Thread: Square Enix Ships Off Final Fantasy XI Gold Sellers

Default Square Enix Ships Off Final Fantasy XI Gold Sellers

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2006/021106a.html

Recently a large number of accounts in Final Fantasy XI have been suspended and terminated, Square Enix announced. The terminations were the end result of an investigation into what Square Enix termed as "Real Money Trading," or RMT, and the discovery of "a group using illicit methods to produce large amounts of gil that [were] later sold in the real world."

"[I]tem values have risen astronomically on all Worlds due to the manipulation of prices by a small percentage of the player base," Square Enix said. Over 700 separate accounts were terminated as a result of the investigation into the RMT transactions, and over 300 billion gil was removed from circulation as a result. Already the over-inflated prices of certain items have begun to fall, as well.

"[A]cts of RMT will not be tolerated in Final Fantasy XI, and any violations of the user agreement will be dealt with severely," Square Enix warned. Emergency maintenance to counteract the RMT had taken place over two separate periods from January 17 onward, and further efforts in the same vein can be expected if more violations are found in the future.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

/clap and /hurray this has to be good news to others as well
    Sabin:
    You think a little thing like the end of the world was going to do me in.
    FF6

Barret
    There ain’t no getting off this train we’re on
    FF7

Seifer
    "One of these days, I'm gonna tell ya 'bout my ROMANTIC dream!"
    FF8

Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!"

-ending of FF9

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Prices are dropping like mad. It is indeed good news.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, but how long will they stay down? This was a good quick fix sorta purge, but give it a month and the prices will be back up again, gilsellers will create new accounts, and we're in the same mess as before.

Squeenix either needs to do a purge like this every few months, or revamp the economic system altogether.

But as for right now, I'm gonna take advantage of the low prices while they last.

I wish I could take advanage. I have like 73K and can't sell anything worth the time. hmm maybe some people can pm me on ways to make money.
    Sabin:
    You think a little thing like the end of the world was going to do me in.
    FF6

Barret
    There ain’t no getting off this train we’re on
    FF7

Seifer
    "One of these days, I'm gonna tell ya 'bout my ROMANTIC dream!"
    FF8

Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!"

-ending of FF9

To make money all you have to do is find out what sells for how much, how often can you find the item and how to acquire it as well as the demand for it. Just look at the AH and eventually you can find your niche.

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Last edited by Gwelenguchenkus; 09-03-2008 at 06:46 AM.

I think they should just continuously ban people instead of just waiting around and then doing it every once in a while.
    Yeah The prices have droped a little on my serv but There bound to go back up. ;\
    ---------------------------

It's funny because when gil prices on IGE went up and there was almost no gil to buy my products stopped selling. It's pretty obvious that what I sell (secret) panders to gilbuyers. I went from making 1M+/hr to less than 500k/hr.

To me what happened made my frighteningly aware of the amount of gilbuyers playing the game. I mean once the all of this hit my sales ground to a halt. There were unprecedented numbers of my stuff on the AH with shockingly no buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Heart Lion
    To make money all you have to do is find out what sells for how much, how often can you find the item and how to acquire it as well as the demand for it. Just look at the AH and eventually you can find your niche.
    There are tons of loop holes when it comes to making gil such as over-farming it. Such as organizing with a group of players and basicly making a monopoly over certain items. thus controling the price. Thus they would sell the gil. A small percentage was able to organize itself into basicly grabbing the market place of the FF11 world and keeping items at a inflamed price. Then selling the gil to users who will then give it back to those gil sellers.

Gil selling is selling a currency and its a dishonest business. Expecially video game currency that you will get back because oyu basicly control the certain items players need.. Its nice to see SE doing something about it now. Anyway now players have more of a say so in how the market works.