Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The "I hate the random rule" thread

You know, I successfully got Random abolished in every region except for two: Lunar Gate (which has every rule intact, and I don't think you can get any of them abolished) and Trabia. Well, I got Random abolished in Trabia, but forgot to save, and that cost me dearly when I fought an Elnoyle in Esthar and was ill-prepared for it (and couldn't escape, either), and when I re-started my game after the subsequent "Game Over", I was too lazy to make an abolition attempt on Random in Trabia all over again. That cost me on the Ragnarok in Disc 4, when CC Diamond had Trabia's rules, and I spread it to another CC member on the Ragnarok!

As for the Queen Of Cards sidequest, I cheated on that one...simply by throwing the games against the Queen of Cards and using the first four cards she wanted, regardless of her location. I experimented with it, and it worked. Only took her two trips to Dollet for me to complete it because of it.
    Last edited by Bloodline666; 02-20-2008 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodline666 View Post
    You know, I successfully got Random abolished in every region except for two: Lunar Gate (which has every rule intact, and I don't think you can get any of them abolished) and Trabia. Well, I got Random abolished in Trabia, but forgot to save, and that cost me dearly when I fought an Elnoyle in Esthar and was ill-prepared for it (and couldn't escape, either), and when I re-started my game after the subsequent "Game Over", I was too lazy to make an abolition attempt on Random in Trabia all over again. That cost me on the Ragnarok in Disc 4, when CC Diamond had Trabia's rules, and I spread it to another CC member on the Ragnarok!
    You can actually abolish Lunar's rules. Each time you play there's a chance a rule will be abolished, and from there you can mix the abolished rule until every other rule gets abolished. While you're in space you can only abolish one though; you have to wait until you land back on the planet to abolish the rest.

Default Thank you

I was at first a sceptic about whether or not this would work (playing the card game after carrying a new rule to dollet, then selecting the 'quit' option instead of actually playing cards) and at first it didn't work for me but actually only took 6 times to get that random rule abolished, so thanks (and sorry I didnt believe you guys at first)

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Bumping threads this old is typically not allowed osiris. Roughly half of the posters aren't here any more anyway!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.