Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast

Thread: do u like ff7 better than ff8?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny_Griever
    Super Mario Brothers was a great game, but it wasn't an rpg so it didn't have to have a great story. Just had to have great gameplay which it did.
    FF8 had great gameplay AND good story...What you talking about?

It was 1997 please! The graphics were fine back then. And all FF's have cheesy dialogue...6...7...8...9...10 need I go on? Didn't think so.
    Whoa, I agree. All the FFs have cheesy dialogue, but I noticed that FF6 and FF7 were the worst offenders. FF8 and FF9 werent nearly as bad. FF10 just had bad voice actors, and they should implant voice acting in anymore.

Um hello? A anti-social, anti-hero who becomes a leader and knight and saves the damsal in distress. That is VERY cliche. And it even had a happy ending aw how sweet. *gag*
    Your right this is a reused tale too. But I guess that makes both games cliches then...And why do you have to mock FF8's story because it centers on love? Love is a great thing and it was nice to see the story focus on something other than " my swords bigger...heh heh".

The bottom line is this: I couldnt take the game seriously, I can take cheesy lines ::cough:: RE4 ::cough::, but combined with cheesy graphics as well, I laughed so many times. I saw parts of AC and the anime FF7, both looked awesome , they really captured the "feel" of what FF7 is like. And that "feeling" is what was missing for me in FF7...

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Noj_R
    FF8 had great gameplay AND good story...What you talking about?
    What are you talking about? You mentioned Super Mario Brothers randomly.

Whoa, I agree. All the FFs have cheesy dialogue, but I noticed that FF6 and FF7 were the worst offenders. FF8 and FF9 werent nearly as bad. FF10 just had bad voice actors, and they should implant voice acting in anymore.
    Are you kidding me? FF9 was horrible with that crap. But don't even get me started on that. The only thing I can remember in 7 as being cheesy is some of Cloud's lines... "Let's Mosey"...other then that is wasn't as bad as some of the others. 8's dialougue wasn't that bad. Still some cheesyness factors though. I guess that's what happens when stuff gets translated into english.

Your right this is a reused tale too. But I guess that makes both games cliches then...And why do you have to mock FF8's story because it centers on love? Love is a great thing and it was nice to see the story focus on something other than " my swords bigger...heh heh".
    Love? Bah! Give me big swords.

The bottom line is this: I couldnt take the game seriously, I can take cheesy lines ::cough:: RE4 ::cough
    :laugh: Finally! I thought I was the only one who thought a four year old was writing that dialogue.

There is no theory. The game clearly shows that everyone is having fun at the party. Raijin, Fuijin and Seifer are goofing around while fishing. Rinoa finds Squall and after the party they make out. Happy Ending...no one dies and viewers aren't left with suspense like in 7.
    How do you know all that? And dont go all wise arse and say "I completed it", cause the theory I believe is that it wasnt a happy ending. (SPOILER)Squall dies, Riona becomes Ultimecia and hates everything because her true love died and she was left alone. The party is her fantasy, a dream Rinoa creates. Thats the theory I believe. And no, it isnt something Ive just made up, I read about this theory sometime ago and its the one I chose to believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER
    She finds Squall who is either dead or very close to death she takes him to the real world (They are in the flower filed again) and we then see the garden. And finally we see that Squall has either been revied or just saved (As if he wasn't dead yet but close).
    This is what I was talking about. But I still believe (SPOILER)Squall died and the ending is Rinoas fantasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.spoileverything.com/index.php/Final_Fantasy_VIII
    (SPOILER)If you buy into crackpot fan theories, Squall actually did die during the time compression, which is why at the end when the camera looks out to see Rinoa it looks like she's standing by herself, because she's gone crazy and is only imagining Squall is there. I find this to be a much more rewarding ending.
    I also found:
    Quote Originally Posted by http://shinraonline.com/ffinfo/ff8analysis.shtml
    Unlike FF7, there is a finished ending here. Seifer reunites with Fujin and Raijin, taking up a life of fishing in Balamb. Selphie finally gets to hold the Garden festival, which is a big success. Laguna visits the grave of his dead wife Raine and reminisces on their wedding. Zell finally gets hot dogs, and Squall and Rinoa finally kiss. But we still have some aspects to clear. Theory: Even with the finished ending, there always is that question. Does Rinoa become Ultimecia. (SPOILER)If time travel rules are set, than Squall must die, and Rinoa must become evil. Otherwise it would be senseless for there to be White SeeDs in the future (remember those bodies outside the castle and Ultimecia's constant complaints), keeping in mind that SeeDs are used to defeat sorceresses. Either way, something happens in the future and it ain't pretty.
    Last edited by ~SapphireStar~; 01-31-2006 at 10:59 PM.

