Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What level should I take on chaos with 4 bm?

Default What level should I take on chaos with 4 bm?

This is my first thread.

I've been playing a four Black Mage/Wiz party, and I have to say it's a lot of fun. They're definitely a bit fragile, but I've been able to get through every boss in the game in only one round, well, except for Kary.

I don't know if anyone has any experience with the party, but at what level should I try to run through the temple of fiends? Right now everyone is at leevel 28 (fighting the Eye) and have 3 charges of Nuke. I figure that I could to go in and get the masamune first, but taking down Chaos is an entirely diffferent concern. I know that he has good resistance to basically every elemental spell, and I have the vain hope that nuke will do good damge. Any advice?

I'm playing an emulator of the classic version, by the way.

hmmmm dont know....... it would be quite hard i guess save outside it and and then try then level some if you cant but i would say jsut nuke his ass non stop
    Maybe we didn't understand not just a boy and a girl.....
    its just the end of the end of the world

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Twelve castings of NUKE should do the trick. If not you can go onto Ice3, but he has a resistance to it. Be sure to FAST whoever has the Masamune equipped and get them to attack physically after their NUKE charges have run out. Of course a few more levels can't hurt.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Hmm... CHAOS is resistant to every single element... so NUKE would be your best bet... I think the Masmune would do better damage, so the one with Masmune should attack...

yeah when i played it i had my one BLM doin nuke non stop and that beat him cuz almost everyone died but him but 3 more casting nuke would murder him its just the healing from all of his heavy attacks that will be hard

Well, I did it. All my guys were around level 31, with about 350 hp each, and 4 charges of Nuke a pop. I have to say, though, that a lot of it was due to luck.

The first couple of levels are definitely the hardest, as they are for anyone. Phantom was a breeze. I used Fire 3 vs. Lich and took him down in a couple of turns... he did use Nuke, but everyone survived, even the guy without a ribbon. I actually had better luck with Kary the second time around than with the first: she kept using fire2, which did next to nothing. Kraken was similar, in that he used lit 2 and dark. Tiamat was actually the easiest: I couldn't use Brak/bane, so I actually used nuke on him, 3 shots of which were enough to take him down in a single turn, before he even made a move.

By the time I got to chaos I was completely out of potions, but everyone was at full hp. Nuke vs. him did anywhere from 100 to 400 damage on him. As you can probably imagine the issue wasn't the damage dealt to him, but my party being able to survive his attacks. It was definitely close: one guy lived with only 63 hp left. But I won, and that's all that matters.

GOOD JOB you have outdone me lvl 31 seems way too low but that just means you gots the mad skillz lol
    again good job

Yeah a huge part of it was luck, unfortunately. The last move I made vs. chaos with the 63 hp guy was just an attack with the catclaw; I thought that I was going to lose, but low and behold the 30-40 damage dealt was all I needed.

I have a screenshot, but I haven't been able to figure out how to post it.

I wold lvl up first then do it

Most of the time in Final Fantasy, all of the bosses depend on luck and knowing what spells to use...

Umm.. 99 @.@

Or... 50... Honestly, who has the time for that... Level ups take forever... I beat WarMECH and didn't level up at all...

Holy moley! I'm offline for a few days and all of a sudden I'm in some guy's sig!

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlareNUKE
    Or... 50... Honestly, who has the time for that... Level ups take forever... I beat WarMECH and didn't level up at all...
    Once you hit level 30 level-ups take the exact same amount of experience per level, baring one point. So after that each level takes the same amount. Unlike consequential FF's whereby levels became harder to get (baring FF8's 1k per level), FF1's stays flat.
    There is no signature here. Move along.