Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: oline games Expensive??

Thumbs up oline games Expensive??

i bought ffoline right and it turned out that i had to pay alot for every hour i was on right? i thought it was just an online regestration fee but i guess i was wrong (im so clumbsy)

bitchin in black Twisted Tinkerbell's Avatar

I hate games like that. You've paid for a game, then you have to keep paying to play it. That to me does not quite seem right.

This sexy sig is by Owen Mcwere. Thank you Owie!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Every hour? I'm pretty sure you pay per month, don't you?

I agree with Kitten. All my friends play WoW but I sure as hell ain't gonna pay for it.

Blog Entries

I don't have a computer at home so i don't know

Every Hour? Thats a bit much dont you think?

Every month i pay for FFXI, and it is somewhat justified since they keep making new innovating content(ok at least new content if not innovative at times), and keep the servers up, and keep matienence and the electricity to run it along with GM and customer service up along with alot of other things(like bandwidth and server queues...). Most MMOs i feel that are of high calibur, need a subscription fee to keep the quality of it good, once they hit a target mark, the rest is just profit and we have to face it: All companies want money.

Things like Xbox Live however which you can usually play online games for free otherwise on your computer(like Halo...and on Jp PS2 some fighting games..free online), i feel is a rip since all they are doing is just letting you connect...they arent really hosting anything at all...sorta like Starcraft or Warcraft..they dont host it your computer does they just provide a medium that does not need much matienence at all and can survive off box sales.

So no usually i dont think its a rip off as long as its near the $10-ish zone or under, but if you dont like the game then it is a rip off in a sense. Depends on the people, but you arent missing anything that would ruin your life if you dont play, however i really enjoy the story in FFXI.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Omi4000
    i bought ffoline right and it turned out that i had to pay alot for every hour i was on right? i thought it was just an online regestration fee but i guess i was wrong (im so clumbsy)
    its pay per month.....

GW and Maple Story are better.

We paid monthly, but we stopped playing and moved onto WoW, IMO, is by far more superior and fun. Maybe cheaper also.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack
    Every hour? I'm pretty sure you pay per month, don't you?

I agree with Kitten. All my friends play WoW but I sure as hell ain't gonna pay for it.
    Funny you should mention that. One of my plans is to attempt to convince Blizzard that I should be excempt from all fees due to my contribution to Blizzard's bank so far (the grand total of around sixty quid) and because given the amount of users WoW has and the monthly fee they're making at most .8 billion dollars a year, which is more that the GNP of a lot of developing countries.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

FFXIV Character

they lose quite a bit keeping up maintenance etc...

Guild wars doesnt have a monthly fee and I think they are doing quite well.

if you wanna try an online game but dont want the fees, you should check out guild wars its free once youve bought it you dont even need to pay to register. you can get up to 4 different characters, its pretty fun!

My Music Videos
    My Video Awards Site if you make any music videos please enter I'm sick of seeing the same stuff entered over and over!

I found Guild Wras boring personally. I think it was because I played FFOnline and WoW before hand. WoW will always be number 1 online game for me You can create as many characters as you see fit! I have loads and its so much fun to experiment with different classes and jobs.

Considering the content provided in online games like World of Warcraft far outstrips any offline game, and is continually added to, I'd say the fees are justified.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    I found Guild Wras boring personally. I think it was because I played FFOnline and WoW before hand. WoW will always be number 1 online game for me You can create as many characters as you see fit! I have loads and its so much fun to experiment with different classes and jobs.
    the limit is 50 with WoW.

I pay for FFXI, WoW and Mapey Story (Cash shop).

.... and its FFXI with more content the WoW.

putting up three of the games together.... it goes, FFXI, GW, then WoW.

GW's Expansion is coming out before WoW's one.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy
    Considering the content provided in online games like World of Warcraft far outstrips any offline game, and is continually added to, I'd say the fees are justified.
    Obviously you didn't notice my figure : .8 Billion a year. That's 800 million dollars. There's no way in creation that the upkeep of servers (however many their might be) and the paying to create new content on a semi-regular basis can amass that much money. Considering the massive explosion that's happened with WoW it absolutely amazes me that Blizzard won't even consider lowering the fee at all. All I can say is that the highe ups must be absolutely rolling in cash, quite literally.

As for me, I'll stick to GW.
    There is no signature here. Move along.