Thread: Fellow rpg gamers I need your expertise

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

You haven't played Chrono Cross!!!!1111!1
    You haven't played XenoGears!!!!1111!
    Burn him at the stake!

But seriously, I can tell you don't lke old school games
    so don't get Dragon [strike]Warrior[/strike] Quest.

[strike]Dragon Quest[/strike]
    XenoGears
    Chrono Cross
    Star Ocean

Get XenoGears.Get Chrono Cross.Get Both =].
    placeholder_text.jpeg

I highly suggest you play the Dragon Quest series. . . ALL OF IT! I'm having a GREAT time with Dragon Quest VIII right now.

Another great game I'm playing is Grandia III. It's really a great game and the battle system is really fun.

If you want something somewhat different, play Tales of Legendia. I've been sucked into that game and I can't stop playing!

Danny
    FULL Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime website!
    The FULL Rocket Slime website is now up and running! Click Here to check it out!

Click this banner for the Official Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime Website to get a free Rocket Slime game signed by the development team, DQ Keychains, or a free 1 year subscription to Nintendo Power.

Get Dragon Quest VIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer
    I have a couple of questions for all you that may be willing to help. I have played FF 7,8,9,10,10-2 and kingdom hearts. I really liked 7,8,10 and kingdom hearts wasn't bad. There are a couple of games that I have heard are good and would like to get and play but dont want to waste my time and money. I place a very high emphasis on the storyline of a game in determining weather it is good or not. I would like to ask your opinions on these games
    Dragon Quest 8
    Xenogears
    Star ocean
    Chrono Cross
    Thanks for any help guys and any other suggestions of great rpgs would be much appreciated

If you don't buy Thousand Arms for the Play Station(1) you're missing what an RPG is all about, this game is AMAZING!

Oh Oh! Don't forget Skies Of Arcadia for the Dreamcast/Gamecube..........OMFG! what a beautiful game....................man oh man!!!!
    Last edited by DeathKnight; 03-25-2006 at 12:24 PM.

Umm, here is my suggest

Rhapsody (Good Music, if you like a musical adventure, is a must have, also, the puppet system is really cool, is a good plot, you must try it)

Legend of Mana (Maybe not so great like the Seiken Densetsu 3, but is my favorite and you'll find various plots in one, also it has great grand bosses, believe me)

Chrono Cross (Great game, if you don't like a great count of characters, this is not you're game, but it has a great story, and a good plot hole, also, the great battle system gives it the upper hand )

Xenosaga (Good story, good battle system, but it is around the half made of FMV, but wow, just buy it)

Xenogears (I haven't play it, but my brother says that it is a great RPG, you could try it)

Beyond the Beyond (Good story, a great plot, and a good battle system)
    Last edited by Ramza Beoulve; 03-25-2006 at 06:30 PM.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Anything with the Tri-Ace logo on it is good :p. Tri-ace is behind the Star Ocean series and Valkyrie Profile, among others. Tri-Ace games are released through Square-Enix, by the way.
    You could also try Tales of Symphonia, if you've got a Gamecube. Don't know if the PS2 version ever got to the US.
    Xenogears is good too, and you should definitely play Chrono Trigger.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Here's one:

Final Fantasy VI.

It's often held to be the best entry in the series, and with good reason. The game is freaking incredible and takes enthralling story and addictive gameplay to another level.

I like Final Fantasy Tactics more than 6, but just barely. Seriously, if you haven't played FFT, you freaking need to. I can virtually guarantee that you'll love it.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.