Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why does everybody hate FFII

Quote Originally Posted by Evastio
    Quote Originally Posted by marc
    I love the music for the boss battle.
    Do you mean the Final Battle Music, the music that plays when you're facing the Sergeant, or the one that plays when you're facing the Queen Lamia?
    the one where you fighting a normal boss like the sergeant.

I was really disapointed when that Queen Lamia happened.
    I was really hoping my lil guy was gna get in their.

Another reason why people don't like FF2 is because there's no sidequests. All of the dungeons are necessary to go through to continue on with the game.

Do you mean the Final Battle Music, the music that plays when you're facing the Sergeant, or the one that plays when you're facing the Queen Lamia?

The Lamia Boss Music is my favorite FF2 Battle Music.

Another reason why people don't like FF2 is because there's no sidequests. All of the dungeons are necessary to go through to continue on with the game.

The Lamia Boss Music is my favorite FF2 Battle Music.
    I can't actually remember it.
    I'll listen to it when my lil' bro finds that ugly piece off stuff they call a ds.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Crossblades
    How can you hate a game on grahics alone?

Or are you one of those people that likes VII
    I don't think he's serious.

I didn't like FFII because of the story. I was not impressed, having seen this used several times already. Also, the characters KEPT DYING! That annoyed me to no end, bothering to level them up, stat them out, equip the hell out of them, only to have them die an hour later. And they kept doing it!

Once I figured out how the levelling system worked, however, I sat outside the city right at the beginning and had my guys beat the hell out of one another for hours until they were all super strong in defense, magic, and attack. That was my strategy.

I didn't hate the game, but I didn't really enjoy it either. The bosses were all quite easy and the music was only nominal, as opposed to later great themes like in FFVI and beyond.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I didn't like FFII because of the story. I was not impressed, having seen this used several times already.
    Yeah, after this one. This is the first game with the "rebels take down oppressive evil empire" storyline.

Also, the characters KEPT DYING! That annoyed me to no end, bothering to level them up, stat them out, equip the hell out of them, only to have them die an hour later. And they kept doing it!
    Yeah...
    Once I figured out how the levelling system worked, however, I sat outside the city right at the beginning and had my guys beat the hell out of one another for hours until they were all super strong in defense, magic, and attack. That was my strategy.
    If you have that kind of patience, then you'll love Swap!

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Barefist, try it, you'll love it.

I loved this game. I had made Maria a bare with a few white magics, Guy a large axe toting warrior and I equipped Firion as a theif with a few black magic spells and used his evasion to cause mass chaos.
    I also loved the story and this is in my top 2 FF's. Its a great game with a story that set the archetype for alot of games.

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

I think FFII suffers because of when it was released. It gets compared against current games, rather than the games of it's time. This is especially noticable when people say that the story is weak and/or cliched. :rolleyes2

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Yeah, if anything, FFIV, FFVI, FFVII and FFIX were biting FFII.

I know I'm going to get tied to a stake and burnt for this...but I liked FF2 more than FF1! It actually had a story, the characters actually spoke (!) albeit generically, but the story was more engaging and realistic in my opinion.
    FF2 is only poorly rated now because by the time we got it a couple of years ago it paled against more recent, better developed FFs (e.g. VII!!). But back in its day I think FF2 excelled against other RPGs in its genre.
    I also really liked the battle system, it was a break from the old levelling-up chestnut, even though it was underdeveloped and could be exploited easily (Maria: "This is for your own good, Firion." SPLAT! HP up. Firion grins and casts Cure, etc). Tee hee hee

Blog Entries

FFII used to be one of my favourite FF games. But yeah, I haven't really played it for quite a while. It becomes tedious after a few dungeons.

lol i actually enjoyed this game quite a bit, i just beat the final boss today. Even though everybody hates the way u lvl up i thought of it as a twist to the traditional RPG lvling up.

I don't think I'll hate FFII when I get around to it, but I'm looking forward to playing it after I beat FFVI and buy Origins and beat FFI; hopefully this Summer.
    I'm a water dude, jet skis, water pools
    Surfin' the (waaaave), I'm hurtin' the (waaaave)...
    "Oh Yes" ~ Juelz Santana

too many dungeons.
    dungeons=boredom