Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "I hate the random rule" thread

Default The "I hate the random rule" thread

Yeah. I am so irritated at it that I am going to waste your time about it.

Who all hates this rule and wishes squaresoft never made it in the game?

BTW is there a list of regions (cities) that start with this stupid rule so I know to try and avoid them as much as possible?

Also, any way of getting around the random rule in Dollet? I am having a field day trying to give a card to the queen here. 1 hour and counting. (Why oh why can't I just hand her the card )

Hello, me again. Remember Sister's FAQ I recommended to you? Details of how to abolish the Random rule for the QoC quest are in there.

Easy easy. When you figure out the way it all works its so simple.

Step 1: Get the queen to BALAMB!

Step 2: When in Balamb talk to the guy leaning over on the dock in a brown jacket. This will clear all the rules in Balamb.

Step 3: Save outside of Balamb! Talk to the queen and get a combo of rules that isnt in Dollet. (Mine was Open and Same).

Step 4: Beat the queen or give her a lvl 8 card. See if she is heading back to Dollet. If not, reset and do it till she does. (37.5% chance she will go to Dollet)

Step 5: Save outside of Dollet. Go to the first girl on the left as you enter Dollet. Challenge her and say YES when she asks to mix Balambs rules. Then QUIT until she says "Random has been abolished". If it is something else. Reset and do this again. When she does, SAVE IT outside of Dollet!

Step 6: Give the queen her card and make sure she is going to balamb! (37.5% chance she will go to Balamb)

Step 7: Random has been done for and she is headed for Balamb (where she is easy and near dollet). Repeat~! (BTW, DONT say yes if she asks if you want to combine with Dollet. Just say NO! )

Doing it the way I have shown will keep the queen in 2 cities and prevent a mess of card rules from occuring. It will also keep you from running all over the world and wasting time just traveling.
    See, easy
    Last edited by Ruthik; 01-27-2006 at 08:12 AM.

Holy revived thread batman!
    Well, I too am trying to get the god forsaken Random rule abolished, and I followed your steps to a T, but when I get to step 5 your method doesn't work.

When I challenge the girl in Dollet, she doesn't ask if I want to combine rules -- she doesn't ask anything, she just plays as normal.
    So what the hell should I do?

In fact, I don't see the Queen of Cards in Dollet anywhere. She did say that she was going there, so I duno what the deal is.
    Last edited by beema; 09-23-2007 at 09:45 PM.

I can tolerate Random; it's Plus that screws me up.

well in any case, if someone has an alternative method of abolishing Random I'd be much obliged.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I like the Plus rule, Wall is also nice. Random always sucks.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by beema View Post
    Holy revived thread batman!
    Well, I too am trying to get the god forsaken Random rule abolished, and I followed your steps to a T, but when I get to step 5 your method doesn't work.

When I challenge the girl in Dollet, she doesn't ask if I want to combine rules -- she doesn't ask anything, she just plays as normal.
    So what the hell should I do?

In fact, I don't see the Queen of Cards in Dollet anywhere. She did say that she was going there, so I duno what the deal is.
    For people to ask you to combine rules you must be carrying a rule that is not in that region. The easiest way to do it is to play a game in Galbadia so you're carrying their rules (which should be Same by default), then play a game in Dollet. You'll be asked to mix rules, say yes, immediately quit, and hopefully something will either spread or be abolished. In this case you want Random abolished, so keep reseting until it is.

I always abolish every rule from every region I go to except for Open and sometimes Same. This makes card games much more enjoyable, and allows you to play against your opponent instead of the rules.

hmm
    but I've already previously spread a bunch of crappy rules like the Plague in Deling city (what I assume you mean by galbadia?), so will doing that still work?

Mostly I want the random rule abolished in Deling so I can get Rinoa's card. But having it abolished everywhere would certainly be welcome.
    Last edited by beema; 09-24-2007 at 04:16 AM.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

If I'm to beat a good player with the Random rule, I also need Plus
    ...Geddit?

Quote Originally Posted by beema View Post
    hmm
    but I've already previously spread a bunch of crappy rules like the Plague in Deling city (what I assume you mean by galbadia?), so will doing that still work?

Mostly I want the random rule abolished in Deling so I can get Rinoa's card. But having it abolished everywhere would certainly be welcome.
    You just have to carry a rule that isn't in the region where you want to abolish. If you're carrying rules that are already used in that region they won't ask to mix because there isn't anything that can be mixed.

Thou shall not speak... Randgris's Avatar

I like the random rule, specially with Same, Plus, and Same Wall. I hate Sudden Death, most of the time; Elemental, not really just annoying.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Random is what gives the game quality.

You can relate it to the general gameplay of ff8 (or ff in general really)

1) there are physical and magical attacks
    2) there are little other techniques and statuses that no one ever uses because the first two are so successful.

1.a) there are really strong player cards that have amazing stats
    2.a) there are other cards that no one ever bothers with because the player cards are so successful.

Random is the game's little way to remind you that being able to obliterate everything isn't the only kind of fun you should be striving for. Earning your obliteration through cunning and skill is also worth striving for.

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    Random is what gives the game quality.

You can relate it to the general gameplay of ff8 (or ff in general really)

1) there are physical and magical attacks
    2) there are little other techniques and statuses that no one ever uses because the first two are so successful.

1.a) there are really strong player cards that have amazing stats
    2.a) there are other cards that no one ever bothers with because the player cards are so successful.

Random is the game's little way to remind you that being able to obliterate everything isn't the only kind of fun you should be striving for. Earning your obliteration through cunning and skill is also worth striving for.
    Good point, but it is still annoying as hell, having no control over your cards.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

i think im the only one whos going to say this

i like random battles, it mekes u on edge u dont know wat ur going to fight if u can beat it(unless ur a god like me at the game). so i think there freakin awesome

TAHNX OWEN MACWERE FOR MY AWESOM SIG
    if you want a friend in me pm me
    Check it out
    or
    FH