Thread: jobs for ff5?

Default jobs for ff5?

i just got the ability to give my chars jobs..
    so which do i give em?
    please give me detailed info that will guide throughtout the entire game.
    just tell me which jobs each character should use and for how long.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Give them whatever you feel like! Unless you're facing bosses, it really doesn't matter which jobs you use.

Try to switch them up. Once you learn an ability in one job class, switch that character to a completely different one and keep going

I like to start with the characters that look the best in each class ^_^ Like letting Lenna and Galuf be monks and bartz a white mage and faris a knight and all sorts of stuff.

i master a job before moving on to the next.my style:

bartz:knight,sorcerer,samurai

reena:white mage,red mage,time mage

faris:thief,monk,ninja

galuf/(SPOILER)krile:black mage,red mage,summoner

after i master those jobs,i am near the end already.so i start mastering ALL jobs (especially the mime).when i have all jobs mastered,my job assignment is this.

bartz:bare (mastered)

reena:mime (mastered)

galuf/(SPOILER)krile:mime (mastered)

faris:bare (mastered)

that's basically it.hope i helped.^_^
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

when i start out i make bartz a knight, galuf a thief, faris a monk and reina a white mage. and make sure you get the healing staff from tycoon castle. once faris gets barefisted i switch her to a black mage. galuf will always be weak because of the thief ability but secret and steal and the extra speed are woth it.

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Mages learn their first abilities really quickly so make a black and white mage. Once they learn level 3 black/white magic, change to another job class, as you can't use level four magics for a very long time yet. Definitley make a warrior, the two handed ability will never stop being useful. Monks are useful very early on but they dont equip weapons so they cant benefit from extra attack power that weapons provide. Where you are now, and for a while, no decent weapons will be available so monks will be useful. Red mages are useful at the very begginning and at the very end, but for the chunk inm the middle they will be quite useless and boring. Red mages can use level 3 black and white magic which is useful until you get level four black magic. But a red mage will still be learning that job for almost the first 70% of the game (unless you power level somewhere to stock up on ability points.)

I guess you don't have all the available jobs yet, when you get them, Master hunter. Oh and regularly use your blue mage to learn available blue magic. Obviously blue magic is useless when you first equip it, but it becomes one the best jobs as soon as you start learning magic (blue magic=enemy skill incase your unfamiliar)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Make sure you have an equal balance. Have 2 attackers and 2 magic users

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Quote Originally Posted by shinangel2292
    I guess you don't have all the available jobs yet, when you get them, Master hunter.
    omg,how can i forget this one?yes,this is very essential.
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

At the starting point in the game I'd reccomend a theif, monk, black mage and white mage, or to your own variation, it doesn't really matter all that much.
    Normally I don't advertise or spam for stuff, but i've decided to set my cause to help a needy forum! so come and join http://s13.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_...ex.php?act=idx

Faris is the best monk at the begining, once she has learned brawl level her up as a white mage for a bit with brawl(obviosly equiped with no weapons) then swap between them at every job level.
    near the beginning of my game my white mage was doing over 400 a turn compared to my knight doing 300.

I personally enjoy to have all my characters being all round. i started galuf off as a monk, faris as a theif, lenna as a BM and butz as a Warrior. i found this to be a good mix for the first part of the game, but then i noticed that i was lacking magic. im now just at the second part of the game(im sure everyone noes wat i mean so i dont have to spoil it for those that dont) with butz as a mystic knight with time magic, galuf as a dancer with black magic, lenna as a hunter with white magic and faris as a ninja(i use the preemptive ability to give myself an edge in random battles)
    You can :twak: KILL :x_x: me, but my animated corpse will still go run ya down