Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Respect Guidlines for Sigs (and maybe Avatars)?

Default Respect Guidlines for Sigs (and maybe Avatars)?

Quote Originally Posted by Casteal
    I think I've got most of the unfilled requests done.
    Quote Originally Posted by someone
    sept mine
    Then he gets his
    wow Both your things have bin great First the sign ature now this ta!!
    Four days later
    Hey! can someone please make a avatar to go with my signature please......
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora!
    How many avatar's do you want
    if your talking to me just one of each..... so x-2 tidus, yuna and x tidus,yuna
    Quote Originally Posted by Sora!
    I was just saying that you have asked for so many avatars in this thread (You've only had the one you have got now for a week) n you already want another one
    Obviously, Sora! was keeping tabs xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Ah, you go Sora!, playing devil's advocate. I'd have to agree. There should be rules of respect. Though it's a bigger problem in Sig Service. Avatars usually involve merely cropping something. But signatures take some time and skill. And people change their minds so fast. Kinda rude and disrespectful in my opinion. Someone is kind enough to take the time to make you something, and you actually liked it, you should tote it around for a while :D
    Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    That how I felt when XXXXXXXXXXXX asked me for a Cowboy Bebop set and 2 days later, he got Zeldy to make him one and claimed he gets bored after 2 days! I was pissed and still annoyed cause I put effort and time into that set and he just threw it aside and put in for another request.

And as far as I know, he still has Zeldys sig. And to top it off, he asked me to make him an anime banner for his site. I said I could try, but I had Uni work to do. He said no problem, then he said not to bother cause he had learnt to make banners. And to my shock and horror, I seen that Zeldy had made one for him instead. So not only is he disrespectful, hes a liar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    He probably realized you had a boyfriend or something and decided to show off the works of a girl he thought he had a chance with? :P

On a more serious note, I wonder if staff ever made notice of this kinda stuff. It seems to go on a lot, and I'm honestly surprised it hasn't become an issue yet. I doubt there could be a rule made. But certainly an aside, just noting that people should be respectful and gracious.
    So uh... is it possible to enforce some kinda guideline? I know people are gonna want to be finnicky by nature. But I'm sure the people putting time and effort would like to know that before putting in that time and effort. "Can someone make me this sig? Though I'll only be keeping it for a few days. Thanks!" That's real grateful :/ The issue should at least be open for debate, in my humble opinion.

[leeza]I have editted out names because I do not think it's very cool to be nameing names. ~ Leeza[/leeza]

Blog Entries

The idea is that you don't make sigs for people that you find do not appreciate them. :hooters:

I don't think that the moderating team should moderate a signature-making service that the members themselves implemented. So you yourself and others who agree with you can each deny someone's request if you feel that they are mistreating the service, but that should be as far as it goes.

Unless you make a signature-makers' guildunion. :|

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Guidelines for this are not needed. It's up the person making the sig/av as to whether or not they wish to make anything for the person making the request. There is no one forcing anyone to do anything. If you think that someone is abusing the services by asking too many times too often, then don't make their sig or av. Simple as that.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think there needs to be one guideline: do NOT PM requests. One week I got about 6 requests PMed to me, and it drove me nuts and it made me very upset, as anyone who reads my LJ can attest to.

You're not forced to be requests, yes, but if you're a person like me, you feel awful if you say no, and some people are awfully snippy if you don't get their banner to them fast enough. And there are some people who PMs you once and you're happy to do their sig, but then every day they have a NEW request. So sig requests should probably be only allowed in sig threads, in my opinion.

FFking! and FFK_reborn Shadowdeathrose's Avatar

Im on more than 10 forums ........how do u no which 1 i use my signatures or avatars on........the devil may cry 1 i asked for ages ago i still have!! on a devil may cry forum
    Yes i do thank the person that made my sig all them months ago...just let me know who you are Luv ya x x

The Original FFK and FFK_Reborn is back

I agree with Rye. I had 1 member PM me, demanding me to make a cig (his spelling) for him. I PMed back asking for details, then I discovered he posted something about my opinion and it was snipped and from the note left in his post, it didnt sound plesant, so I PMed him and refused his request. But like Rye said, people shouldnt PM others for sets, they should use the thread that was created for them.

This has happened to me like i've been asked to do sigs in pm's by the same person more than once.
    I've gotten so many but I'm not the kind of person that can say "no" so easily.
    I wish I could though

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

No one's forcing anyone to do anything.

Blog Entries

So what you guys are saying is that all of you have weak wills and haven't learned that it's okay to say no to holes?

well if you feel that way why don't you tell ppl the sort of software to buy/download etc...... some good techniques that way you can get more "time to your self" and the ppl who need signatures...... etc get what they want exactlly to the specification cuase they've done it........"anyways scrap the avy just got gimp!"
    Yes i do thank the person that made my sig all them months ago...just let me know who you are Luv ya x x

I only made the one and I thought if people see this set Ive made for this person, it may impress them and ask themselves. We are just being polite and doing the requests, doesnt mean we have weak wills.

Blog Entries

That's why I started making my own. I would get a new idea or somehting and didn't wanna keep asking everyone.

You don't have to be polite all of the time if your polite all the time ur gona go crazy........it's not natural ppl have to say no sometime

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Genius Lynx
    So what you guys are saying is that all of you have weak wills and haven't learned that it's okay to say no to holes?
    Yup, pretty much. I prefer to have people like me than dislike me. That's just me I suppose, I'm not really one to say no. And even if the people understand, I feel guilty for not helping people. I break my back for people, that's just my nature.

And also, you feel upset if you say no because they take special notice in your work and pick you out of everyone. It's like slapping someone in the face after they compliment you.

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    I only made the one and I thought if people see this set Ive made for this person, it may impress them and ask themselves. We are just being polite and doing the requests, doesnt mean we have weak wills.
    Me too its just that for me it makes me feel bad when these people I suppose I know put a sad smiley and ask me for a new sig..Like come on it doesnt mean I have a weak will.

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....