Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII-Best Square Game?

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Still the same company. They just merged with another and changed the name. That's like saying the old EB Games down the street that became a GameStop is still an EB Games.

VII is my favorite, VIII was decent but just never caught me like VII, IX or X did.

I think VII was the best, I got really involved with the storyline. VI is a close second though.
    "Reality is that which,
    when you stop believing in it,
    doesn't go away".
    Philip K. Dick

Smile

:mog: the problem here is the there is some decsension in our ranks. this is a website dedicated to what we all can agree is the best series of video games ever. who cares which in the series is the best, thats wat makes the series soo great the fact that each game is a diferent experience and those of us that perfer different elements of each game just need to choose the best one for their style. if you like cuztomizing yur party, and having a different experience each time you play, theres ff i, iii, v, x-2, and tactics. for those that prefer a more regimented linear gameplay with static(albeit awesome characters) the tend to perfer the others. there are other examples, and that why we all know that final fantasy does and will awesome kick the ass of every other game made.:mog:
    You can :twak: KILL :x_x: me, but my animated corpse will still go run ya down

I wouldnt say so but now that Im starting to think back on it Im beginning to appreciate it more.
    Silly jilly ultra nuggets.
    My sig was deleted.

FFVII had the best magic/skill system of any Square/Squaresoft/Square-Enix game. The Materia system was easily the best. Sure, the Junction system of VIII was great for maxing stats easily, but it eliminated the usefullness of magic, and it also got rid of a ton of the really cool abilities that dominated in VII. 4xCut, Slash-All, Deathblow, Morph, and of course Mime.

Was VII the best game? Much more difficult decision. It was one of the better games, no doubt, being well rounded in terms of plot, characters, graphics, sound, and gameplay, but I won't comment on whether or not it was the best.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 02-15-2006 at 10:27 PM.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

No way! never the best square game. i admit it is a great game, but has many downfalls. too many
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

FINAL FANTASY VII is not only the best square game, it's THEE best game of all time in my opinion.

Which FF Character Are You?

Second Character: Tidus
    Third Character: Yuffie

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Seriously, there is no BEST FF game!

FFVII > FFVIII XD

~Setzer Gabianni

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

I favor FFVII, but i havent played ALL of the FF games, only I, II, VII, VIII, VIX, VX soo...

my personal fave is also ffVII, i thought it had the best storyline and although the charaters looked square.... i liked the fact that they were square.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

FFVII is my favorite, but I think Xenogears is better.
    I like Kung-Fu.

FFVII is a really good Square game, probably tied with FFVI for my favorite Final Fantasy game. However it isn't my favorite Square game.
    Signature removed for exceeding the 250 pixel height limit (including text)

~Void

i can never decide which is my favourite between 7 and 10, i think 10 probably tops it just, but only becuse it has graphics and wot not that weren't available when 7 was made. i think if 7 got remade n ps3 i would need a serious rethink.

Why do you imprison your saviour?

lol DMKA's sig is funny