Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Morpher

Shadow the VIXMCIXMCD?
    This_egg_hatches_on_04/05/06!_Adopt_one_today_from_pickle-green.com/egraphics!This_egg_hatches_on_04/05/06!_Adopt_one_today_from_pickle-green.com/egraphics!

lets end the spamfest
    yea

I really dont thnk blue mages or morphers are best
    :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:img]http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8906/marche2qm.jpg[/img]
    Its you and me against the world....... We attack at dawn-->Sig removed for being over the 50 KB filesize limit. Please read the rules/PM a staff member if you have any questions.

Yah they suk poo.
    Biskmatar is much better.
    This_egg_hatches_on_04/05/06!_Adopt_one_today_from_pickle-green.com/egraphics!This_egg_hatches_on_04/05/06!_Adopt_one_today_from_pickle-green.com/egraphics!

can we stop this thread right now. i know all i need to know =. i hate spam. it is over. move your argument in another post. ok? thanks

really? blue mages are actually good? i had no idea...I never had any luck with my blue mage, if anyone has any tips on what I have to actually do to make them strong, please let me know ^_^
    Normally I don't advertise or spam for stuff, but i've decided to set my cause to help a needy forum! so come and join http://s13.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_...ex.php?act=idx

its quit simple to get a strong blue mage first you need a good beasttamer and of course the weapons you need for controlling the enemies.

now just go search for a list of techniques the blue mage can learn (sky probably has one on the FFTA part of eoff.) then go find the monsters control them and let them use the desired technique on your blue mage.

e voila
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

Ok, advice to those who are looking for a strong Blue Mage: Learn as many abilities as possible. While Blue Mages have decent physical stat growth (especially considering that they are a mage class), their abilities is where they truly shine. Angel Whisper, White Wind, Dragon Force, and Mighty Guard are some of the best defensive abilities in the game. Bad Breath, Twister (which is an Area of Effect Demi), and Matra Magic are truly awesome when used properly. However, the most powerful ability in the Blue Mage's arsenal is Lv? S-Flare. To use it to it's full potential, get your entire party to have the same ones digit in their level (I suggest level 50, otherwise the Exp the Blue Mage's get will make them level up rather quickly, and thus weaken the effect). Next, have two Blue Mages, both of whom should know Lv? S-Flare. Equip your entire party with equipment that absorbs Dark damage (Bone Plate is the easiest thing to get that matches this requirement, and nearly all the jobs can use it [all but Paladin, Dragoon, and Defender]). Equip your Blue Mages (and any other magic users you are using) with the Reaction Ability Absorb MP (it's an Illusionist Ability, but it is well worth learning). Finally, you are ready to go into battle. Have the rest of your party charge the enemy and fight as usually. Have your two Blue Mages sit back and just continually cast Lv? S-Flare. Your entire party will be healed (regardless of how far away they are) for over a hundred points of damage with each cast (if you equip both your Blue Mages with Turbo MP, even more). Furthermore, because your Blue Mages have Absorb MP, they will never run out of MP, since they will be constantly recharging each others MP. Simply follow this strategy and your team will be healed for hundreds of damage points each turn, and any magic users (or physical attackers who use Ultima) equipped with Absorb MP will have their MP increased by 30 with each cast, or 60 if your Blue Mages are using Turbo MP, which is enough to cast another Ultima spell! So, Blue Mages can easily keep your entire party healed and topped up on MP for the entire battle, at the same time doing massive amounts of damage to any level 10, 20, 30, 40, or 50 enemies that do not absorb Dark damage (and, except for the Undead, there aren't that many who absorb Dark). And that is why they are far better than Morphers.

Even with max stats, Morphers can only affect a relatively small portion of the battlefield at a time. Whats more, they have to take a turn to remorph if you wish to switch ability sets.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade
    Ok, advice to those who are looking for a strong Blue Mage: Learn as many abilities as possible. While Blue Mages have decent physical stat growth (especially considering that they are a mage class), their abilities is where they truly shine. Angel Whisper, White Wind, Dragon Force, and Mighty Guard are some of the best defensive abilities in the game. Bad Breath, Twister (which is an Area of Effect Demi), and Matra Magic are truly awesome when used properly. However, the most powerful ability in the Blue Mage's arsenal is Lv? S-Flare. To use it to it's full potential, get your entire party to have the same ones digit in their level (I suggest level 50, otherwise the Exp the Blue Mage's get will make them level up rather quickly, and thus weaken the effect). Next, have two Blue Mages, both of whom should know Lv? S-Flare. Equip your entire party with equipment that absorbs Dark damage (Bone Plate is the easiest thing to get that matches this requirement, and nearly all the jobs can use it [all but Paladin, Dragoon, and Defender]). Equip your Blue Mages (and any other magic users you are using) with the Reaction Ability Absorb MP (it's an Illusionist Ability, but it is well worth learning). Finally, you are ready to go into battle. Have the rest of your party charge the enemy and fight as usually. Have your two Blue Mages sit back and just continually cast Lv? S-Flare. Your entire party will be healed (regardless of how far away they are) for over a hundred points of damage with each cast (if you equip both your Blue Mages with Turbo MP, even more). Furthermore, because your Blue Mages have Absorb MP, they will never run out of MP, since they will be constantly recharging each others MP. Simply follow this strategy and your team will be healed for hundreds of damage points each turn, and any magic users (or physical attackers who use Ultima) equipped with Absorb MP will have their MP increased by 30 with each cast, or 60 if your Blue Mages are using Turbo MP, which is enough to cast another Ultima spell! So, Blue Mages can easily keep your entire party healed and topped up on MP for the entire battle, at the same time doing massive amounts of damage to any level 10, 20, 30, 40, or 50 enemies that do not absorb Dark damage (and, except for the Undead, there aren't that many who absorb Dark). And that is why they are far better than Morphers.

Even with max stats, Morphers can only affect a relatively small portion of the battlefield at a time. Whats more, they have to take a turn to remorph if you wish to switch ability sets.

i was just waiting for that strategy to come up again i mean how many times did you post it now ??
    Too big. <-- yeah i heard that one before

I think the one that set things that set blue mages off for me is the sheer difficulty to get there skills. The beast master and the morpher are the same way. I like my classes simple. Paladin and Mog knight for sheer strenght. A summoner and regular mage for healing and ranged offense. A white monk for both. And some random guy who fits my fancy at the time ( or law). This startegy helped me beat the final boss and I think that the only reason I really would stare at a Blue Mage with goggling eyes is their pesky Damge to MP r-ability
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

You slaughtered my love of Morphers with that.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Quote Originally Posted by tailz
    Now just go search for a list of techniques the blue mage can learn (sky probably has one on the FFTA part of eoff).
    Actually, I wasn't the one put in charge of abilities. I just supplied the item pages. And they still haven't got the FFTA link up yet. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by bbomber72000
    You slaughtered my love of Morphers with that.
    I wasn't saying Morphers were bad... They just aren't the best.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.