Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FFX-2's Ending Discussion: Your Opinion

Banned

Post FFX-2's Ending Discussion: Your Opinion

If you have clocked FFX-2, you would have an opinion on the ending.
    Most have said it aint good for sh*t.
    In my opinion, it's the worst FF ending of all time.
    It's not very long... nor interesting.
    It didn't have the "oomph" in it at all.
    I, by far have never heard anyone "like" the ending, but I still want your opinion.

I still don't think that this is the worst FF game ever.
    I really like the battle system but... that's about it.
    It didn't have much FMVs.
    Now give me your opinions!

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I liked that Spira had resolved its problems in the ending (its a feel good story).

and the She found "him" also.

its in my top 5 FF fave list.

5. FFX.
    4. FFVII
    3. FFV.
    2. FFX-2.
    1. FFVIII.

muahahahaha.

The ending of X-2 ruined the ending for X. There are supposed to be unanswered questions. Also it was too.....sweet, too happy.
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

I received the normal ending and to me, it was as beautiful as watching the "best" ending. I think that someone around here posted that FFX-2 was never about finding Tidus, it was about Yuna discovering herself. I wholly agree with that, especially since Yuna's "quest" was very realistic, very well done, due to the personal experience I've had in my life that allowed me to relate to her.

Aaaaanyway, I thought the end was well done. It didn't need a half hours worth of FMV's to communicate the end result- Yuna flying off with her friends without addressing the nation of Spira as she did in FFX. It was like she knew she was a savior once again, but she forfeited her right to act as Spira's guardian and summoner and just decided to continue living a normal life and working on healing the old wounds in her heart. It was totally opposite from the shy, broken hearted Yuna that spoke to the Spiran public and told them never to forget- and as she flew away and smiled over the people who once held her as their summoner, I found myself believing that Yuna wasn't forgetting and was finally recieving joy out of the love and old world that she lost, and not forgetting.

I suppose I view it largely as symbolic, spiritual and beautiful because Yuna was the number one FF character that I related with and sympathized with 100%.

Now with Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria updates and the Valkyrie Profile shrine!

Join The Valkyrie Profile Forums!*Grand Re-Opening!*

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Good points BlueMage. In that aspect, the normal ending was the best of all.

But.. One thing I like about fiction and find very rewarding is the fact that in fiction things DO NOT have to follow real life's miseries and we can have happy endings. Lovers can see each other again, like Lenne and Shuyin or Yuna and Tidus. Bad things can be undone. Evil can be stopped...

With so few happy endings in our world, I crave the laughs and the relief we get when we see things work out at fictional stories. So I just loved to see the Good Ending in FFX2, with Yuna and Tidus back together, Wakka and Lulu with a baby...
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I prefer the happy ending though. But I too like the bad ending for reason unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri
    Good points BlueMage. In that aspect, the normal ending was the best of all.

But.. One thing I like about fiction and find very rewarding is the fact that in fiction things DO NOT have to follow real life's miseries and we can have happy endings. Lovers can see each other again, like Lenne and Shuyin or Yuna and Tidus. Bad things can be undone. Evil can be stopped...

With so few happy endings in our world, I crave the laughs and the relief we get when we see things work out at fictional stories. So I just loved to see the Good Ending in FFX2, with Yuna and Tidus back together, Wakka and Lulu with a baby...
    Renmiri's post is all you need:evilking:

Unlike FFVII's crappy ending, and FFIX's basic and empty ending, FFX and X-2 connect in such ways that you can't help it but get a little emotional just watching it, it had involved you since FFX....so in the end it was all worth it. there's NOTHING better than happy endings, and with the perfect ending you feel as though everything has been answered since he doesn't fade away.........everything you've worked so hard for (getting 100%) pays off in the end. I love this ending to death! though what leaves most of us empty is the fact that it wasn't as LONG as we would've liked.....BUT you know Squaresoft has ALWAYS been this way with EVERY FF.

