Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Missable items suck!

Banned

Default Missable items suck!

I'm the perfectionist kinda player, and I really like getting everything while playing, and therefore it's a major pain running around and keeping track of every single once-in-an-event-appearing things.
    One good example is those things in Dali during the third disc, which in turn require lots of other items that you must get before the event in question.
    It's kinda frustrating, I have to keep track of everything from great, selfmade lists, and STILL there's always the risk of missing something, be it a single weapon in some shop or some similar item.
    I do see the charm in missable items, but I also think they're very irritating while aiming for a perfect game.

...you don't need extra items to get into Dali. you just have to check something by the door a few times (like the desk) until the boy does 'zzz...' then check the heater...and there's a mini-brahne up the ladder

Banned

Well, yeah, but you need the Coffee Beans in order to get the Mini-Prima Vista.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I could never get the coffee beans, or the Mayor's Key. Anyone know where they both are? I hear the Mayor's Key takes patience, but there must be a trick to it. And i can never find the last bean. I always have 2/3.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Quin14
    I could never get the coffee beans, or the Mayor's Key. Anyone know where they both are? I hear the Mayor's Key takes patience, but there must be a trick to it. And i can never find the last bean. I always have 2/3.
    You find the first beans at South Gate close to the Chocobo's Forest, by the spring; the second beans are located in Eiko's kitchen in Madain Sari.

The last one, the Burman Coffee, is pretty tricky:
    first go inside the Mayor's room during the Card Tournament in Treno (disc 3) and check the Desk twice (could be thrice), and then the Heather.
    Now you'll get the Mayor's Key; use it to open up the door in the windmill, and check the treasure chest outside TWICE, and you'll get the Burman Coffee.

I know some parts sound pretty dubious, but this is the way to go.

To get the last coffee beans, you have to check the desk until the sleeping says "zzzzzz" then check the heater, and thats when you get the mayor's key. then go check the chest outside the windmill twice for a bunch of gil and the coffee

does the mini-prima vista have any effect on your treasure hunter ranking?you never have it in your item list anyway.well,yeah,i guess you need it for a "perfect" game but i would like to ask anyway.
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by RaidenWeb17
    To get the last coffee beans, you have to check the desk until the sleeping says "zzzzzz" then check the heater, and thats when you get the mayor's key. then go check the chest outside the windmill twice for a bunch of gil and the coffee
    Cheers stalkee.

the mini prima vista is in the Tantalus hideout in Lindblum. it won't fly on disc 3 but will on disc 4 - it runs on mist.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhi
    the mini prima vista is in the Tantalus hideout in Lindblum. it won't fly on disc 3 but will on disc 4 - it runs on mist.
    yes,yes,but does it count in your treasure ranking?
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX

Yes it does, but it wont appear in your key items

then theres excaliburII... annoying as all heck to get. not to mention impossible on your first play through.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

WOOHOO MISERABLE ITEMS
    ...Geddit?

Angry

yea same here i had some serious problems getting it too it took me nearly 2 days playing it till i got what i needed to get it.
    Only in memories ..... but you will not forget me!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

You dont need any item to get the Excalibur II, you just need to get the terrace in Memoria (where you fight Lich) and then examine the side in under 12 hours. Yeah, it is impossible.