Thread: all out of inspiration

Default all out of inspiration

I draw a fair bit during my free time, occasionally I even paint with watercolours or paint. (I'd post some stuff but I don't have a scanner
    -_- )
    Above all though I love drawing manga, I've been doing it for a few years now and I'm not too bad at it. But lately I've been getting bored of just drawing manga and stuff along the lines. I want to try something new and challenging, but I have no idea what to do or where to start.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could do to give a try? and when it comes to inspiration, what inspires you, or what do you do to be inspired to work on?

btw: I don't come down to the artist's section as much as I should and I don't know if a thread like this has ever been started before. If you know of one could you post it for me?
    Normally I don't advertise or spam for stuff, but i've decided to set my cause to help a needy forum! so come and join http://s13.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_...ex.php?act=idx

I suggest you start drawing your own stuff. Mangas all fine, I used to draw it quite a bit too. But the problem is EVERYONE does the stuff. You can't go into a place like DeviantART or something without seeing the stuff splattered everywhere. To tell you the truth, I am totally sick of it. Well, not totally, I still use a part of it when I draw. My drawing style consists of regular cartoon, manga style and my own unique style.

If you don't want to draw something like that, then another good thing to do is realism. Get to know how to draw real proportions and stuff like that. Draw a real life person, or an animal or even a tree (kind of boring but still worth a shot). I went through a stage of painting peoples portraits......that was quite fun. Time consuming, but fun.

All in all the best thing to do is expand. Draw stuff you wouldn't usually think of drawing and use media you never would have thought of using like indian ink, or crayon, charcoal, even a sponge.