People always Bullsh*t 'bout how FFVII is the best ending??? how the [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] so???? I mean it was as empty as EMPTY can get, there's nothing you can really see has changed or anything good with Aeries, no scenes of Cloud with Tifa, nothing explaining what happened to Vincent, Barret, and the others, so I don't know why people are b*tching?????:mog:

-You want a longer ending? extended!!!.........make a fanfic! of what happened after the ending, be creative, in the end...Tidus didin't fade away and that cute babe.....named Yuna finally had something to smile and care about-

I havent actually finished this yet I didnt enjoy it that much. I've seen a video of the ending that shows her being reunited with tidus but it didnt show like how come he was still alive and stuff. Can someone explain please?

My Music Videos
    My Video Awards Site if you make any music videos please enter I'm sick of seeing the same stuff entered over and over!

The ending was good but... The Good and perfect endings killed the ending of X so much. I liked the whole 'sacrificial hero' role that Tidus took on at the end, and for Yuna, it was like, you had to lose something for everyone to gain. In the ending of X-2, however, it seemed like Tidus' sacrificial here role and Yuna's loss to save everyone were utterly pointless, becaue Tidus could come back anyway. And anyway, I wanted Yuna to be able to live her life on her own. She doesn't need a guy to rely on.

Quote Originally Posted by Y_U_F_F_I_E
    The ending was good but... The Good and perfect endings killed the ending of X so much. I liked the whole 'sacrificial hero' role that Tidus took on at the end, and for Yuna, it was like, you had to lose something for everyone to gain. In the ending of X-2, however, it seemed like Tidus' sacrificial here role and Yuna's loss to save everyone were utterly pointless, becaue Tidus could come back anyway. And anyway, I wanted Yuna to be able to live her life on her own. She doesn't need a guy to rely on.
    HAHA! your post relies SOLELY in this line "She doesn't need a guy to rely on"

I'm tired of the unhappy endings in most games, what's the damn point of playing the game if the ending's gonna be some sh*t you're gonna be mad at forever. FF IX's, X, and X-2s endings are the best...it leaves you with a COMPLETE feeling inside, that's the way it should be.

i think it's not about the ending but about the game but for some reasons ffx-2 disapointed me in both in the game because it was to easy and the movie because it was like a fairy tail's movie i found both the game and the movie bad.

Which FF Character Are You?

The image “http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...pen.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    HAHA! your post relies SOLELY in this line "She doesn't need a guy to rely on"

I'm tired of the unhappy endings in most games, what's the damn point of playing the game if the ending's gonna be some sh*t you're gonna be mad at forever. FF IX's, X, and X-2s endings are the best...it leaves you with a COMPLETE feeling inside, that's the way it should be.

Ahem, if you had read the whole of my post, you would have realised I was saying that the whole 'ultimate sacrifice' thing that Tidus did at the end was pointless because he could come back anyway!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth the dark angel
    i think it's not about the ending but about the game but for some reasons ffx-2 disapointed me in both in the game because it was to easy and the movie because it was like a
    fairy tail's movie i found both the game and the movie bad.
    surprise! FF VII's easy as hell, all FFs are easy, you want a tough rpg, buy yourself something like the Shin Megami series...or you can always buy Resident Evil 4, God of War, Devil May Cry if difficulty is what you're looking for.

RPGs have traditionally ALWAYS been normally easy

FF X-2 is connected with FF X and is all about the story, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Y_U_F_F_I_E
    Ahem, if you had read the whole of my post, you would have realised I was saying that the whole 'ultimate sacrifice' thing that Tidus did at the end was pointless because he could come back anyway!!!!
    the point of the sacrifce was to save Yuna AHEM! so it's so honorable and respectful.............and REALLY intriguing to see how much Yuna would do to repay him..to do the same he did for her.

Please don't post twice in a row. Use the edit button. -kikimm

Quote Originally Posted by DeathKnight
    surprise! FF VII's easy as hell, all FFs are easy, you want a tough rpg, buy yourself something like the Shin Megami series...or you can always buy Resident Evil 4, God of War, Devil May Cry if difficulty is what you're looking for.

RPGs have traditionally ALWAYS been normally easy

FF X-2 is connected with FF X and is all about the story, period.
    dude if you want to compare ffx-2's last boss with ff7's last boss go for it but i found ffx-2 a desulution either ways

Which FF Character Are You?

The image “http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...pen.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

It was pretty pointless, but compared to other endings in the FF series, it still had a little bit of quality. However, Yuna being the attention seeker she was in the endings, did not make me happy.

X-2 is connected with X, but it has been done poorly.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!