Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I restart my game? @_@

Default Should I restart my game? @_@

After some months with a bad copy of FFX (it glitches rightin the beginning), I got myself an International one. But since I didn't play since ages ago, I didn't get the Cloister of Trails trasure of Besaid, didn't get some Al Bhed Primers, and I got NO Sphere for Bushido AT ALL. And I'm almost on Spherimorph.

Is it worth to restart or I can just wait for the airship and catch those Primers and Spheres? And what about Besaid? AFAIK you need to beat Dark Valefor to go in, after the Airship..
    Quote Originally Posted by yours truly
    Rinoa Heartilly & Squall Leonheart = Isabella Swan & Edward Cullen.

Don't try and argue with it. You know it's true. =O

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Why not continue playing it and beat it. Then start a new game and look for everything you missed?
    Figaro Castle

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Should I restart my game? @_@
    Yes.

it is possible to get everything again, but its much harder the 2nd time round (dark aeons n wot not), i wud say start again. also u cant get bushido sphere until uve beaten spherimorph anyway

Why do you imprison your saviour?

you wont get any bushido spheres tuill after spherimoth so thats no problem.

oh but if you do restart, do yourself a favor, and pick the expert sphere grid.
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

You should throw this peice of unGOE away.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Do what your heart tells you, not what your conscience says
    ...Geddit?

actually the expert grid gives u better chars at te start of the game but is worse in the long run cos it has less nodes

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x View Post
    actually the expert grid gives u better chars at te start of the game but is worse in the long run cos it has less nodes
    That's a good thing, actually. Since then you can use them for what you want.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x View Post
    That's a good thing, actually. Since then you can use them for what you want.
    I think he means for those who want to get 255 in all of the stats and get as much HP as possible. You know, the crazy people like me who waste four hundred hours on this game and play it twenty times in an effort to redeem it's travesty of a sequel, FFX-2.

Ahh, Levian gives the best manicures. Levian manicure + FFX = win.

Well.. Since I'm not on the missable Primers (XIX to XXII), and I can get the others back, I think I'm fine. the problem is that I missed ABP II on...yay, Besaid. @_@

Since I never fought Dark Aeons, can someone tell me if Dark Valefor is too hard to beat with normal stats? After all, it IS possible to beat him on a NSG, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by yours truly
    Rinoa Heartilly & Squall Leonheart = Isabella Swan & Edward Cullen.

Don't try and argue with it. You know it's true. =O

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander View Post
    Well.. Since I'm not on the missable Primers (XIX to XXII), and I can get the others back, I think I'm fine. the problem is that I missed ABP II on...yay, Besaid. @_@

Since I never fought Dark Aeons, can someone tell me if Dark Valefor is too hard to beat with normal stats? After all, it IS possible to beat him on a NSG, right?
    You can start a new game, and then compile all of the Primers onto your save files by using the nifty little Al Bhed compilation Spheres that you can find at Baaj and the Travel Agencies.

I wouldn't know. I don't play failures of a version. But yes, Dark Valefor has been beaten on a NSG challenge.

dark valefor isn't too hard, u can proly beat him if ur stats r around 150-ish. attack reels is a godsent

I beat him yesterday, and my stats werent particulary high, attack around 60-80same with defence.
    Basically he does 9999 with every attack (aside from limit break which does about 50k) so I had tidus equppied with autophoenix and autohaste. Wakka with 10,000-odd hp and rikku with auto life white magic.and just kept rikku as healer and wakka and tidus attacking, and obviously having an aeon take the brunt of his overdrive (I managed to get an Oblivion on valefor, did about 230,000)

also, yes start again

By your stat right now, Dark Valefor is hundred times stronger. It can easily do 99999 damage on a normal stat'ed person. I suggest that you restart back. This time, it'll be easier (The first time, you might have a hard time understanding Sphere Grid and such) but Tidus constant whining prevented you from playing the game.

Missing the Besaid Destruction Sphere means missing Anima and Magus Sisters and the only way to get them is by defeating Dark Valefor. The first time I try to fight him with my normal party, I got my ass kicked with Sonic Boom (99999 + Delay!!?). Since you have no BDS, you won' get Anima for Oblivion and Magus Sisters for Delta Attack. You'll have to rely on Attack Reels and Blitz Ace.
    Last edited by Dell; 08-30-2006 at 02:55 PM.

The Late Owen Macwere Production.