Page 1 of 39 12345671121 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Meet-Up 2006

Default We Met Up! Aftermath of UK Meet-Up 2006 (NOW with added pictures)

The Meet-Up is:
    BIRMINGHAM
    SATURDAY 15th APRIL 2006

PM me or Kaggski for more details.

-------------------------
    (Original Post)

Righty, thought I'd better put this into word form for the rest of EoFF to see for a change. After speaking to boris no no yesterday evening, it came out that some members were discussing another meet-up like the 1st one that happened almost a whole year ago.
    As such, this thread is kind of presenting to all people a offer to come meet up with fellow EoFFers and just have a good day out. As a "veteran", I can tell all those who are new that I still have great memories from the times I've gone.

But only if people are interested, but I got the impression that people were.

Here's what I will glean:

-As such, while there is no definite decesion on where this meet-up shall take place, I feel it is probable (and it's the favourite) to meet up in Birmingham again. Just because of access is easier for the greater number of people.

-Members under 18 (or is 16?) I'm encouraging you to tell your parents or guardian WHERE your going. You're still young and it's just for safety reasons.. For all of your knowledge, I have no intention of being accused of being a paedophile OR getting you in trouble with your folks. I know it sounds like I'm a teacher but I have no intention in blacking my own or this sites number.

-It will be on the weekend and most probably during the break up for Easter. If not, it will be April-ish and definitely a weekened.

-Depending on the number of "grown-ups" and budget, a hotel may come into the equation like last time. However, this is all conditional. No promises. But if it does, and your not a adult yet, you'll have to tell your parents or guardian. I had to last time (Cause I was still youn BLESS) and so should you.

----
    Remember kids, a meet-up is only fun if you embrace meeting new people. I suppose I'm arranging it so just PM for more details. I wouldn't PM boris no no yet because I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate being bombed with them.
    I'm sorry for sounding serious, but there you go it's 1:30 in the morning and I have a presentation in 7 hours. Not a happy bunny right now.

I hope as many people turn up as you can, trust me, it's all good stuff.
    Last edited by Jack; 04-23-2006 at 12:43 AM. Reason: New Infomation.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ooooh, awesomeness. Shame I can't go, but those meet ups are always exciting, because I love to look at photos from them. Make sure that like, a ton of people bring cameras, not just one or two. *is a photo nerd*

because I love to look at photos from them. Make sure that like, a ton of people bring cameras, not just one or two. *is a photo nerd*
    Rye, I'm sure you can gather from my LJ that I also am a photo nerd and I promise that if I can actually make it, I will bring two 27exp disposables. The best that my wage packet can afford.
    Photos will come aplenty.

Check out the album for glimpses of what the previous Meet-Ups have been like through pictures. The ones you see there are just a small glimpse of what images we have on our PCs and a fraction of what happened.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Psychotic never misses a UK meet up.

He concedes he has missed Scottish meet ups, but they're racially biased against their southern cousins (UNITE WITH ME, PEOPLE OF WALES!) anyway.

He also concedes he refers to himself in the third person.

This time he will not be afraid to confess to Baloki his true feelings for him.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    Rye, I'm sure you can gather from my LJ that I also am a photo nerd and I promise that if I can actually make it, I will bring two 27exp disposables. The best that my wage packet can afford.
    Photos will come aplenty.

Check out the album for glimpses of what the previous Meet-Ups have been like through pictures. The ones you see there are just a small glimpse of what images we have on our PCs and a fraction of what happened.
    Yay! Photo nerdom for the win. I hope a french fry message photo will be included since those things crack me up. xD

Aww sounds fun

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

Articles

I bring word from Baloki of Rivendell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Be Low Key man himself!
    <strike>This time he will not be afraid to confess to Psychotic his true feelings for him.</strike>
    I guess their expecting me to go along and go, "In the good old days when Raistlin posted more..."

Blog Entries

well what the heck you guys get a stickied thread and CST doesn't >:0! UK biased people!

The good old days when Raistlin posted more? Smack that dumbass for me.

NZ>UK
    :mario::luigi:

Me and Jack have indeed been talking
    As many of you know, when we meet up in the UK we rock so hard B)
    I think it would be best if its over 16 need permission BUT if we are to repeat last year all under 18 should go home at a certain point, going out and getting pissed with underaged people is so bothersome :P
    Birminghma is possibly the easiest place to get to for most people, plus there are so many things to do! I vote we go do something CRAZY B)
    erm *thinks* If anyone else has any questions pm me or Jack as we'll try and cordinate between us
    If you come you'll meet the greats of eoff! including me :P
    So yeay! Meet up Meet up! Psy I challenge you to a Tekken battle :P I shall win!

tralalalala

Trust No one

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It'd be fun to go. So if I get a decent job and earn some cash until then, I might just go. Always wanted to visit UK anyway.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by boris no no
    I think it would be best if its over 16 need permission BUT if we are to repeat last year all under 18 should go home at a certain point, going out and getting pissed with underaged people is so bothersome :P
    Wasn't Jack 16 when you kids took him out on the piss? And I only went home because my parents were worried that you people are internet rapists. Heck, all I need to do is say the i-word and they think I'm being "groomed" by paedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by boris does not take NO for an answer!
    So yeay! Meet up Meet up! Psy I challenge you to a Tekken battle :P I shall win!
    You'll beat me in Hwoarang vs Hwoarang, but I'll wipe the floor with you as SomeoneWhoIsn'tHwoarang vs Hwoarang

I hope Lev goes. Maybe we can all emotionally blackmail him just to seal the deal.
    Me if he goes: :grinpink:
    Me if he doesn't: :weep:

MAKE ME PINK, LEVVY-DO!

Oh and Jack, we frickin' HAVE to travel together this time. Leicester massive REPRESENT!

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

No, you bastards, no. I don't care if its easy for everyone to meet up in, if Levian goes you can not make him go to the craphole that is Birmingham. He'll be scarred for life.

Quote Originally Posted by boris no no
    Me and Jack have indeed been talking
    As many of you know, when we meet up in the UK we rock so hard B)
    Birminghma is possibly the easiest place to get to for most people, plus there are so many things to do! I vote we go do something CRAZY B)
    erm *thinks* If anyone else has any questions pm me or Jack as we'll try and cordinate between us
    If you come you'll meet the greats of eoff! including me :P

tralalalala
    Getting pissed with underage people so bothersome! I WAS underaged back then, was I bothersome? I'm hurt! I was very good considering the fact you were very "intresting" at night...
    Yep, as for crazy things, if we do something like a flash mob, this will allow me to have done yet another one of my "101 Things to do..." and therefore make me happier. But that's up to speculation.

Yep, just PM us two and we'll help you out. boris is always happy to help and I'm happy between the hours of 10pm to 12am.
    As for the Tekken battle, that's just a ritual that must happen...

Oh and Jack, we frickin' HAVE to travel together this time. Leicester massive REPRESENT!
    Init! Safe! (As soon as we decide on a date (Boris can you do that?) I'll get it off work so that'll be easy....plenty of saved up Holiday...!)
    P.S: I'm gonna try and NOT get almost fired this time. xD