Thread: worst bowl ever

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

There were some close calls. Overall it wasn't too compelling, but not the worst ever.

Raiders-Bucs was the worst ever.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

oh thirty dollars how will you manage

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by eestlinc
    Roethlisberger's td was not a td, but the Steelers would probably have pounded it in on 4th down anyway.
    That was just a case of the call on the field gets it, because it's not 100% conclusive either way on review.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

true, and you know Bettis would have gotten it in on fourth down, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by bipper
    Well to top it off the worst team in the match won, and because of bad calls. I hate ABC just as much for hardly even questioning this questionable game. Thier half time coverage was horible. The fact of the matter is that the seahawks owned this game, and the stealers walk away with the completley undeserving win, and cocky smiles like they think they deserved the win. I even liked the stealers, until tonight. There is somehing called class, and that is somthing obviously absent on the Steelers side.

As far as the complete lapse of Accurate officiating, is there any messure that the NFL will ever take to improve it? From what I have seen, the last years have held the WORST calls I can recall. Not just in the superbowl, but in the regular season as well. This super bowl is just the icing on my cake... I am not just trying to rant cause the seahawks I was pulling for lost, but because I was hoping to see a decent football game, obviously somthing this NFL is not capable of providing anymore. Don't blame it on let down either, I am a Vikings fan, I am used to that side of the coin

Just as a whole, the NFL dropped the ball on ensuring a good game. As for the half time show, it was pretty cool.

Bipper
    Speak for yourself I won 500 dollars because of those bad calls. Right now I feel like Mr Rogers himself.

no good commercials this time around

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
    Since when? He isn't down by contact then. If that's true, that's as retarded as the tuck rule.

Either way, Steven's drop was still a fumble. So the Steelers would've had at least one more turnover and the refs didn't take away anything nearly so big from the Seahawks.

Sore losers.
    When did the ground start being able to cause a fumble? He was down - at least one knee and one elbow - before the ball popped out. Doesn't matter if he was downed by contact or not, at least not as I've ever understood it.

But, I can't deny, that was one hell of a TD the Randal El/Ward play managed.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

When did the ground start being able to cause a fumble? He was down - at least one knee and one elbow - before the ball popped out. Doesn't matter if he was downed by contact or not, at least not as I've ever understood it.
    xD - that'd be a pretty odd rule.

The "ground can't cause a fumble" rule is only significant when someone is being tackled. For instance, when Randal El on that one punt return <i>dove</i> threw the air, was practically killed, and then fell, his forearm hit the ground and the ball popped out. However, the forearm counts as being down - thus, no fumble.

If Hasselbeck hadn't been touched and just dove/fell to the ground, and wasn't down by contact, the ball and the play are still live.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The "ground can't cause a fumble" rule is only significant when someone is being tackled. For instance, when Randal El on that one punt return <i>dove</i> threw the air, was practically killed, and then fell, his forearm hit the ground and the ball popped out. However, the forearm counts as being down - thus, no fumble.

If Hasselbeck hadn't been touched and just dove/fell to the ground, and wasn't down by contact, the ball and the play are still live.
    Stupid commentators need to learn their football >=O

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Woah, woah, woah. There's such a thing as a good Superbowl? I once watched it...that's five hours of my life I'll never get back.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power
    Woah, woah, woah. There's such a thing as a good Superbowl? I once watched it...that's five hours of my life I'll never get back.
    This Superbowl wasnt bad in the fact that it was interesting till about 5 min left in the 4th quarter, but it probably would have been better had the officials not gotten flag happy. Their have been plenty of great superbowls,most recently Titans vs Rams, Patriots vs whoever, but sometimes you may get a Ravens vs Giants or a Bucs vs Raiders game and those were terrible in terms of one team came to play and the other didnt.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

This Superbowl wasnt bad in the fact that it was interesting till about 5 min left in the 4th quarter, but it probably would have been better had the officials not gotten flag happy.
    Or if the Seahawks knew what "two minute drill" meant. I don't know if it was the coaching or if Hasselbeck was just retarded, but those last drives to end the halves were just horrible.

Or if the Seahawks knew what "two minute drill" meant. I don't know if it was the coaching or if Hasselbeck was just retarded, but those last drives to end the halves were just horrible.
    Werent they though, I think it was a little qb to coach confusion, because they could have put up some points just before half, not nearly as bad as Donovan Mcnabb forgetting the play in the huddle last year. Some teams just cant handle the pressure of a big game.

Also does anybody know why Brady through the coin toss this year, does the NFL really love this guy that much, I mean I thought I wouldnt have to see his stupid smile for another 6 months.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hasselbeck was clearly touched, although it was a minor touch while he was already in the act of falling.

Also, the holding call on that pass Jerramy Stevens caught at the 1 yard line was total crap.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Also, the holding call on that pass Jerramy Stevens caught at the 1 yard line was total crap.
    Ok, you have a case on the OPI call in the endzone, but that was a hold. He had his hands around the defender's neck as the defender was running around him!

Hasselbeck was clearly touched, although it was a minor touch while he was already in the act of falling.
    Hence the "if."

However, speaking of bad calls, that Stevens "incompletion" in the first quarter (I think it was his first of like five recorded drops) was a fumble.