Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Retro Party - "Because retro games rock harder than anything!"

Default Retro Party - "Because retro games rock harder than anything!"

Are you still not in a party yet? Or would you rather be in a better one than your current one? Well, either way, retro gamers unite: the ultimate party is here, and you can join! All I basically ask of you is that you enjoy retro games of some kind, whether it's really old arcade games, or even games for the Nintendo 64 (yes, it counts as retro).

Currently, it seems a bit biased towards Nintendo games, but everyone will be able to have their own retro sig/avatar, and I'll even create them for you if you can't (if you're a member)! So...

- Party Name: Retro Party
    - Party Official Slogan: "Because retro games rock harder than anything!"
    - Party Mascot: Currently, it's Mr. Game and Watch. Certainly an ideal mascot. Here's an image of the guy from Super Smash Bros. Melee, where he was a character.

- Party Official Banner: Here it is... This is the default one, but like I said, if you join, I'll make one for you based on a game/character of choice!

- Party Leader: Me. Shaun.

Member List
    Shaun
    Darth Holmes
    Tifa's Real Lover (Really)
    (Still awaiting more members. Join this l33t party while you still can!)

If you join, well, here are the positions... There can be three members for each, and here's the info, as quoted by the topic:

General 1. This group includes Gen Chat and Eyes on Each Other. Hopefully your candidates aren't EoEO banned.

General 2. This group includes Lounge, Gen Gaming, Art Gallery, and Writer's Corner. Candidates will be asked to perform tasks somehow related to these forums.

Staff/Reference. This includes Site Staff, Help, Feedback, the Archives, and any other forums certain members can seebut not others. Would be wise to get site staff or forums staff to run for this position since they might be better equipped for some tasks, but who knows.

Final Fantasy: The First Generation. Includes ff1 - ff6. Also may cover obscure old school Star Trek trivia. People running for these should hopefully have played these games.

Final Fantasy: The Second Generation. Includes ff7 - ff12 and all those sequels and stuff. Graphics whores will fit in best here. Again, it will help if your three candidates are familiar with the games.

The World is Square...and Enix. All the rest in here. Tactics, Chrono, KH, etc. Einhänder, Rad Racer, Bushido Blade. The list goes on.
    Okay, here's who assigned to the different parts...

Shaun: General 1.
    Darth Holmes: General 2.
    Tifa's Real Lover (Really): No confirmed preference.

So what're you waiting for? Forget about Psy, forget about those stupid hot freaking air balloons, and forget pink! At the end of the day, we often just want to sit down and play a fricking game! Haha. Well, in this party, you promote games! Simply post in here if you want to join. Oh, and good literacy skills aren't a requirement, but recommended.
    Last edited by Shaun; 02-10-2006 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    Oh, and good literacy skills aren't a requirement, but recommended.

I like the idea, but hot air balloons are actually pretty neat so I'm afraid I can't join.

How long has it been raining?

...Forever.

Blog Entries

I like the banner. ><

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Pirate Red Mages are about as old school as ye can get.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Blog Entries

Pirate Red Mages is the best, even Psy said so.

Yes , pirate red mages rock!
    Rock, old skool!
    The last words of Oscar Wilde, to the wallpaper in his room - "One of us has to go"

Well, I'm sure there's more people to join, right? Oh well, five minutes have passed. Surely in a day, I'll have found some people who find retro gaming more important than red...pirate mages. Or hot air balloons! Hey, even better sigs will be on the way. It's just not as easy because the only time I ever get on the Internet is at college.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    Well, I'm sure there's more people to join, right? Oh well, five minutes have passed. Surely in a day, I'll have found some people who find retro gaming more important than red...pirate mages. Or hot air balloons! Hey, even better sigs will be on the way. It's just not as easy because the only time I ever get on the Internet is at college.
    You could hump a tree with that avatar.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I believe that rocking out to retro games and riding fat chocobos would go very well together. :chef:
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by Mandinka
    You could hump a tree with that avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    I believe that rocking out to retro games and riding fat chocobos would go very well together. :chef:
    Agreed. Indeed it would. But I'm not negotiating with any other parties, just wanted to let you know. And the fat chocobos would take away the retro theme a bit. I'd rather ride on that dragon/chicken thing from Golden Axe.

Retro enough?

(If it says Image Hosted By error, screw you, and good luck with your party. )

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I'd post a picture of a chocobo in FFII if I could find it. Now that's retro.
    Figaro Castle

Sign me up. Put me in General gaming if you can.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies