Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Tidus die his hair ?

i'd look stupid if i did the same thing to my hair. why not love your natural hair color...

My natural hair colour doesn't suit me, so thats why I don't love it.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Here's the doll, doesn't Tidus look like a reverse skunk, with that dark stripe on his hair ?

Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

That doll's hair is ugly.

Oh and in the words of your 5 year old..."MOM IT'S NOT A DOLL IT'S A ACTION FIGURE!"

FFXIV Character

Shiromoto Tatsuji (Siren)

Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa
    Yes its possible for everyones hair to be lightened by the sun. But not to the extent Tidus's is. In reality, nobody with dark hair no matter how much time they spend in the sun, will get their hair to go that many shades lighter.
    u are not getting the part about him in the blitzball spheres full of water. water magnifies the sun's rays which in turn would bleach his hair. this part is what u can't comprehend

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not gonna lie, I've actually thought about this quite a lot. On the one hand, FF leading men tend to have very light hair. Cloud, Zidane, Cecil, Edgar and Sabin etc, while the leading women tend to have dark hair (this is especially true in the later games, no so much the, erm, First Generation ). So, I'm wondering if this is a kind of tongue in cheek stab at their own motifs through the years. They "need" a light haired leading man, so they "make" Tidus dye is hair blonde.

Of course, Slade could be correct here;
    Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    It is possible that his hair naturally bleached. When you spend alot of time in the sun your hair bleaches. I know from experience (although, it wasn't as extreme as Tidus, just the tips of my dark hair went blonde). Tidus would spend alot of time outside training and such for his Blitz tournaments and thus, his hair would bleach over time. The only thing that suggests otherwise here is that Zanarkand seems to be always dark.........
    , which is also something I've thought about.

Is it weird to think about this stuff? xD

EDIT: Additionally, in response to Anaisa, if you start out with light brown hair, it can bleach completely to a dark blonde similar to Tidus's. But I'm still in favor that the developers were poking fun at themselves. :]

Signature by rubah. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Heero Yuy NWZC
    u are not getting the part about him in the blitzball spheres full of water. water magnifies the sun's rays which in turn would bleach his hair. this part is what u can't comprehend
    I can easily comprehend it. It doesn't matter how much time you spend out in the sun, whether your in water or not, your hair can only be bleached so light. Just like when you tan, no matter how long you spend in the sun you'll only go so brown, an your hair will only go so light. If you look at the shots of Tidus as a child his hair was quite a light brown shade so he could actually reach a dark blonde in the sun, but he couldn't acheive the shade his hair actually is in the game in this way. An if you look at Tidus's hair when he's older, his roots are darker than when he's a child, and his eyebrows are also darker than that hair colour. On some pictures, an that figure, they actually look black, you definitely would not get hair that dark to go that light with sunlight alone. An another thing, if the sun could give your head a full head of highlights with as much coverage as Tidus has got, it certainly wouldn't miss your roots. An if Tidus got hair that colour due to playing blitzball in the water, then all human blitzball players, unless they wore a cap, would all have bleached blonde looking hair, an heavy tans.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Flake
    That doll's hair is ugly.

Oh and in the words of your 5 year old..."MOM IT'S NOT A DOLL IT'S A ACTION FIGURE!"
    How did you guess he says that ?

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon
    Is it weird to think about this stuff? xD
    I hope not because I do too!

Anaisa is correct, I grew up two blocks from a very sunny surfer's beach. And like Anaisa said, even with surf bums spending the day in the sun, most of them spending several hours wet under a scorching sun, their hair didn't get the dramatic contrast that Tidus gets...

A lot of the surfer guys I knew had that kind of bleached hair Tidus has, but they put their board wax on their hair to get that way. It seems paraffin, sunlight and saltwater are a natural bleaching agent. Paraffin doesn't spread to the roots so easily, hence the dark roots look. But it only worked with the surfers who were a natural dark blonde, the brunettes just got dark brown / golden lights.

Sigh... The surfers I knew were so cute, yet so brain dead... Most of them are in rehab or died of overdose by now.
    Last edited by Renmiri; 02-01-2006 at 07:14 PM.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

FFXIV Character

anaisa, u are avoiding the concept. is FFX related to our world? no so i rest my case that their sun could be the cause since their sun would be different than ours. also, as fire_of_avalon said, the sun bleached his hair from a light brown to a darkish blonde which is similar to Tidus' hair. besides, the chromosomes in ur genes create ur hair color and the follicles of ur hair have those genes in them, so if they are exposed to the sun long enough, they can be altered to where the dominant traits(dark hair color) are weakening to recessive traits(light hair color). this is no assumption or guess. this is fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Heero
    is FFX related to our world? no
    besides, the chromosomes in ur genes create ur hair color and the follicles of ur hair have those genes in them, so if they are exposed to the sun long enough, they can be altered to where the dominant traits(dark hair color) are weakening to recessive traits(light hair color).
    Tidus is (SPOILER)a dream of the Fayth, and as such I don't think chromosomes and the like have much meaning. As you said, Spira does not conform to the norms of reality. His hair can be whatever (SPOILER)the Fayth want it to be. I wouldn't use science to justify something in a video game.

Then again, it could be possible that Tidus could choosse to alter his appearence, much like (SPOILER)Auron.

Heero, ive already said that the sun there could be different than ours. An the fact still remains that if the sun was able to bleach Tidus's hair with as much coverage as it has, why would it completely miss the roots? And no it is not a fact that sunlight can alter your genetics that make up your hair colour, it can't. The sun changes the colour of your hair externally only.

FFXIV Character

how so? u sayin that the sun kills the organisms in the hair and makes it turn lighter? and what i said was true. i did not say that the FFX world did not confirm the norms of reality. i said that there position near the sun could be different from ours. this is what i meant. and what i said was true. as u know there are more than one pair of traits for each gene. there are other traits that determine the strength of the dominant or recessive trait in that gene. the sun can kill these and weaken the dominant or recessive trait by killing off those others that determine the strength. i have been in biology. im not so sure that square would make their world too dissimilar from ours and i think that genes is one thing that they did not alter(reproductive system is the same in their, as is the distribution of genes). tell me what u think if there are problems.

Im saying that the sun only lightens the hair strand, it doesn't alter your genes that effect your hair pigment.

How did you guess he says that ?
    Because I used to be 5
    And all of my dolls were action figures so I wouldn't seem girly :laugh:

im not so sure that square would make their world too dissimilar from ours
    How about fiends, pyreflies, the Ronso, the Guado, magic, Sin, the Fayth, aeons, little dolls that walk and attack of their own accord, etc?