Seems a little far fetched. I take the simple route and say that it was a happy ending up until all shown. What happened after, I leave to fate and Future Esthar.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

no, i liked Final Fantasy VIII better than Final Fantasy VII. 8 can be a bad number but Final Fantasy VIII is always a grand subject to talk about, to play, and to hear about.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ~SapphireStar~
    How do you know all that? And dont go all wise arse and say "I completed it"
    I completed it!

Thats the theory I believe. And no, it isnt something Ive just made up, I read about this theory sometime ago and its the one I chose to believe.
    The game that I played never mentions or hints on any of that so it automacially leaves viewers to assume that the ending that Square ended with (the happy one) was how they wanted to end the story period. Most of theories people come up with on this site...they're so into it too it's hilarious. It's just a game people. It's like reading a book. Once the book is at it's conclusion it's over. Period. Unless there is a sequel. Which even Square said that that would not be likely.

So let people decide on what they want to, instead of
    There is no theory.
    And only 1 of those sources was from this forum, the others are from sites. Let people chose what they want to believe ok? You may think its stupid, but people like thinking outside the box, whilst others prefer to finish something and wipe their hands of it.

To each their own, but seriously, some of these are ridiculous. Nothin against R=U or anythin, some theories.
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

And only 1 of those sources was from this forum, the others are from sites. Let people chose what they want to believe ok? You may think its stupid, but people like thinking outside the box, whilst others prefer to finish something and wipe their hands of it.
    I didn't say your "theory" was stupid honestly I would have wanted it to end that way. Atleast Square wouldn't be trying to go for the cliche hero saves the day stuff. But there really isn't a theory, otherwise they would have put it in. Not much thinking in this game like some of the others I've played that purposely leave things left unsaid. This one was pretty clear cut with the ending.

I know you didnt say my theory was stupid, I never said you did. I just said you may think some theorys are stupid. Im too tired to argue, I have Uni at 9.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know you didnt say my theory was stupid, I never said you did. I just said you may think some theorys are stupid.
    ...That's the same thing. Anyway, back to what I like better. Which is 7.

The R=U theory has been disproved in the " is rinoa really you know who " thread. In there I have provided evidence disproving it. There is no proof for the R=U theory anyway. Ultimecia is simply an evil witch hellbent on world domnitation. Why is that so hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by http://shinraonline.com/ffinfo/ff8analysis.shtml:
    Unlike FF7, there is a finished ending here. Seifer reunites with Fujin and Raijin, taking up a life of fishing in Balamb. Selphie finally gets to hold the Garden festival, which is a big success. Laguna visits the grave of his dead wife Raine and reminisces on their wedding. Zell finally gets hot dogs, and Squall and Rinoa finally kiss. But we still have some aspects to clear. Theory: Even with the finished ending, there always is that question. Does Rinoa become Ultimecia. Spoiler: If time travel rules are set, than Squall must die, and Rinoa must become evil. Otherwise it would be senseless for there to be White SeeDs in the future (remember those bodies outside the castle and Ultimecia's constant complaints), keeping in mind that SeeDs are used to defeat sorceresses. Either way, something happens in the future and it ain't pretty.
    The White Seeds were NOT trained to defeat the sorcerress, they were trained to protect Ellone. Normal Seeds are trained to defeat the sorceress but the White Seeds were trained for this special purpose. This has been taken out of context.

It makes no sense why Squall would die. Why would he? Why cant Ultimecia simply be herself. The game is not this complex. Rinoa is Rinoa, Ulti is Ulti. Square has said Sorceresses live normal lifespans, so she cant be Rinoa...

But that all means FF8 is the best!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Can't call Sqaure Enis anymore to ask the R=U theory. They got pissed off that time i ordered 500 pizza's to their main building.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall Isenhart
    Can't call Sqaure Enis anymore to ask the R=U theory. They got pissed off that time i ordered 500 pizza's to their main building.
    Square Enix was called about this years ago. It is also in the FF8 ultimania guide I believe. But seriously The R=U theory belongs in the R=U threads where it can be disproved for the hundredth time.:rolleyes2
    FF8 is da bomb

♥ Italian Princess ♥ *~Angel Wing~*'s Avatar

Noj_R...I LOVE YOU!!! :kaolove: I agree 100% on everything you have posted in this thread so far...

*~Love is the best feeling in the world~*