Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121626 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Meet-Up 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage 121
    I'd be happy to organise it, it just seemed that people were unwilling to come to London at all. As long as I can be sure that you guys are going to show up then I'd be happy to sort things out.
    I would offer help in any way, Im not that great with this stuff, but seeing as I Live slap bang in the middle of London, I would gladly help, advise etc..

So when is the Iceland meet?

R.I.P. Bob Online
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-
    O RLY?

Quote Originally Posted by a tree disguised as a cow
    So when is the Iceland meet?
    TBC ;)

Come on boris, lets go for Birm. I'll be glad to help organise it!
    The reason I think Birm is best is because everyone will have roughly the sameish distance to travel, I'm coming from up north and Hulls trains are well poop (we have one to Leeds, Sheff and Doncaster...thats about it....).
    And early Easter so that the younger lot can make it (cos you guys only get 2 weeks off right).
    I'm only making suggestions here!!
    As I said, I'd be happy to help Jack and Boris!!
    Plus It's be great to actually get to see my sister properly!!

Kagga
    Here I am to save the day!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

avoid Leeds and Newcastle and your survival rates for the meetup are high, try somewhere apart from places as southern as London and farther and this will be a success.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

It appears that some people want it in Birmingham and some people (who appear to post the most) want it in London. While me and boris kinda formulated this idea, it has always been a open market for ANYONE to create a meet-up. It just needs a little planning...

The problem is as much as I'd like to say "Go on have it and I'll pop along as well" and therefore take any pressure off me straight away (Hey, who WANTS stress?) I wouldn't feel right. Some people want to go to Birmingham and it would be unfair to simply drop the idea just because there are some vocal opposers.

To have 2 meet-ups at the same time is also limiting because some will go one, and some will go the other, and personally I'm not a fan of competing meet-ups, I just want it to be fun for all. Plus, I'm not sure on what boris wants to do at this point...

SOOOO..... In a attempt to keep everyone happy we have several possibilities which I'd like to put on the tabel for all.

1)We go Birmingham and let Londoners do their own.
    2)We ditch Birmigham and just let the Londoners set it up.
    3)We plan them to be on the same date and enjoy the event.
    4)We have a comprimise and one has one now and the other during the summmer or whenever. As such, we get 2 meet-ups in this year and therefore people could go both.

Personally, i'm a fan of Option 4. In this case, we appease this idea:
    I actually think it's far fairer to give people an easy trip once in a while, at the expense of missing one or two events,
    and therefore both get the same amount of "publicity" on EoFF.
    By doing this option we can get:
    -We BOTH get our meet-ups.
    -Some people can go both.
    -Doesn't isolate anyone really (Except the really Northerners who if they get their act together can have on too)

It's up to you.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

i'll go where boris and jack go ^_^
    Making a slow come back since 2008

Whoever said Nottingham was nice...I laughed rather a lot :P Nottingham is the scum of the Midlands.

OK! Here it is. I'm all up for meeting people and organising things. But when it comes to organising I will do something that is easy for me. Selfish? maybe. I have never been to London so why would I organise something in a huge city I have no idea where anything is. Londoners, do your own meet up and hurrah!
    THIS thread is about the Birm one. So please do not fill it up with "oh London London it's so great" singing please
    Ok Easter break for me is 1st April -24th April. I have no idea about schools so someone will have to fill me in there
    I suggest something like the 22nd April which is a Saturday.
    Sorry about my attitude today, I'm full of cold and in no mood for all of the discontent.
    So Birmingham 22nd April? good good

Trust No one

Quote Originally Posted by boris no no
    Whoever said Nottingham was nice...I laughed rather a lot :P Nottingham is the scum of the Midlands.

OK! Here it is. I'm all up for meeting people and organising things. But when it comes to organising I will do something that is easy for me. Selfish? maybe. I have never been to London so why would I organise something in a huge city I have no idea where anything is. Londoners, do your own meet up and hurrah!
    THIS thread is about the Birm one. So please do not fill it up with "oh London London it's so great" singing please
    Ok Easter break for me is 1st April -24th April. I have no idea about schools so someone will have to fill me in there
    I suggest something like the 22nd April which is a Saturday.
    Sorry about my attitude today, I'm full of cold and in no mood for all of the discontent.
    So Birmingham 22nd April? good good
    I'm going to suggest the 15th April, It's in the middle of the hols and it'seasier for people who are at Uni away from home so that we can get back in plenty of time. I need to be back in Hull on the 22nd

Kagga

Quote Originally Posted by kaggski
    I'm going to suggest the 15th April, It's in the middle of the hols and it'seasier for people who are at Uni away from home so that we can get back in plenty of time. I need to be back in Hull on the 22nd

Kagga
    Then the 15th? the Saturday before

Trust No one

Quote Originally Posted by boris no no
    Then the 15th? the Saturday before
    Yes, it is.
    Good? Or bad?

Kagga

I'm really tempted... I know I said that last year and I didn't go, but nevermind!

I just have to get a job so I can afford to go and make sure that I book holidays the second I get one.

How long has it been raining?

...Forever.

We have a comprimise and one has one now and the other during the summmer or whenever. As such, we get 2 meet-ups in this year and therefore people could go both.
    Right? If you want London you now have the opportunity to do it another time. Please don't try and cram it into the same month cause it'll be all "My Meet-ups better than YOUR meet-up". It's pointless.
    Plus, I'm trying to encourage a nice happy family friendly atmosphere here (Why not? I have a girlfriend...I can be happy too!)
    As for the "Oh London London it's so great"... I'm sure that can be downloaded onto your iPod.

I'm just gonna sit down and lay down the facts of the Birmingham meet-up. Since this thread is now FOCUSSED on the actual fatcs and no more titter tatter about location location location... (Though that is a trashy programme...). Here we go...

FACTS:

-It's on April the 15th. (I'm agreeing for you) This is a Saturday. As for the college thing, it is indeed Half Term for most colleges (Because it's on Easter Weekend)

-It is in Birmingham.

-Under 16 yr olds need permission. This is because you're still young and not yet legal to look after yourselves. i knwo you probably can but there you go.

-Because of it's sucess last time, we'll probably hook up at Birmingham New Street station. However, to avoid trouble, it might be better to meet up in the mall that is next to it. This is just a idea folks...

-----

So there you go. Hope to see you there if you want to come.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I think that somebody should capture Psy's hat and then sell it on ebay.co.uk

I tried selling a pitcher of Psy's sweat collected from both meet-ups on ebay.co.uk. Sadly though, no one ever bourght it saying it was in bad taste.

I dunno, tasted quite good with sugar...