Thread: BLUE MAGE!

BLUE MAGE!

I just read that the Blue Mage will be a job being introduced to FF XI! I cannot even begin to describe how much this makes me want to play the game again. I've said for the longest time to friends that a Blue Mage job would make this game totally kick-ass! Anyone got more info on this?
    Ich bin der Meister auf Magie!

It will be included in the next expansion

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

will the blue mage for ff11 be like the one in ff5-6 i think thats the ones they are in

I'm willing to bet it will be hell trying to get all the Blue Magic. If you're not paying for your spells, you'll probably have to quest them. And lots of hellish questing there will be!

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I doubt you're going to learn blue magic through any sort of scrolls. Either you're going to have to be hit by the enemy's ability and survive or there will be a lancet-style ability like the one Kimahri used in FFX to learn his overdrive skills which was, essentially, blue magic. Quests wouldn't make any sense.

Blog Entries

I'm guessing your going to have to hunt down the monsters and survive the magic which, I kinda like. Yes it will be hard but it'll be fun anf you'll know what every one of the spells does before you even use it ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Gwelenguchenkus
    I'm willing to bet it will be hell trying to get all the Blue Magic. If you're not paying for your spells, you'll probably have to quest them. And lots of hellish questing there will be!
    thats wut i was thinking they would do or something like it. but still its going to be a cool job

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch!
    I doubt you're going to learn blue magic through any sort of scrolls. Either you're going to have to be hit by the enemy's ability and survive or there will be a lancet-style ability like the one Kimahri used in FFX to learn his overdrive skills which was, essentially, blue magic. Quests wouldn't make any sense.
    When I said questing, I meant a specil quest that puts you in a fight with a monster that you can learn that ability from. It doesn't have to be a scroll. I'm thinking that there might be unique monsters that are hard as hell that you have to fight to get the magic.

If they make it like Kimhari's lancer ability I'd think it'd be a bit too easy to get spells/abilities. If they make you survive the ability by a mob then it'll be a lot tougher. Especially all of the higher lvled mobs/spells. But none the less it'll be good. FFXI is a difficult MMO, I hope the job will not dissapoint me.
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Everyday I wish that I could be the one, for you...

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Lancet-like ability would not necessarily be too easy.
    say for instance that Meteor is a BLU spell, it would be very very difficult to get bc there aren't many mobs in the game that cast Meteor(ie: the behemoths, hard to claim nm's: last KB pop on shiva there were 230 campers...more ppl in Behemoth's Dominion than in Lower Jeuno at the time)
    the easier/basic spells you'll probably be able to get from regular mobs you can find all over the place, but the special ones, like meteor, will be found only on nm's and be much harder to get.

good example chionos but it doesn't apply to the other spells. I just gotta mention lancet was the easiest way to learn them next to surviving a hit. What about FF9's way of doing it. I don't remember the character's name but you had to eat them to get the spell. as for the scroll thing I think that would be the way they do it. seeing that you will either have to buy the spell or get the rare drop from a monster. either way I hope it will have a good cure spell as well as a few elemental spells. I'm so looking forward to might guard btw.
    Sabin:
    You think a little thing like the end of the world was going to do me in.
    FF6

Barret
    There ain’t no getting off this train we’re on
    FF7

Seifer
    "One of these days, I'm gonna tell ya 'bout my ROMANTIC dream!"
    FF8

Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!"

-ending of FF9

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Hornet

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum