Thread: Tales of Legendia

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Default Tales of Legendia

So, like my old Wild Arms 4 thread, what do you guys think of the new tales game coming out, Tales of Legendia?

Gamestops website says Pre-Release
    ETA: 2/7/2006 - so I'm going with that release date

I don't know...Some of the propaganda says that ToL will play like a fighting game, and I'm surely not willing to spend 50 hours button-mashing my way through battles. Yes, that's what happens with most of the RPGs these days, but in this case, it would be far different.

Anyway, I'll probably get it. It'll be tough to choose between dozens of quality RPGs being released this year, but my devotion to Phantasia will probably rise among the others and make me buy Legendia...or something.

Oh, I might try this one out if it plays like a fighter... I'll just lie to myself when I see the Namco logo on it.

Seeing, as the only Tales game I've played is Tales of Symphonia, I don't really know what to expect. I'll probably get it just out of curiousity, though.

I didn't like Symphonia, but Destiny was awesome. And they've been very action oriented in combat pretty much the whole time. So yeah, it'd play like a fighting game. But a fighting game with menus. It's not your typical turn-based battle system. It's just real-time. Though if they make it more like a fighting game that wouldn't be bad either. It worked for Legend of Legaia. Turn-based fighting game battle system xD I'm slightly interested in this game. I just wish they'd stop being so typical. Every RPG has to be some coming of age story for some 15 year old boy. Can we get like a 20 year old chick dealing with real issues leading an RPG at some point? This is why I've recently moved to Western fare for RPGs...

I hope it gets a PAL release,,,Symphonia was utterly awesome..

This game is the reason I'm buying my PS2 back. Symphonia and Phantasia were great games and I know this one will be great as well

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Quote Originally Posted by Aphelion
    I'm surely not willing to spend 50 hours button-mashing my way through battles.
    Totally agree, thats what has put me off the TO series.

I loved Symphonia. I'm looking foreward to this.