Thread: >> Omega..

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Post >> Omega..

>>> Omega is a bastard and I have never been able to kill him..
    Anyways, anyone has a true and effective way to beat Omega..??

and dont tell me to level up a lot because that didnt work...
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Master Ninja, Sorcerer (Mystic Knight) and Hunter for as many characters as possible. Then, put these characters on the ‘Bare’ class, equip them with two of your best swords and give them ‘Magic Sword’ and ‘X-fight’ as abilities. Now, as soon as you enter the battle with Omega, use ‘Bolt 3’ sword magic. Next time you get a turn use X-fight. You will attack 8 times, causing 6000+ damage per hit. This will make short work of Omega.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Sound good to me, the only problem with Omega is that the bastard is so fast that it can erase your party in just a few seconds.
    I was lucky to endure atleast 3 rounds alive.

I suggest that you use the set up I described for two party member, and set up the two other members so that they can protect/heal the party.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Thanks, I`ll keep that in mind.
    I would like to test this right away but dont know when I will be able to replay FF5 again..

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

My strategy for omega is flawless. Set your characters up and follow my EXACT instructions and you will not lose.

Player 1: Bare class
    Head: Ribbon
    Body: Genji armour
    Relic: Winged shoes
    Weapon: Braveblade/Ragnarok/excalibur (2x)
    Ability 1: Sshot (x-fight)
    Ability 2: Sword! (magic sword)

Players 2,3 and 4: Mime
    Head: whatever
    Body: whatever
    Relic: Winged shoes
    Ability 1: White6
    Ability 2: Time6
    Ability 3: Hide

Cast Float on your party before the battle.

With four characters wearing winged shoes you will be granted initiative. This is garanteed.

Turn 1: Bare class casts bolt3 on his swords. Hide two mimes. The final mime should cast Quick, then cast reflect on your bare class, and then hide.

Omega: His Atom ray will be reflected. His instant death attacks Blaster and Delta attack will be reflected. Earthshaker will miss. WHATEVER attack omega uses will only take about half your HP.

Turn 2: Bare class uses Sshot, hits 8 times with good damage.

Omega: will counter attack up to four times. Your bare class will die.

Turn 3: WAIT until omega has attacked (as you are still hidden) and immedietley come back on screen after his attack. Your winged shoes will garantee your time bar will fill faster. Only bring out two mimes and have them both cast Quick. One should cast Arise on your bare class then hide. Your other should cast Reflect on your bare class then hide.

Omega: His instant death attacks will again be reflected. None of his attacks will take more than half your HP.

Turn 4: Your bare class will still have Bolt3 on his two swords. Use Sshot again.

He should be dead by then. This method works on a respectable level 40. If he isn't dead just repeat the pattern.

If Omega should at any point cast Encircle, one of your mimes should cast Return. If i recall, Encircle is a counter attack, which means there is only one chance of him using it as he dies after the second attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Wow, it has been so much time since I played FF5, i just cant remember which class has the "Float magic" and the "Hide" ability..

Hide is a level one bard ability Float is a time mage ability. I dont remember what level it is, but you need three characters with time6 anyway
    Last edited by Shin Gouken; 02-12-2006 at 11:22 AM.
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

You should equip all characters with flame rings... or is it fire ring?... Same thing... That should absorb most of Omegas heat (Heh). My guys were around lvl 50 when i defeated him I used the whole sshot, quick, bolt sword strategem with a white mage healing everyone.
    Yes, I really am a Tonberry. Believe it.

i have been trying to beat him alot recently, my biggest complaint is how rocket punch can confuse a guy wearing a ribbon. just don't get it.

Ribbons aren't all that in final fantasy V. While wearing a ribbon you can still be hit by instant death, condemn, zombie and confuse

Angel robes protect from zombie and confusion
    Bonemail protects from instant death

As far as i'm aware, there is no way to protect from condemn

my problems with omega are encircle and rocket punch.for encircle,i use return immediately.for rocket punch,i hit the confused party member.i didnt mind all his other attacks.atom ray,for example,can be beneficial with fire ring equipped.time magic quick is really essential for me.
    "I'll tell you one thing... The truly mighty ones don't flaunt their power. How can I describe it to you? The sly eagle hides its claws."
    -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX