Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101424 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Meet-Up 2006

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    Yeah, in a TV show about being geordie and having extreme emotional problems (or basically just being geordie), I think the one on the left got hit in the face with a paintball and went blind, and while he was blind, the one on the right stole his girlfriend.

The thread can only go downhill after a mention of Dan's ass. Thanks a lot for ruining it, Jess! Come to the meetup so I can show my displeasure in person!
    I'll consider it, because then I can show mine too, mister!

Heh this should be amusing

Hey i was thinking, how about 2 meet-ups at the same time, but at different places?
    Like a meet-up at the north and a meet-up at the south *coughBrightoncough*

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Kyono
    Old Manus is called Dan too? D:
    No, his name is Jimmy-Jimmy. I thought it was you that posted Ant and Dec. Boy, do I look silly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy_Aeris
    Hey i was thinking, how about 2 meet-ups at the same time, but at different places?
    Like a meet-up at the north and a meet-up at the south
    Or we could do what we're currently doing and have one in the middle.

Hmmm middles ok, but too many people having to go too far.

I say a double meet-up!!

I'm sorry but I've got to say something about this distance thing. Everytime a meet-up is arranged in the UK, people always moan about distance saying "It's too far". Why does everyone believe that we can cater for every EoFFers living place? True, some will have to travel further than others but that's part and parcel with a meet-up.

For the second meet-up I had to travel for 2 hours. This involved two changes and yet I went. Because I wanted, because I felt the distance was worth it.

This time, the arrangers of this meet-up have chosen a place that is:
    -Central in the UK
    -Offers most opportunity for enjoyment
    -Easy access from MOST of the Major cities.(Bus,Train,Car)

All the other suggestions have meant isolating too many people for that paticular member's selfish needs. This isn't fair. We haven't chosen a place that is too specific in it's location in the UK (Brighton?!) and this should be appreciated. We have TRIED to be fair.

(P.S: Newcastle is a direct to Birmingham.)

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Ahh ok, apologies if i have seemed selfish at all or whatever.

whatevers best for people!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch
    NZ>UK
    indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    I'm sorry but I've got to say something about this distance thing. Everytime a meet-up is arranged in the UK, people always moan about distance saying "It's too far". Why does everyone believe that we can cater for every EoFFers living place? True, some will have to travel further than others but that's part and parcel with a meet-up.

For the second meet-up I had to travel for 2 hours. This involved two changes and yet I went. Because I wanted, because I felt the distance was worth it.

This time, the arrangers of this meet-up have chosen a place that is:
    -Central in the UK
    -Offers most opportunity for enjoyment
    -Easy access from MOST of the Major cities.(Bus,Train,Car)

All the other suggestions have meant isolating too many people for that paticular member's selfish needs. This isn't fair. We haven't chosen a place that is too specific in it's location in the UK (Brighton?!) and this should be appreciated. We have TRIED to be fair.

(P.S: Newcastle is a direct to Birmingham.)
    What he said, minus the jibe against Brighton :P

But yeah London is big and the capital buuuut You know how bloody annoying it is for people that have never been to get there? Younger people would not be able to survive it
    PLus if you want a London meet up....organise one. The last 2 meetups were organised by me and a few other people that live in or near the Midlands.
    Plus come on, the Midlands is really really easy to get to, Birmingham is SO easy to get to.
    Anyways. If you are deff interested please PM me and Jack so we know whats going on and we can decide on whats what and when and who

Trust No one

Oh my god, a one and a half hour train journey is just too much for me to take! Whoa, count me out guys! I'm just going sit around stuffing jellied eels into my boat race. Call me on the dog!
    You forgot to say Guv'nor.

And what I meant is that out of all the places in the Midlands you could have picked, you chose the worst possible option. Nottingham is pretty central, and at least three kajillion times nicer. Birmingham is bleh.

Of course, a London meet-up would be the best for so many reasons, but they are so sophisticated that they would seem illogical to you and your self-righteous small-town minds.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

(UNITE WITH ME, PEOPLE OF WALES!)
    I'll unite with you if you stop insulting the Welsh and telling me I have nothing related to mammary glands!

Have fun, guys! And make sure somebody kicks Paulchotic in the balls and videos it, or, y'know, it just won't be fun for the rest of us.

I would go, but if I ask my parents I kind of get the feeling I'll be tied up and held hostage for six months.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffing Cheese
    I'll unite with you if you stop insulting the Welsh
    It's not our fault that the Welsh do bad bad things to sheep.

What he said, minus the jibe against Brighton :P
    Hey, I like Brighton! I was just saying it's far to localised to be a good place for a meet-up.No strong train, bus or car access points and also it's just a tad far away for loads of people. I've been there a couple of times and I really like the atmosphere in Brighton. Nice shopping too, but I'm not a huge fan of the beach... Nice place.

Nottingham is pretty central, and at least three kajillion times nicer.
    True, but I've been Nottingham and the problem I find with it is that it's a little spread out. Plus, I didn't think the shops were as good (But that's just me). BUUUTT it is central.
    I don't know why Birmingham ssounds so bad, you do understand kids that the media don't show the non-really-scummy bit. Check out the photos in the album and they'll show you that it's not as bad...We stayed in the main shopping district.

Of course, a London meet-up would be the best for so many reasons, but they are so sophisticated that they would seem illogical to you and your self-righteous small-town minds
    Indeed. :rolleyes2
    London is a nightmare if you've never been much. Luckily I have so it's okay, but for somewhere where we're trying to sort out lots of people who may never have been to a location, I'd prefer Birmingham.
    And if that sounds stupid for people to have not been, I'd never gone Manchester until the last meet-up.

boris, we need some fixed details but I'm not making any until we've got a date. Can you fix on a date please? It depends on what is good for most cause I can always get someone to work my shift/Use holiday.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Its not fair going to Birmingham twice, go somewhere else, so the people that could not go last time, can go.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreddz
    Its not fair going to Birmingham twice, go somewhere else, so the people that could not go last time, can go.
    Good point Dreddz. But I'd like to point out that the choices are limited. We've been Manchester and we've been Birmingham and the only other really big city is London. However, we (as the organisors of THIS meet-up) feel that London is too complicated for those who have never been and also those who live outside it. I note that you live inside London and so therefore probably would want one there.
    I'm sorry to have to say this but as boris said "Plus if you want a London meet up....organise one"
    Birmingham is between the north and south so middle. The only other places in that situation are other midlands cities like Leicester,Coventry,Nottingham,Derby... But none have the same amount of access as Birmingham and also I don't really want a meet-up right on my doorstep.

Another point is that other cities are too far north/south and isolate more people. It's all well and good saying that we should choose other places but we think that Birmingham isn't too north/south specific to isolate more people. So in effect we are being fair. It isn' like a road-trip going around the country so all can meet-up. This is a one-off event, so it would make sense to choose a place that is easier to get to then...Newcastle for example. Would that be easier for you to go?

There is nothing stopping anyone else arranging another meet-up. The reason it get's focus is because boris (and others) are the first to actually get one into realisation. I don't want to sound harsh at all but the fact is there.

About the Brighton thing, i swear its easy to get to by train, simple train ride isn't it? I thought all trains from wherever lead to Brighton?