i dont really mind the remaining six.it's a case-to-case basis.i take whatever i need.

to sum it up...

first three:excalibur,masamune,wizard rod

second three:sage staff,sasuke,assassin

the rest is up to you.
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

Blog Entries

Massamune.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Massamune.

What's so great about masamune?
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Quote Originally Posted by shinangel2292
    What's so great about masamune?
    Quote Originally Posted by shinangel2292
    Masamune is probabley most useful. It gives instant initiative to the weilder so they always attack first in battle. If they use Haste2 as their first attack, then your other three characters will attack first too. This even works on Shinryu and enables you to attack before his initial Tidal wave attack.

shinangel,didnt you explain the great thing about masamune in your previous post?
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

LMAO yeah, it's just coz instant initiative is also granted by wearing winged shoes, but they also give instant haste which can't be dispelled. Winged shoes are available before masamune too.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

th excalibur is annoying because its one of the only swords that the sorcerer cant equip. seems as my group is a knight, monk, white mage/ time mage, black mage/ summoner none of the weapons are very useful but they are sort of handy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Blog Entries

I simply choosed Massamune because it's the best legendary sword. Excalibur has more attack power, but it's holy-elemental. Non-elemental is a lot better than holy-elemental since some monsters are immune to or absorb holy-elemental dammage. Thus Massamune is, even though it has lower attack power, still better than Excalibur in overall offense. And the fact that you always gets the first strike makes it even better.

I'm barely starting the game so now I have cheats!
    Do u play rs(runescape)if u do pm me!!!

or just build up monks like crazy and they won't need weapons. i think. i don't really remember, but i think a high level barefist is better than a sword in 5

Holy Lance if you're using a Lancer

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Not sure.
    Yeah, so what, I'm a chick that plays Final Fantasy. Not my fault my dad got me hooked when I was little. Started with Final Fantasy Tactics, and now I'm on Final Fantasy X-2... And I'm only 14!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tjador
    I'm barely starting the game so now I have cheats!
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!