Thread: What should I keep track on, in order to get a "perfect game"?

Banned

Default What should I keep track on, in order to get a "perfect game"?

I know about lots of missable items in this game, but yesterday I accidently missed the blue magic "Missile"
    and had to start over (yes, I'm such a perfectionist).
    However, do you know of any other missable stuff?
    This is what I know, and keep track on so far:

all kinds of magic (white, black, time, summons, blue, songs)
    Corna Jar
    Genji equipment

I know about these things, but I'm not entirely sure about the Ribbons.
    Do you know about them + anything else?

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

A perfect game should be one where you play from the start of the game to the end and enjoy every minute
    There is no signature here. Move along.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

OMG YOU IMBECILE!!!!!!!!! Missile can be obtained at almost any point in world one and world three. Remember the fire ship? The molotraps in their which sometimes appear after defeating a group of enemies can learn you missile (SPOILER)In world three after you defeat minotauras and omniscient, the underground ruins open and surprise!!!! Your fire ship is still there Just go back in

As for Ribbons, there are four in the game. But can only remember where three are off the top of my head. One is in a chest in the escape from karnak castle (the first chest to your left after exiting the dungeon) another is given to you by a girl behind a counter in a shop in a village (darn what was that village called again?) And another (SPOILER)is in the cleft of dimension forest area in a chest.

As for advice, (SPOILER)When searching the dungeons for lithographs 1 and 2, have the theifs "secret" ability equiped as there are some secret passages easily missed, with chests at the end. I can't remember what's in them though (hmmm not very helpful am i!)

Edit: I take it you have played through before right? *quickly adds spoilers just in case*

If you miss some Blue magic, (SPOILER)Azulmagia in the cleft of dimension can learn you almost everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Banned

Thank you, shinangel2292, but I actually lost that Fire Ship pretty recently for the Black Chocobo.
    Also, I like to learn magics as fast as possible.

Oh, and yes, I have finished this game twice.
    It rules!

lol yis, this game owns all

but like, y'know your fire ship "sank". did you not notice it when you go to the ruins underwater it's kinda just sat there. you can go back in it any time you want

early as possible eh? me too even the crappy ones i'd never use
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

The best magics are purchased i9n the mirage village.

its pretty hard to get a perfect game as getting 100% of all the treasure is really hard....
    Signature removed for exceeding the 250 pixel height limit (including text)

~Void

Quote Originally Posted by Neco Arc
    its pretty hard to get a perfect game as getting 100% of all the treasure is really hard....
    well,it is a bit hard,but if you are keen and observant and you maximize the use of your abilities (e.g. secret),it is not a really big deal.

of the summons,carbuncle is missable.im not sure about shoat and golem.
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

Quote Originally Posted by yuno
    well,it is a bit hard,but if you are keen and observant and you maximize the use of your abilities (e.g. secret),it is not a really big deal.

of the summons,carbuncle is missable.im not sure about shoat and golem.

you can miss shiva, ramuh, shoat, carbunkle, golem, odin, hydra, pheonix, bahamut and leviathan but it's not like you would

i tried getting a perfect game. The dude underwater reckons i got 98% of the treasure