Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Girls Who Play Final Fantasy

Im a girl, and I've been playing since I was about 10. I started with 8, then 7 & 9, and X. I found X2 to be the worst idea SE ever came up with. Disgrace to females. Its like they're saying, "to be cool, you have to run around like a little skank with your g-string hanging 6 inches out of your pants"! And honestly, how many preppy chics play those games anyways? They're too busy shopping or spending 3 hours to get dressed, do their hair, and make-up. I really dont know what anyone is getting at saying that all girls like X2. IMO, its stupid.

I made this same thread in the eyes on each other category it seems to draw alot of attention

"I Garland shall knock you all down!"

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I am a huge gamer!
    Yes, I am a girl, but since my screenname is spelled "Jesse" people think I'm a guy, and I sorta talk like one sometimes. I put im my sig I'm not a guy, but I don't think people take that to mean I literally am a girl.

I love FF! The storyline of FFX-2 was crap though as I've said many times.

Girls play FF when did this happen. I was not notified. XD

I wish more girls did, it would make the world a better place

I know my wife Ashley does, has she posted here?

Airship Engineer Hikaro Takayama's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Laura Beinbrech (Faerie)

I had a female friend in the Navy who was into FF and just about any other RPG/anime... Especially Sailor Moon. I know that female gamers are somewhat rare compared to their male bretheren, especially when it comes to FPS games. I, of course never underestimate anyone, regardless of gender. A good case in point was this one player on the Counter-Strike server who was Pwning everone (including me, but that's no big feat there ), and it turned out this player was a girl... She was on my team during for one of the maps, and she was using a headset to talk to the team, and I was like, DAM! she's good (had an average bodycount of about 50+ kills a map) (one of the nice features about CS).

Personally, I hate sterotypes, especially gender ones. I know that there are STILL people who insist that women can't be good soldier/sailors/marines/airmen (and unfortunately some of those are in positions of power), but I've served with quite a few dedicated female sailors in the Navy. Not to mention the classic one already mentioned here of "girls can't play video games." Says who? Is there some kind of Video game gestapo that comes around in the middle the night and takes female gamers to some kind of gulag where they are subjected to a series of brainwashing that is supposed to make them hate video games? I think not.

Similarly, I also hate the male sterotypes that all guys are 100% clueless about anything but sports, cars and beer.... not to mention the good ones, like, "Only girls and fagz like to cook" and similar viewpoints ("What?! You don't live, sleep, eat and breathe nothing but (insert sport's name here) during (insert sports's name here) season? OMFG!! Get away from me you queer!!!!!!!1111one). It's because of such BS that I was constantly called a fag (and worse) during HS and constantly picked on.... Despite the fact that I am NOT attracted to guys at all.

Anyways, enough ranting. I personally am glad to see so many female gamers here... In my small PA town, all to many girls decide early in their lives to take Sue Beaver on as their ideal role model..... Including one of my cousins, but I managed to get her to see that there is more that a smart young lady like her could become than just some housewife.

And for those who haven't figured it out, I happen to be a guy.

This thread has assured me there is hope for us video game playing guys to find a similar-game playing mate!

*stamp of approval*

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Mad
    I wish more girls did, it would make the world a better place
    agreed!

PS: sadly alot girls start playing games because of bfs THAT's what I don't like.

Blog Entries

My ex and I played through the first disc of FF8 once. She liked to rush through the game but because she loooooved me so, she listened to me and drew 100 of everything she came across. How sweet of her. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy
    My ex and I played through the first disc of FF8 once. She liked to rush through the game but because she loooooved me so, she listened to me and drew 100 of everything she came across. How sweet of her. ^^
    See! this is what I mean, girls have no initiatives, they always have to be manipulated by guys. Why can't they figure out what they want for themselves, weaklings! (not all though:laugh: )

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    agreed!

PS: sadly alot girls start playing games because of bfs THAT's what I don't like.

How the hell can you say that?

I've never dated, and I got into FF, starting with FFVIII, by lending it off a friend. FFIX was next, FFVII/FFX soon followed...etc

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Sorel
    How the hell can you say that?

I've never dated, and I got into FF, starting with FFVIII, by lending it off a friend. FFIX was next, FFVII/FFX soon followed...etc
    read the post above yours where I said "not all though" but a BIG majority.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

everyone plays video games here but no gamers like myself...they just don't understand it except one friend I used to have before high school.

Anyway, there are just as many girls as guys and I for one am dying because i'm grounded from them!!!

My little sister who is 7 loves video games right now, she loves Kingdom Hearts and is fairly good, I of course beat the tough guys for her, and she even has a little competive flare in her, she gets really angry at me when I beat her at a game like Mario Kart and DBZ budokai, but I let her win to appease her anger. Yep, she is a prodigy and I will take her under my wing and teach here the ways of the gamer.