Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jumo flan

Default jumo flan

Okay I got a moderatly leveled up party with tidus,auronand yuna with bdl, can't beat that stinking jumbo flan, "the art of war" preaches strategy, but I prefer brute force................. my tactic is failing in this battle, any ideas?

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

At this point of the game, you WILL NEED STRATEGY. STRATEGY = ARMOR BREAK. After using armor break, just pound away with whatever characters you wish to use. Armor break only takes 1 turn to use, and a 1.5 turn cooldown rate. Otherwise, use any non-elemental magic you have learned with Lulu (if you have it, don't go out of your way to learn it)

Default jumbo flan

thanx for answering, but armor break didn't work, IMMUNE, I have reflect on tidus, with yuna and rikku both doublecasting flare, but there seems to be no end to his hp, his ultima is wiping my guys out. bahumt can only use his mega flare for 99999 about every 3 turns, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I thought you were referring to the one in Mt. Gagazet. The Species Creation one is much harder to beat.

First off, cast reflect on one of your characters (only one and rely on X-Potions to heal that character. Use shell/Lunar Curtains if you have them (useable with the USE command, not Item). After that have a character doublecast Flare off the Reflected Character, or use Ultima. After that, copycat if you have it.

I suggest completing the entrie Sphere Grid if you don't want to have to put up with the annoying concept of "dying". Otherwise, follow the instructions.

The Jumbo Flan is more annyoing than most of the Original Creations.
    PM or post if you need help. Or AIM. That works too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel
    At this point of the game, you WILL NEED STRATEGY. STRATEGY = ARMOR BREAK. After using armor break, just pound away with whatever characters you wish to use. Armor break only takes 1 turn to use, and a 1.5 turn cooldown rate. Otherwise, use any non-elemental magic you have learned with Lulu (if you have it, don't go out of your way to learn it)
    I think your wrong, I NEVER used Armor Break, not once, I killed all the different type of Flans using Attack, apart from at the very beggining at Besaid, where you HAVE to use the magic to kill them.

Which FF Character Are You?

Second Character: Tidus
    Third Character: Yuffie

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by a nirvana fan
    I think your wrong, I NEVER used Armor Break, not once, I killed all the different type of Flans using Attack, apart from at the very beggining at Besaid, where you HAVE to use the magic to kill them.
    Armor Break works on all the Flans until the Monster Arena. I also barely level up. I think I maybe had 30 Sphere levels on all characters my first playthrough. I HAD to use strategy. I don't bother with power leveling (or going out of my way to level at all).

Thumbs up jumbo flan

well he just ultima'd me again, I guess I am a bit underpowered to unlock nemisis!!!!! once I beat that flan I will try beating nemisis with my wimpy team should be fun........... thanx 4 the help

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Auto-Life. Always with Auto-Life.

If you want to learn how to beat Nemesis, refer to this thread.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=78873

If my memory serves me correct, I think I heard of getting Anima's magic to 255 or thereabouts, caste haste on herself, have the lancet ability, and use Pain alot. I thought Jumbo can only be damages effectively (or at all) by magic attacks, and Pain isn't a physical attack, and at 255 magic, will do 99,999 damage.

FFXIV Character

Shiromoto Tatsuji (Siren)

Haven't you learned anything about flans, man? You have to use magic dude! Armor break helps too I think.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Your best choice is to level up three people's magic and start double casting+copy catting ultima, or teach anima shell and haste and let her pain him away~

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

A typo, obviously.

Well..umm...I knew that.. I just like to criticize

Animas pain is good against this the trouble is is that anima hs rubbish magic defence