Thread: can you help me with photoshop?

Default can you help me with photoshop?

i really don't know if this topic should go in the help forum but since it has to do with graphic arts i decided to post it here.

i would like to know how to use the magic wand funtion so i can select a complete figure (say, a person in a photo). i also want to know how can i eliminate the figure and let the boundary so i can get a blank figure (like a drawing of the figure).

so, any help?

edit: something like the attachment
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by radyk05; 02-04-2006 at 01:27 AM.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The best way is to select it all by hand with the lasso, instead of trying to fiddle to get the wand to select around by itself.

If it has a really simple background, just select the background then go to Select>Inverse. ^^ Play with the tolerance levels a bit, I almost never use anything over 40. A low number makes it much easier to control.

As for just a figure, that'd require a more advanced tutorial. This one seems to be about what you're looking for, just ignore the iPod thing. http://community.livejournal.com/for_victory/6268.html

Click the Magic wand, click inside the characters body, and hit "delete". If you want to get rid of his surroundings, click the outside with the magic wand and hit "delete".

Although I'm not sure what you're trying to ask...

thanks for the link, casteal. that is almost what i want to do. unfortunately, i want to do it with a rather complicated background.
    Last edited by radyk05; 02-04-2006 at 08:00 PM.